Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 Other Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TGShabba

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning.

STAHP.
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Manning, you would have gotten it had you just handed it off three times.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 14 Other Games Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Broncos will crush Oakland.

I took them -9.5, but I don't think a crushing is in the works. Despite all the Manning hype, their offense is very streaky and not reliable. That said, Oakland's offense stinks too, so they shouldn't manage to put much up, which is why I also took the under...
Sciz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
You know Manning, you would have gotten it had you just handed it off three times.
Yep, good things happen when Manning isn't a stat hog.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:

We call that "McDanielsing"
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning was never as bad as everyone claimed initally - I remember Tzismisce remarking how it was "sad" to watch Manning throw, etc. That was always bs. But now things on the other end of spectrum. Manning is playing well, but not close to Bradys level.

If Tom Brady had Demaryius Thomas...
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm turning the game off. What a waste of time.

Broncos will win.
Raiders are laughably bad.
Broncos are overrated.

I hope we host the Broncos this winter. We will blow them out if we're healthy, just like we did a few weeks ago.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
Manning was never as bad as everyone claimed initally - I remember Tzismisce remarking how it was "sad" to watch Manning throw, etc. That was always bs. But now things on the other end of spectrum. Manning is playing well, but not close to Bradys level.

If Tom Brady had Demaryius Thomas...
When did I say that? Confused

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:

Broncos will win.
Broncos are overrated.

I hope we host the Broncos this winter. We will blow them out if we're healthy, just like we did a few weeks ago.

I don't know that they're that overrated. They're IMO the 2nd best team in the AFC behind Houston and probably the most dangerous if - and admittedly it's a big if - they can find a consistent running game without McGahee (or with a not 100% McGahee in the playoffs).
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Broncos will win.
Broncos are overrated.

I don't know that they're that overrated. They're IMO the 2nd best team in the AFC behind Houston and probably the most dangerous if - and admittedly it's a big if - they can find a consistent running game without McGahee (or with a not 100% McGahee in the playoffs).

They are not better than the Patriots.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Broncos will win.
Broncos are overrated.

Their defense sure is.

Broncos - 79.1 passer rating allowed
Patriots - 91.2 passer rating allowed

You tell me who is more likely to win in a Manning/Brady shootout.

I know people like to convince themselves that this year will be the year that the amazing Patriots regular season offense shows up in the playoffs but it's been very rare to see that in January/February.

Defense matters and the Pats' secondary is still a dumpster fire and their pass rush is inconsistent.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Broncos will win.
Broncos are overrated.

Their defense sure is.

I know people like to convince themselves that this year will be the year that the amazing Patriots regular season offense shows up in the playoffs but it's been very rare to see that in January/February.

Defense matters and the Pats' secondary is still a dumpster fire and their pass rush is inconsistent.

In case you missed it, the Patriots blew out the Broncos earlier this season. Our defense has gotten better since then. Their offense has gotten worse since then.

Brees that night:
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:

Broncos will win.
Broncos are overrated.

Their defense sure is.

In case you missed it, the Patriots blew out the Broncos earlier this season. Our defense has gotten better since then. Their offense has gotten worse since then.

Beating a team by 10 points isn't a blow out. Especially when that team had a chance to cut it to a 1 score lead with a few minutes to go and were a McGahee dropped 4th pass from making it very close.

As for "the defense has gotten better"

Before Denver: 23 PPG, 366 YPG
Since Denver: 21 PPG, 386 YPG

Denver's offense has gotten worse?

Before New England: 28 PPG, 388 YPG
After New England: 30 PPG, 385 YPG

Don't really see much difference from either team. The Broncos have scored 30+ points in 6 of their 7 games since New England (excluding tonight). I'm not sure how you can make the claim that their offense has gotten worse.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

Beating a team by 10 points isn't a blow out. Especially when that team had a chance to cut it to a 1 score lead with a few minutes to go and were a McGahee dropped 4th pass from making it very close.

As for "the defense has gotten better"

Before Denver: 23 PPG, 366 YPG
Since Denver: 21 PPG, 386 YPG

Denver's offense has gotten worse?

Before New England: 28 PPG, 388 YPG
After New England: 30 PPG, 385 YPG

Don't really see much difference from either team. The Broncos have scored 30+ points in 6 of their 7 games since New England (excluding tonight). I'm not sure how you can make the claim that their offense has gotten worse.

It was a blowout. They put up some yards in the fourth quarter when we went into prevent mode. We held a two score lead. Even if they had converted and scored ( a big if on the scoring part), we still get the ball back and we had moved the ball on them all day without issue.

Our secondary clearly has been playing better in coverage. Yes, we've been playing worse offenses, but the coverage has also been better. We've seen real life coverage sacks.

On the flip side, Broncos have been playing significantly worse opponents lately. They haven't gotten better offensively, they've gotten worse, especially with McGahee out. They're one dimensional against any half decent defense and prone to give the ball away with Peyton at the helm.

Brees that night:
Richter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Broncos have been fattening up on a creampuff schedule. The three quality opponents they faced, they got housed by. The only quality win on their schedule is Tampa Bay. And if we end up with a Brady-Manning shootout, I'm taking Brady, because his running game and tight ends will gash the Denver defense worse than Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker will gash the Patriots' secondary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: