Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anonymous Lion calls out Suh
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a guess. Durant. Durants probably upset at Suh because he played too deep of a coverage on the winning TD and Suh wasn't there in his lane to save his mistake.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
Doesn't come across as brusque as Dom normally does. IMO if Raiola had something to say about Suh or anyone else it wouldn't be anonymous.

My best guess would be someone who lines up with Suh on the D line or right behind him. KVB or Tulloch maybe, sounds to me like a guy that has been on multiple teams.

Given the player stated, we have a few guys who don't know what it takes to win, it would, I think have to be a veteran who has played on a winning team.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
LionFanRoxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dime to donuts it was the now ex Lion Erik Coleman.
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
38andy38 wrote:
Doesn't come across as brusque as Dom normally does. IMO if Raiola had something to say about Suh or anyone else it wouldn't be anonymous.

My best guess would be someone who lines up with Suh on the D line or right behind him. KVB or Tulloch maybe, sounds to me like a guy that has been on multiple teams.

Given the player stated, we have a few guys who don't know what it takes to win, it would, I think have to be a veteran who has played on a winning team.

I bet every professional player thinks they know what it takes to win.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
38andy38

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
38andy38 wrote:

I bet every professional player thinks they know what it takes to win.

The emphasis in part of the quote regarding effort and quantifying it with percentages made me think of KVB since that's how he is described - "110% effort" etc

Realistically I believe he knows this is it for him in Detroit, it wouldn't surprise me to see him pull the plug and this, even though its being taken very negatively, could be the last effort made at making a difference for this team. It could go either way and really screw this team up....or it could be the lightbulb moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if Schwartz knew this was coming.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Anonymous Lion calls out Suh Reply with quote

JSMcTilty wrote:
ManeLine wrote:
http://www.freep.com/article/20121206/SPORTS01/121206094/Ndamukong-Suh-detroit-lions?odyssey=tab

Quote:
He’s come under fire from anonymous general managers and identifiable opponents, and now Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is catching flak from an unnamed teammate.

After Sunday’s 35-33 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, one Lions player told Yahoo Sports that Suh and others “don’t understand what it takes to win.”

“Yeah, we're loaded," the unnamed player told Yahoo. "But we have a couple of guys who don't understand what it takes to win. Just making a couple of plays and thinking that makes you great … sometimes you want to just shake some of these guys and say, 'Don't you get it?' "

Asked who in particular fell into that category, the player said, “Ndamukong would be first.”

In some ways, Suh played his best games of the season against the Colts. He sacked Andrew Luck on Indianapolis' first play, made six tackles, including four for loss, and hit Luck six more times.

But he also got out of his rush lane on the game’s final play, when Luck stepped up in the pocket and hit Donnie Avery for a game-winning 14-yard touchdown as time expired.

“He's focused for 90 percent of the time," an anonymous teammate told Yahoo. "But it's the 10 percent that kills you. … With (Suh), he loses his cool and all of a sudden we're blowing a play or dealing with some controversy.”

Suh has been at the center of plenty of controversy in his three-year NFL career.

After an all-pro rookie season, he was suspended two games last year for stomping on the arm of Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith. Last month he was fined $30,000 for kicking Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin on Thanksgiving. And earlier this year, an anonymous general manager ripped him as belonging on the "all-hype team" to Pro Football Weekly.

On Sunday, Colts offensive lineman Mike McGlynn accused Suh of taunting Winston Justice after he blocked Justice during an interception return and gave the lineman a concussion.

Suh said Wednesday he was celebrating the interception and insisted “I’m the type of player that would never celebrate anybody being hurt.” Replays showed Suh delivered a clean block on Justice and did not capture the celebration.

Still, the unnamed Lion who spoke to Yahoo blamed Suh’s behavior for some of what has ailed the team during its disappointing 4-8 season.

“When stars act like that, everybody else thinks it's OK to act like that," the player said. "It's like with kids. You let one get a little out of control, the other one does the same thing pretty quick. It's human nature.”

Even a teammate is calling him out now. I wish the player who said this wouldn't hide and would man up.

What do you guys think about this? Any guesses who would say something like this? My first guess would be Dom.

Don't think it was Dom either, it wouldn't be anonymous. Chris Houston said almost the same thing about guys letting up at the end, thinking they thought the game was already over. He didn't mention Suh by name though. So maybe him? I hope not though b/c I like the guy lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Houston, or even Corey Williams. They both had even made similar comments about the team thinking games were over in 2010 before the 4 game win streak.
ctad2002

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my guess is eric coleman
ahoda

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it was Durant or Levy, but the guys that guessed Coleman, that's also a very good guess.

Looks like Schwartz is losing the locker room, once that happens he is done.
bdubs3316

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I dont think Suh was as far out of position on that play as Avril was. I think the hole was created due to Avril running straight up the field to the 25 yard line. That gave Luck as much room as he needed.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the chances it's from the offensive side of the ball? For some reason, I can imagine Burleson saying those words, but I don't think he'd go to the media with a comment like that.

It's a shame that this happened.

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
What are the chances it's from the offensive side of the ball? For some reason, I can imagine Burleson saying those words, but I don't think he'd go to the media with a comment like that.

I thought offense too. I was thinking Scheffler, Osgood or someone like that. Maybe Kevin Smith. Someone who isn't a big part of on field play is my guess. Anyone on the field likely wouldn't say these things or at least not anonymously.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the season rolls on I'm seriously thinking theres some propaganda going on against Suh through the media an maybe our organization. Seems like he won't be around here for 2013. Just a gut feeling, nothing to back it up.
LionsFan630

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breakdown by PFT of the play explains why Suh probably was the last guy to blame.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/blaming-ndamukong-suh-for-colts-winning-td-doesnt-make-sense/

Quote:
And when the defense has more players dropping into coverage than the offense has running pass patterns, it’s a breakdown in coverage if one of the receivers gets wide open. That breakdown is certainly not Suh’s fault.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:
Breakdown by PFT of the play explains why Suh probably was the last guy to blame.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/blaming-ndamukong-suh-for-colts-winning-td-doesnt-make-sense/

Quote:
And when the defense has more players dropping into coverage than the offense has running pass patterns, it’s a breakdown in coverage if one of the receivers gets wide open. That breakdown is certainly not Suh’s fault.

PFT also stated in the article that it was an anonymous Lions coaching staff member, not player.

This stuff doesn't add up. With it being anonymous, who's to say that it is even a current member of the team? Maybe the anonymous GM and anonymous Lion are the same anonymous person. I don't care to look that much into it but when the anonymous GM and anonymous Lion member articles came out, we're they written by the same writer?

This anonymous stuff is ridiculous. This irritates me more than how our season has turned out so far.
#71 Riley Reiff
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:

I thought offense too. I was thinking Scheffler, Osgood or someone like that. Maybe Kevin Smith. Someone who isn't a big part of on field play is my guess. Anyone on the field likely wouldn't say these things or at least not anonymously.

Interesting. Osgood is... intriguing. Someone new enough to not 'care' about keeping things in house, 'good' enough at his role to think he should open his mouth, ignorant enough about the defense to think Suh made a mistake, and with experiences elsewhere to base his opinion off of.

That's my vote.

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: