Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Norv Turner
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Pack4life7


Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 3218
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Norv Turner Reply with quote

Your Offensive Coordinator next year? I don't think there's anyway Tice is given the slip after just one year, but I think this would be a truely great move for Chicago.

Thoughts?
_________________
Ted brought us Clay

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo


Same Old Jay
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
chisoxguy7


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 2695
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a post to discuss Non-Roster Off Season moves, you can find it here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506738
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
topwop1


Joined: 08 Jan 2008
Posts: 5078
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my comment in the other thread listed above. I don't think it would be as good as a fit as some people seem to think, and it has nothing to do with the fact that his brother was Jay's coordinator here a few years ago.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ak06max


Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Posts: 1241
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if any moves are made Bates would get the spot. Already has a relationship built with Cut and Marshall. Wouldn't want Norv
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10715
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have fired his brother twice. We'd be more likely to get Brian Piccolo to be our OC and he's dead.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OhCripes


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 75
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
We have fired his brother twice. We'd be more likely to get Brian Piccolo to be our OC and he's dead.


To be fair, he's terrible and should be ashamed of himself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22441
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OhCripes wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
We have fired his brother twice. We'd be more likely to get Brian Piccolo to be our OC and he's dead.


To be fair, he's terrible and should be ashamed of himself.


Laughing
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2014…Lance Briggs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
We have fired his brother twice. We'd be more likely to get Brian Piccolo to be our OC and he's dead.

Yeah, what's up with Chicagoans loving on Norv Turner after his brother was labeled "the devil" as recently as three years ago?

Also, doesn't Turner run a Coryell system that's pretty similar to what Martz did, only with a little more running?
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9640
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaches in the league know Lovie is a clown who does not care about the offence.

When we hired Martz we tried to hire 3-4 guys who refused the job and we had to take Martz.

When we hired Tice we didn't even bother to ask anyone because we would get rejected.

Tice should be fired, but I do not know if anyone would take the job.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum has no room to complain about promoting Tice to OC. If it wasn't 100% of the people here who liked that move, it was pretty close. In fact, wasn't there a thread here claiming that Marshall/Jeffery would out-produce Moss/Carter? Laughing
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18861
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Coaches in the league know Lovie is a clown who does not care about the offence.

When we hired Martz we tried to hire 3-4 guys who refused the job and we had to take Martz.

When we hired Tice we didn't even bother to ask anyone because we would get rejected.

Tice should be fired, but I do not know if anyone would take the job.
No, we wouldn't have been rejected like we were in the Martz situation. We went w/ Tice to try and keep some continuity w/ the offense (which btw everyone here applauded that move)
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
(which btw everyone here applauded that move)

Watch nobody admit to that now. Just like how nobody will admit to insisting that Kellen Davis was going to have a breakout year.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7858
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Coaches in the league know Lovie is a clown who does not care about the offence.

When we hired Martz we tried to hire 3-4 guys who refused the job and we had to take Martz.

When we hired Tice we didn't even bother to ask anyone because we would get rejected.

Tice should be fired, but I do not know if anyone would take the job.
No, we wouldn't have been rejected like we were in the Martz situation. We went w/ Tice to try and keep some continuity w/ the offense (which btw everyone here applauded that move)
We would have been rejected by anyone with a good resume. Perhaps not by a new guy or an inexperienced one. Everyone could see Smith was a lame duck so they weren't going to tie their star to that wagon unless looking to succeed him. Tice was hired for the reason you say however. Many of us wondered about the role a "passing coordinator" would have, too.

Blaming the coordinators is like Reid firing guys cause his team sucks to get the heat off himself. Though it won't work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7858
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
(which btw everyone here applauded that move)

Watch nobody admit to that now. Just like how nobody will admit to insisting that Kellen Davis was going to have a breakout year.
I certainly have not denied supporting both moves. Tice is doing about as well as I expected and Kellen is flopping as much as Bennett. As much as Carimi and Campbell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WindyCity


Joined: 26 Jun 2009
Posts: 9640
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
This forum has no room to complain about promoting Tice to OC. If it wasn't 100% of the people here who liked that move, it was pretty close. In fact, wasn't there a thread here claiming that Marshall/Jeffery would out-produce Moss/Carter? Laughing


I liked the move.

Then he failed miserably and has actually gotten worse.

Now I want him gone.
_________________
Adopt a Bear: DT Will Sutton [T, S, TFL, FF]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group