Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49303
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
The Broncos have been fattening up on a creampuff schedule.
The Bengals and Saints aren't exactly easy outs, either.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pats#1


Joined: 19 Aug 2011
Posts: 5697
Location: Plymouth, MA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
The Broncos have been fattening up on a creampuff schedule. The three quality opponents they faced, they got housed by. The only quality win on their schedule is Tampa Bay. And if we end up with a Brady-Manning shootout, I'm taking Brady, because his running game and tight ends will gash the Denver defense worse than Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker will gash the Patriots' secondary.


This...x1000000

I'm so sick of hearing everyone slobber all over the Broncos. I will laugh hysterically if they don't make it farther in the playoffs than they did last season with Tebow.

Has Peyton made the team better....yup.

Were they a playoff team before he got there....yup.

People are acting like the Broncos were as bad as the Colts last season...I personally think what Andrew Luck is doing is much more impressive than Peyton.
_________________


Sig credit: Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12624
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
The Broncos have been fattening up on a creampuff schedule.
The Bengals and Saints aren't exactly easy outs, either.

Meh. Neither is what I'd call a true quality opponent. Better than the dregs of the league, but a division winner should beat either in out of division play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49303
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
The Broncos have been fattening up on a creampuff schedule.
The Bengals and Saints aren't exactly easy outs, either.

Meh. Neither is what I'd call a true quality opponent. Better than the dregs of the league, but a division winner should beat either in out of division play.
The Pats are currently 2-2 against teams with winning records. Not exactly sterling.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12624
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
The Broncos have been fattening up on a creampuff schedule.
The Bengals and Saints aren't exactly easy outs, either.

Meh. Neither is what I'd call a true quality opponent. Better than the dregs of the league, but a division winner should beat either in out of division play.
The Pats are currently 2-2 against teams with winning records. Not exactly sterling.

2-2*, but it's still better than 2-3, with the two wins coming against 7-5 squads. The Broncos can be commended for taking care of business like they should, but I'd like to see one good showing against a quality, playoff threat-caliber opponent before I start entertaining thoughts that they're better than the Pats. Houston, Pats, Broncos, AFC North pu-pu platter, in that order... for now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sciz


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 15860
Location: Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton in the red zone last night:
2/6, 7 yards, 1 TD, 2 sacks
0/3 on 3rd down

It doesn't really matter against the Raiders, but that's the kind of play that's going to get the Broncos blown out against good teams.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 25267
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a good slate of games today. Need the Redskins to beat Baltimore and San Diego to upset the Steelers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to hope Broncos lose against the Bengals and Ravens lose two of their remaining games and we go 3-1. I think that's our best realistic chance at a seed. And if we beat Houston + they lose one more we get the 1 seed. I think that's fairly reasonable. In a perfect world of course we win out and they all lose out but fat chance of that happening.

Sciz wrote:
Peyton in the red zone last night:
2/6, 7 yards, 1 TD, 2 sacks
0/3 on 3rd down

It doesn't really matter against the Raiders, but that's the kind of play that's going to get the Broncos blown out against good teams.


It's even worse than the number say too. He was clearly forcing the issue and could have easily had them run the ball in. 1st and goal at the 2 yard line and you run 3 straight plays out of the shotgun? Seriously? That's laughably stupid.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49303
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 Alfred Morris <3
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
<3 Alfred Morris <3


Yep.

Not sold on him being legit given the coach he's playing for, but if he runs for 500 today, I'll be happy.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49303
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Touchdown Josh Morgan.

This is going to be fun.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 25267
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
<3 Alfred Morris <3


Yep.

Not sold on him being legit given the coach he's playing for, but if he runs for 500 today, I'll be happy.


His downside is probably a Green-Ellis type. Steady but replaceable starter.

I think he's probably better than that but, as you said, it's tough to know with Shanahan RB's.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 25267
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow nice catch Greg Olsen
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49303
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
<3 Alfred Morris <3


Yep.

Not sold on him being legit given the coach he's playing for, but if he runs for 500 today, I'll be happy.


His downside is probably a Green-Ellis type. Steady but replaceable starter.

I think he's probably better than that but, as you said, it's tough to know with Shanahan RB's.
Strikes me as both faster and tougher than BJGE ever was, but it's pretty clear the the Shanahan offense and having RG3 in the same backfield helps.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 25267
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet catch by Jared Cook to take a lead on the Colts. Sergio Brown the closest defender
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group