Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Norv Turner
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Norv Turner Reply with quote

Your Offensive Coordinator next year? I don't think there's anyway Tice is given the slip after just one year, but I think this would be a truely great move for Chicago.

Thoughts?

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We already have a post to discuss Non-Roster Off Season moves, you can find it here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506738
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my comment in the other thread listed above. I don't think it would be as good as a fit as some people seem to think, and it has nothing to do with the fact that his brother was Jay's coordinator here a few years ago.
ak06max

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if any moves are made Bates would get the spot. Already has a relationship built with Cut and Marshall. Wouldn't want Norv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have fired his brother twice. We'd be more likely to get Brian Piccolo to be our OC and he's dead.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
OhCripes

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
We have fired his brother twice. We'd be more likely to get Brian Piccolo to be our OC and he's dead.

To be fair, he's terrible and should be ashamed of himself.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OhCripes wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To be fair, he's terrible and should be ashamed of himself.

Laughing
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Yeah, what's up with Chicagoans loving on Norv Turner after his brother was labeled "the devil" as recently as three years ago?

Also, doesn't Turner run a Coryell system that's pretty similar to what Martz did, only with a little more running?
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coaches in the league know Lovie is a clown who does not care about the offence.

When we hired Martz we tried to hire 3-4 guys who refused the job and we had to take Martz.

When we hired Tice we didn't even bother to ask anyone because we would get rejected.

Tice should be fired, but I do not know if anyone would take the job.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum has no room to complain about promoting Tice to OC. If it wasn't 100% of the people here who liked that move, it was pretty close. In fact, wasn't there a thread here claiming that Marshall/Jeffery would out-produce Moss/Carter? Laughing
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Coaches in the league know Lovie is a clown who does not care about the offence.

When we hired Martz we tried to hire 3-4 guys who refused the job and we had to take Martz.

When we hired Tice we didn't even bother to ask anyone because we would get rejected.

No, we wouldn't have been rejected like we were in the Martz situation. We went w/ Tice to try and keep some continuity w/ the offense (which btw everyone here applauded that move)

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
(which btw everyone here applauded that move)

Watch nobody admit to that now. Just like how nobody will admit to insisting that Kellen Davis was going to have a breakout year.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

No, we wouldn't have been rejected like we were in the Martz situation. We went w/ Tice to try and keep some continuity w/ the offense (which btw everyone here applauded that move)
We would have been rejected by anyone with a good resume. Perhaps not by a new guy or an inexperienced one. Everyone could see Smith was a lame duck so they weren't going to tie their star to that wagon unless looking to succeed him. Tice was hired for the reason you say however. Many of us wondered about the role a "passing coordinator" would have, too.

Blaming the coordinators is like Reid firing guys cause his team sucks to get the heat off himself. Though it won't work.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
(which btw everyone here applauded that move)

Watch nobody admit to that now. Just like how nobody will admit to insisting that Kellen Davis was going to have a breakout year.
I certainly have not denied supporting both moves. Tice is doing about as well as I expected and Kellen is flopping as much as Bennett. As much as Carimi and Campbell.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
This forum has no room to complain about promoting Tice to OC. If it wasn't 100% of the people here who liked that move, it was pretty close. In fact, wasn't there a thread here claiming that Marshall/Jeffery would out-produce Moss/Carter? Laughing

I liked the move.

Then he failed miserably and has actually gotten worse.

Now I want him gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: