Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eric's late season mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Eric's late season mock Reply with quote

-Vikings finish the season 7-9.
-Spielman decides to give Les one more year to prove himself worthy.
-Frazier fires Bill Musgrave and hires Norv Turner as the OC.

Players resigned
FB- Jerome Felton- 1 yr
RT- Phil Loadholt- 5 yrs
RG- Geoff Schwartz- 1 yrs
DT- Kevin Williams- 4 yrs
OLB- Erin Henderson- 1 yr
MLB- Jasper Brinkley- 1 yr
CB- AJ Jefferson- 1 yr
SS- Jamarca Sanford- 3 yrs

Players Let Go
WR- Jerome Simpson
WR- Michael Jenkins
WR- Devin Aromashadu
WR- Stephen Burton
TE- John Carlson
OL- Joe Berger
DT- Letroy Guion
LB- Marvin Mitchell
CB- Brandon Burton
CB- Marcus Sherels
S- Andrew Sendejo
G- Charlie Johnson

Free Agents signed:

QB Matt Flynn- 2 years, 5 million
After being cut from the Seahawks because of his salary and the rise of Wilson, Flynn looks for somewhere he can compete to start. So Minny brings him in to go in a 3 way competition with Ponder and Webb for the starting QB position.

S Kenny Phillips- 4 years, 25 million
The Giants dont come to an agreement as they dont want to pay Phillips what he wants as they have Stevie Johnson and Antrel Rolle balling. Also Kenny has had a nagging knee injury this season, so he hasnt been able to show much. The Vikings snag their safety to play next to Harrison Smith to make a young, rangy safety combo.

WR Ramses Barden- 1 year, 1.2 million
The Vikings take a 1 year flyer on a player that has been buried in the depth chart in NY. He has shown the ability to make some plays at the next level.

Draft:

1. WR, Terrance Williams, Baylor
Terrance has true #1 WR skills and he has amazing talent. To the Vikings, this is just what they need. He would come in and immediately start with Percy Harvin.

2. DT, Lous Nix, ND
Another Golden Domer, Nix is a straight monster. Good against the run and rush the passer. He is a very disruptive NT and should be the anchor of an already good dline.

3. ILB, Michael Mauti, Penn State
Another standout Penn State LB comes to the NFL. Mauti isnt the biggest guy, but he plays mean. He is an overall solid LB, he even returned an INT for 99 yards so you know he can catch. Wink

4. OG, Braden Hanson, BYU
Braden is an all around solid G. He isnt the strongest brute in the world but he should do just fine playing next to Matt Kalil. He can also play C which is nice for depth purposes.

4. WR, Emory Blake, Auburn
Blake is a talented, big WR with some speed to make DBs pay. He brings some big play ability to the table as well. Worth a chance in round 4.

5. CB, Darius Slay, Miss State
Slay is a senior who hasnt really stood out, but that sometimes is a good thing. He is a good sized CB, with the physical skills to succeed. At least he gives us a reason to relieve Brandon Burton of his duties.

6. G, James Wilson, Florida
Lots of competition at G

7. RB, Dennis Johnson, Arkansas
Solid KR and 3rd down back potential.

Depth chart:

QB: Ponder, Flynn, Webb
RB: AD, Gerhart, Johnson
FB: Felton
WR: Williams, Harvin, Wright, Blake, Barden, Childs
TE: Rudolph, Reisner, Ellison
LT: Kalil, Love
LG: Hanson, Schwartz, Fusco
C: Sullivan, Fusco
RG: Fusco, Wilson
RT: Loadholt, Love

DE: Allen, Griffen
NT: Nix, Evans
UT: Williams, Ballard
DE: Robison, Reed
OLB: Greenway, Dean
MLB: Mauti, Brinkley, Cole
OLB: Henderson, Mitchell
CB1: Cook, AJ Jefferson
CB2: Robinson, Slay
Nickel: Winfield
FS: Smith, Sanford
SS: Phillips, Raymond

K: Walsh
P: Kluwe

KR: Harvin, Johnson
PR: Wright, Johnson

There it is, what are yalls thoughts?

#TEDDYTHEVIKING

Last edited by Eric dunn on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good picks overall, a lot of players who i have considered using in mocks. I like the Terrance Williams pick, I think he has a decent amount of potential. I love Nix in round 2, but I think the odds of that happening are rather slim. I think he is a potentially better prospect than Michael Brockers and Nix has the potential to fit in either a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. Nix will probably be the third or fourth interior lineman off the board. Granted its truly hard to judge, but he has a ton going in his favor.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Good picks overall, a lot of players who i have considered using in mocks. I like the Terrance Williams pick, I think he has a decent amount of potential. I love Nix in round 2, but I think the odds of that happening are rather slim. I think he is a potentially better prospect than Michael Brockers and Nix has the potential to fit in either a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme. Nix will probably be the third or fourth interior lineman off the board. Granted its truly hard to judge, but he has a ton going in his favor.

Yeah, if Nix declares he will be a Top 10 pick. Williams has the speed, size, work ethic, and production that you want out of a prospect. He is really soft though, not a good blocker and may struggle with press at the next level. Those aren't big knocks though, the same could be same for nearly every WR prospect. Would be a solid pick. Mauti has several injuries in his career so that may send some teams the other way. He is a solid coverage linebacker and has been productive when on the field. Dennis Johnson will be a good player in this league.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i dont think Nix will last that long either. But its still very early in the process to know.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I have no problem with the Matt Flynn signing because a) I think he can become a solid QB for us with Adrian as his RB and b) he'd dominate Ponder in an open competition so I believe he'd win the job outright without trouble. I might prefer taking an OG earlier on in the Draft. 4th round seems a little low. I might see who's available in the 2nd.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
I like it. I have no problem with the Matt Flynn signing because a) I think he can become a solid QB for us with Adrian as his RB and b) he'd dominate Ponder in an open competition so I believe he'd win the job outright without trouble. I might prefer taking an OG earlier on in the Draft. 4th round seems a little low. I might see who's available in the 2nd.

But to you, what position is more important? ILB or G?

To me its ILB because its the heart of the defense. But your opinion may differ.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I really, really want an OG for this team, I cannot argue with your logic on your picks at all.

That said, not a Flynn fan at all. Replace that with Henne or Smith or even Vik and I'd like this offseason more.
Sloppy28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the first 2 rounds, but not a fan of waiting that long for a starting guard. I would rather roll the dice with Cole for a year in the middle and see what he offers than roll the dice with anyone we have at LG for another year. Overall, fairly solid. I would like to see an upgrade at OLB over Henderson in either the draft or free agency also.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: