Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1st round linebackers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
People were in love with Aaron Curry's measurables.

Teo not only has good #'s but you can tell the guy was made to play the game.

That is the difference
Weren't people saying the same about Kuechly, who imo, would not improve our defense in the slightest. There's a top 10 LB who's impact has so far been minimal at best.

Te'o would need to have a HUGE impact at the LB position to justify drafting him.

None of this even touches on the fact we already have an above average MLB.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
nugpimpen wrote:
People were in love with Aaron Curry's measurables.

Teo not only has good #'s but you can tell the guy was made to play the game.

That is the difference
Weren't people saying the same about Kuechly, who imo, would not improve our defense in the slightest. There's a top 10 LB who's impact has so far been minimal at best.

Te'o would need to have a HUGE impact at the LB position to justify drafting him.

None of this even touches on the fact we already have an above average LB plaaying MLB.
FIFY

DQ can play other LB positions unless you want to retract that above average ranking.

Oh as far as impact and Kuechly. Carolina's D was ranked 28th last year and is ranked 14th this year. Wink

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

Oh as far as impact and Kuechly. Carolina's D was ranked 28th last year and is ranked 14th this year. Wink

How do you explain our defensive improvement?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
bulldog wrote:
I want the best player. Period.

I don't care if its a LB, DE, CB, S, TE, what ever.

Having said that, I think Teo is the most complete player in this draft. I think he compares to T-Rich of last year, but on defense. He's a man among boys.

Not trying to pick you out specifically, but that sounds eerily similar to what everyone was saying before the 2009 draft if you just took the name Teo out and put Curry in.

Much like the 2009 draft, I am not excited about any of the top picks. Unlike the 2009 draft, I'm not going to get all excited about a LB. I was also kind of hoping to take Orakpo that year or trade down. Right now I'm thinking the same thing, get a pass rusher or trade down if possible.

I just don't think Teo is the safe pick and I don't think he's got the best ceiling. I'd rather we went a different direction. Obviously, I just want us to get the best player possible at a position where that player can have an impact.

I was one of the people on the Curry bandwagon. I'll admit that.

This is more of a general statement, not directed at you, but I hate the comparison reasoning that people come up with. Comparing two players, I think, is the worst thing you can do when drafted/scouting.

Every player is different. Its the mental makeup that we don't have access too that separates players from one another. Much more than their physical ability. Yet, we as fans, almost solely judge players based on physical measurements. Mostly b/c thats all we have access to, but many just ignore the fact that a mental side exists. And also, I think, has so much more to do with how a players career turns out.

Every position has a history of having busts in the draft. I think its pointless to judge a player based on that.

I think Teo is a stud. From what I can tell, he's a guy that has more of a mental toughness t him than physical ability. While he's gifted physically, he's not Patrick Willis or Von Miller. He's not gonna blow us away in the 40. But the guy can flat out play football. He's also gone through some dramatic things this year, going through the death of his girlfriend and Grandma I think. He's got the mental toughness. He's proven that he can face adversity, and push through it, and succeed.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep saying this about Teo, he can be a stud SLB for us as well. Then move to MLB when DQ is gone.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

orus is easy depth on the D line to support the subpar LB core.

there's is just the opposite they needed help a LB badly hence the LB investment

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

there's is just the opposite they needed help a LB badly hence the LB investment

Look, i'm not saying we shouldn't take Teo, I'm just saying we shouldn't take him over a lock down corner (which I don't see thus far in this draft), an elite pass rusher/pass rushing 4-3 LB or a roaming free safety.

The fact that I would be ok taking a non-pass rushing LB'er in the top 10 shows the unfortunately weak status of this draft.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Look, i'm not saying we shouldn't take Teo, I'm just saying we shouldn't take him over a lock down corner (which I don't see thus far in this draft), an elite pass rusher/pass rushing 4-3 LB or a roaming free safety.

The fact that I would be ok taking a non-pass rushing LB'er in the top 10 shows the unfortunately weak status of this draft.
BPA on D IMO is a real good idea in this draft out side of DT's*.

*Unless we move back to the 34. The that is a whole other conversation.

JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

We need BPA. Would love a passrusher, LB, CB or FS.

I was a big Curry fan as well. Not for his measurables, but I watched a few WF games and loved what I saw. With that said, just because he didn't pan out doesn't mean you should avoid taking a LB.

Question for the board - can Te'o play SLB? Everyone presumes that Jackson would move to WLB if we draft Te'o, but similar to what Cincy did with Maulagua, I think we may use him as a SLB to as a rookie. Thoughts?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCBrowns21 wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

We need BPA. Would love a passrusher, LB, CB or FS.

I was a big Curry fan as well. Not for his measurables, but I watched a few WF games and loved what I saw. With that said, just because he didn't pan out doesn't mean you should avoid taking a LB.

Question for the board - can Te'o play SLB? Everyone presumes that Jackson would move to WLB if we draft Te'o, but similar to what Cincy did with Maulagua, I think we may use him as a SLB to as a rookie. Thoughts?

Te'o could easily play Sam IMO.

However the real question comes with is Gocong's best fit a Will? And is DQ's best fit at Mike? Much depends on scheme of course, but if you look at the more classic characteristics of each position and the abilities of each player I think the best fit is DQ at will, Gocong at Sam, and Te'o at mike.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Te'o could easily play Sam IMO.

However the real question comes with is Gocong's best fit a Will? And is DQ's best fit at Mike? Much depends on scheme of course, but if you look at the more classic characteristics of each position and the abilities of each player I think the best fit is DQ at will, Gocong at Sam, and Te'o at mike.

+1 nailed it.

Kiwibrown

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my mind a LB is like a FB or TE on offense, I don't want one, unless thy are a real beast, or a very unique player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: