Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anonymous Lion calls out Suh
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 4929
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Anonymous Lion calls out Suh Reply with quote

http://www.freep.com/article/20121206/SPORTS01/121206094/Ndamukong-Suh-detroit-lions?odyssey=tab

Quote:
He’s come under fire from anonymous general managers and identifiable opponents, and now Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is catching flak from an unnamed teammate.

After Sunday’s 35-33 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, one Lions player told Yahoo Sports that Suh and others “don’t understand what it takes to win.”

“Yeah, we're loaded," the unnamed player told Yahoo. "But we have a couple of guys who don't understand what it takes to win. Just making a couple of plays and thinking that makes you great … sometimes you want to just shake some of these guys and say, 'Don't you get it?' "

Asked who in particular fell into that category, the player said, “Ndamukong would be first.”

In some ways, Suh played his best games of the season against the Colts. He sacked Andrew Luck on Indianapolis' first play, made six tackles, including four for loss, and hit Luck six more times.

But he also got out of his rush lane on the game’s final play, when Luck stepped up in the pocket and hit Donnie Avery for a game-winning 14-yard touchdown as time expired.

“He's focused for 90 percent of the time," an anonymous teammate told Yahoo. "But it's the 10 percent that kills you. … With (Suh), he loses his cool and all of a sudden we're blowing a play or dealing with some controversy.”

Suh has been at the center of plenty of controversy in his three-year NFL career.

After an all-pro rookie season, he was suspended two games last year for stomping on the arm of Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith. Last month he was fined $30,000 for kicking Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin on Thanksgiving. And earlier this year, an anonymous general manager ripped him as belonging on the "all-hype team" to Pro Football Weekly.

On Sunday, Colts offensive lineman Mike McGlynn accused Suh of taunting Winston Justice after he blocked Justice during an interception return and gave the lineman a concussion.

Suh said Wednesday he was celebrating the interception and insisted “I’m the type of player that would never celebrate anybody being hurt.” Replays showed Suh delivered a clean block on Justice and did not capture the celebration.

Still, the unnamed Lion who spoke to Yahoo blamed Suh’s behavior for some of what has ailed the team during its disappointing 4-8 season.

“When stars act like that, everybody else thinks it's OK to act like that," the player said. "It's like with kids. You let one get a little out of control, the other one does the same thing pretty quick. It's human nature.”


Even a teammate is calling him out now. I wish the player who said this wouldn't hide and would man up.

What do you guys think about this? Any guesses who would say something like this? My first guess would be Dom.
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know who the player was as well, but unless it's Calvin or Stafford there isn't really anyone on the roster that could put a name behind those statements and not be strongly criticized.

Dom has a big mouth and he talks a lot, but he also puts his name and face behind what he says. It could be him, but I don't see him remaining anonymous. He really doesn't care about the impact his words have on the team.

In regards to Suh... the team is reaching an interesting point with him. They're going to have to make a tough decision whether to resign him long term (as well as Stafford) or to let him walk/trade him. It's getting to the point now where his attitude and lack of high impact plays doesn't warrant the type of contract that he has and that he's likely expecting. The big three (Stafford, Suh, and Calvin) are going to cripple the Lions cap going forward, and I think Suh is going to be the odd man out if his attitude, behavior, and lack of production in comparison to his rookie season don't improve. He's becoming bigger than the team on many levels and it's unfortunate. But, only time will tell how they handle the situation, but to this point it's been pretty disappointing.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8720
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like something Titus Young would say. Whoever it is, they are an idiot. Suh hasn't lost his cool at any point this year and cost us. His one penalty for five yards isn't why we're missing the playoffs.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2932
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't come across as brusque as Dom normally does. IMO if Raiola had something to say about Suh or anyone else it wouldn't be anonymous.

My best guess would be someone who lines up with Suh on the D line or right behind him. KVB or Tulloch maybe, sounds to me like a guy that has been on multiple teams.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8720
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
Doesn't come across as brusque as Dom normally does. IMO if Raiola had something to say about Suh or anyone else it wouldn't be anonymous.

My best guess would be someone who lines up with Suh on the D line or right behind him. KVB or Tulloch maybe, sounds to me like a guy that has been on multiple teams.


KVB and Tulloch are about the last people who I would think of hearing this. They don't strike me as anti team players like this anonymous source does.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25888
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting article. Normally I would dismiss it simply because of anonymity however as its tied to a Lions player it's probably best.

I think regardless this is going to create problems because now there is a player saying negative things about a teammate to the media.

So in the locker room players are wondering who it is.

This franchise is simply snake bit. It doesn't matter what how or why they simply always find a way to self destruct.

It would be nice to get through one week without some type of bull feathers.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JSMcTilty


Joined: 31 Dec 2010
Posts: 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Anonymous Lion calls out Suh Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
http://www.freep.com/article/20121206/SPORTS01/121206094/Ndamukong-Suh-detroit-lions?odyssey=tab

Quote:
He’s come under fire from anonymous general managers and identifiable opponents, and now Detroit Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh is catching flak from an unnamed teammate.

After Sunday’s 35-33 loss to the Indianapolis Colts, one Lions player told Yahoo Sports that Suh and others “don’t understand what it takes to win.”

“Yeah, we're loaded," the unnamed player told Yahoo. "But we have a couple of guys who don't understand what it takes to win. Just making a couple of plays and thinking that makes you great … sometimes you want to just shake some of these guys and say, 'Don't you get it?' "

Asked who in particular fell into that category, the player said, “Ndamukong would be first.”

In some ways, Suh played his best games of the season against the Colts. He sacked Andrew Luck on Indianapolis' first play, made six tackles, including four for loss, and hit Luck six more times.

But he also got out of his rush lane on the game’s final play, when Luck stepped up in the pocket and hit Donnie Avery for a game-winning 14-yard touchdown as time expired.

“He's focused for 90 percent of the time," an anonymous teammate told Yahoo. "But it's the 10 percent that kills you. … With (Suh), he loses his cool and all of a sudden we're blowing a play or dealing with some controversy.”

Suh has been at the center of plenty of controversy in his three-year NFL career.

After an all-pro rookie season, he was suspended two games last year for stomping on the arm of Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Evan Dietrich-Smith. Last month he was fined $30,000 for kicking Houston Texans quarterback Matt Schaub in the groin on Thanksgiving. And earlier this year, an anonymous general manager ripped him as belonging on the "all-hype team" to Pro Football Weekly.

On Sunday, Colts offensive lineman Mike McGlynn accused Suh of taunting Winston Justice after he blocked Justice during an interception return and gave the lineman a concussion.

Suh said Wednesday he was celebrating the interception and insisted “I’m the type of player that would never celebrate anybody being hurt.” Replays showed Suh delivered a clean block on Justice and did not capture the celebration.

Still, the unnamed Lion who spoke to Yahoo blamed Suh’s behavior for some of what has ailed the team during its disappointing 4-8 season.

“When stars act like that, everybody else thinks it's OK to act like that," the player said. "It's like with kids. You let one get a little out of control, the other one does the same thing pretty quick. It's human nature.”


Even a teammate is calling him out now. I wish the player who said this wouldn't hide and would man up.

What do you guys think about this? Any guesses who would say something like this? My first guess would be Dom.


Don't think it was Dom either, it wouldn't be anonymous. Chris Houston said almost the same thing about guys letting up at the end, thinking they thought the game was already over. He didn't mention Suh by name though. So maybe him? I hope not though b/c I like the guy lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lionsfanforever


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4629
Location: Flint, MI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Sounds like something Titus Young would say. Whoever it is, they are an idiot. Suh hasn't lost his cool at any point this year and cost us. His one penalty for five yards isn't why we're missing the playoffs.


Titus would be my guess as well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19330
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is annoying to be honest. The player who said something like this is worse for our team than a DT who gets out of his lane a couple times a game. Suh gets enough bs heat from outside sources and whoever said this is only adding to it. The whole team doesn't know how to win. The offense can't kill the clock, the defense can't stop anyone. Is not just Suh or any one player. This guy is pathetic.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
flipperscs20921


Joined: 30 Oct 2007
Posts: 781
Location: Saint Clair Shores
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Sounds like something Titus Young would say. Whoever it is, they are an idiot. Suh hasn't lost his cool at any point this year and cost us. His one penalty for five yards isn't why we're missing the playoffs.


Titus would be my guess as well.


My assumption is that, it is a disgruntled veteran. I don't see one positive for this statement, not a single one.

Please see below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_p9OeK-hXk&feature=player_detailpage#t=153s

On that final play, you could say that Suh was the only one trying to stop Luck.

Now Suh might have been to far to the right right side but it is just as much on the end as it is on Suh.

The statement doesn't sound like Titus...from the statement made

Quote:
"Yeah, we're loaded," the player said, exhaling after Detroit (4-Cool lost its fourth consecutive game and third by four points or less. "But we have a couple of guys who don't understand what it takes to win. Just making a couple of plays and thinking that makes you great ... sometimes you want to just shake some of these guys and say, 'Don't you get it?'"


that sounds like a veteran IMO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
EhJae


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: CB, Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Anonymous Lion calls out Suh Reply with quote

Quote:
“When stars act like that, everybody else thinks it's OK to act like that," the player said. "It's like with kids. You let one get a little out of control, the other one does the same thing pretty quick. It's human nature.”

IMO, this "player" sounds like a veteran who doesn't get much playing time.
_________________
2013 & 2014 AAL:
#71 Riley Reiff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionFanRoxy


Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Posts: 1034
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

38andy38 wrote:
Doesn't come across as brusque as Dom normally does. IMO if Raiola had something to say about Suh or anyone else it wouldn't be anonymous.

My best guess would be someone who lines up with Suh on the D line or right behind him. KVB or Tulloch maybe, sounds to me like a guy that has been on multiple teams.


And has more than a few years experience.

I'm SO sick of all this 'anonymous' player crap. It's an easy way out for a reporter to make up crap.

That said...

1. Schwartz & Mayhew better get control of his ship, NOW. This will only divide the team. Absolutely HATE the Jets, but that looks like the road we're going down.

2. Lions players (and any others), be a MAN and stand behind your words with your NAME. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a coward.

3. Clearly sending Titus away hasn't deterred the selfish behavior. There's no doubt in my mind Lions players know who said this. The big mouth needs to get dealt with. And the coaching staff needs to start clearing house. Immediately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EhJae


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 1149
Location: CB, Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flipperscs20921 wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Sounds like something Titus Young would say. Whoever it is, they are an idiot. Suh hasn't lost his cool at any point this year and cost us. His one penalty for five yards isn't why we're missing the playoffs.


Titus would be my guess as well.


My assumption is that, it is a disgruntled veteran. I don't see one positive for this statement, not a single one.

Please see below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_p9OeK-hXk&feature=player_detailpage#t=153s

On that final play, you could say that Suh was the only one trying to stop Luck.

Now Suh might have been to far to the right right side but it is just as much on the end as it is on Suh.

The statement doesn't sound like Titus...from the statement made

Quote:
"Yeah, we're loaded," the player said, exhaling after Detroit (4-Cool lost its fourth consecutive game and third by four points or less. "But we have a couple of guys who don't understand what it takes to win. Just making a couple of plays and thinking that makes you great ... sometimes you want to just shake some of these guys and say, 'Don't you get it?'"


that sounds like a veteran IMO.
Ah, I didn't see your post. I agree with you.
_________________
2013 & 2014 AAL:
#71 Riley Reiff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 26070
Location: #JDI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoila is going to kill someone
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew



R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackandBlue


Joined: 01 Jan 2011
Posts: 2108
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I would like to know who the player was as well, but unless it's Calvin or Stafford there isn't really anyone on the roster that could put a name behind those statements and not be strongly criticized.

Dom has a big mouth and he talks a lot, but he also puts his name and face behind what he says. It could be him, but I don't see him remaining anonymous. He really doesn't care about the impact his words have on the team.

In regards to Suh... the team is reaching an interesting point with him. They're going to have to make a tough decision whether to resign him long term (as well as Stafford) or to let him walk/trade him. It's getting to the point now where his attitude and lack of high impact plays doesn't warrant the type of contract that he has and that he's likely expecting. The big three (Stafford, Suh, and Calvin) are going to cripple the Lions cap going forward, and I think Suh is going to be the odd man out if his attitude, behavior, and lack of production in comparison to his rookie season don't improve. He's becoming bigger than the team on many levels and it's unfortunate. But, only time will tell how they handle the situation, but to this point it's been pretty disappointing.


Care to elaborate?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group