Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Rich Bartel said Arizona offense is not complicated
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
22/27 174 1/0 TD/INT - QBR well over 100.00

I don't care if he checks down considering his competition. He played better but Whiz held a grudge and went against his "gives us the best chance to win" fallacy. Give me the conservative QB 10/10 times.

Career completion percentage, 57.5%. That's the guy you called "accurate"...multiple times.

If you want the conservative QB you're entitled to hold that opinion but saying he changes our 2010 season outlook is, as previously stated, silly. Didn't matter Leinart or DA. I think deep down you know it too.

Bolded: You're right he's not accurate, just more accurate then DA...

Underline: How bout the Bucs and Rams games that year. The Arizona QB's were horrible and they were close losses both at home. If you don't think 2-3 games wouldn't have made an impact that year (ultimately finishing 2 games back of 1st place) then that's your prerogative.

1. So, Leinart's crap stinks less...is that what you're going with?

2. Assuming the 2 INTs by Max Hall cost us the Bucs game would also be assuming that Matt Leinart could have lead us on 4 TD scoring drives. Do you have any tangible evidence that he was capable of this or are we just kinda hoping?

3. Go ahead, give us 1-2 more wins. We still miss the playoffs only now we no longer get Patrick Peterson which means we no longer go 8-8 in 2011 and well, this is shot.

1. Yes, by sucking less Leinart would give us the best chance to win. Thanks for proving my original point.

2. DA still threw 2 picks that game and Hall was another horrible decision by Whiz thinking he's more valuable than Leinart.

3. So 8-8 is okay last year but not two years ago? I guess you don't play to win the game. However, we lucked out and got PP... Maybe we take Aldon Smith or JJ Watt if we had won another game so that argument works both ways.

1. Haha. Sorry, that's funny to me.

2. 1 pick off a tipped ball but I'm sure you knew that. He also gave us the lead with 8 minutes left. Sure you knew that too. I'm sure you know our defense gave up 120 yards on the ground to a not-so-decent RB, including the game winner to cap a 7 play, 74 yard drive. I'm sure you know all of that and still assume that DA's at fault.

3. 1-2 wins doesn't get us to 8-8 2 years ago, it gets us to 6-10/7-9. So...As for Watt, taking him means no Calais Campbell. I'm sure you wouldn't have railed the front office for getting rid of him though right?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyp wrote:
How could anyone not have wanted DA on the team? He provided us with great moments, such as the following

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khi7YoqZIWM

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^

Lol almost forgot about that. Oh and the girls are underage as well.

Leinart was handed the starting job on a silver platter in 2010 and he responded by being terrified of throwing the ball to Breaston and Fitzgerald. Even in 2009, he had Boldin as well and just would not throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.He didn't have pressure from DA for the starting job until the preseason was nearly over and that was because Leinart just buckled under pressure.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dez's argument is that Leinart was a higher graded player than DA and him losing the job was ridiculous. My argument is I don't care, they're both still Fs. He's sticking to his, which is more than fine but I'm also sticking to mine. I'm not going to chastize Ken Whisenhunt for picking 1 F over another F. And I say this as the man that started the "Should Ken come back" thread.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
^^^^^^^^

Leinart was handed the starting job on a silver platter in 2010 and he responded by being terrified of throwing the ball to Breaston and Fitzgerald. Even in 2009, he had Boldin as well and just would not throw the ball past the line of scrimmage.He didn't have pressure from DA for the starting job until the preseason was nearly over and that was because Leinart just buckled under pressure.

Matt made the mistake of saying he outplayed his competition to the media. That really pissed Whiz off. It was the wrong decision for multiple reasons. 1) You don't say things about a teammate publicly. 2) The comments were unnecessary because everyone and their mother saw that he outplayed him anyway 3) Matt was already on thin ice with Whiz because he didn't go about his business in a professional manner and Kurt had out performed Matt the previous year. It's not all on Whiz because Matt was immature and always felt entitled. Later on Matt himself said he should've handled the situation differently.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
^^^^^^^^

Matt made the mistake of saying he outplayed his competition to the media. That really pissed Whiz off. It was the wrong decision for multiple reasons. 1) You don't say things about a teammate publicly. 2) The comments were unnecessary because everyone and their mother saw that he outplayed him anyway 3) Matt was already on thin ice with Whiz because he didn't go about his business in a professional manner and Kurt had out performed Matt the previous year. It's not all on Whiz because Matt was immature and always felt entitled. Later on Matt himself said he should've handled the situation differently.

Not totally relevant but that shows one difference between Barkley and the other successful USC QBs (Leinart, Palmer, Sanchez). You're not likely going to get any negative drama out of him lol
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Dez's argument is that Leinart was a higher graded player than DA and him losing the job was ridiculous. My argument is I don't care, they're both still Fs. He's sticking to his, which is more than fine but I'm also sticking to mine. I'm not going to chastize Ken Whisenhunt for picking 1 F over another F. And I say this as the man that started the "Should Ken come back" thread.

In the long run yes, it means absolutely nothing. Tbh if we had somehow won the division and got blown out in the 1st round I would have probably still preferred PP... Pretty much everyone viewed a 7-9 team making the Playoffs is a travesty.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
younggun1273 wrote:
^^^^^^^^

Not totally relevant but that shows one difference between Barkley and the other successful USC QBs (Leinart, Palmer, Sanchez). You're not likely going to get any negative drama out of him lol

For some reason SC guys have always been a little arrogant and entitled. Speaking of, how bout a 2nd for Palmer? He's having a good year with a crappy OL and receivers who can't catch. Go T/G in the 1st/3rd and go from there...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take Palmer for a 2nd. He is a solid QB and has been playing fairly well. His defense is bad so he has been tasked with trying to carry the team on his shoulders all year, which is difficult. With our defense, his job would be much easier. I guess my only concern with trading for an aging QB who will be 33 next year is how much production can we expect to get out of that? 3 years, 4 years? But I do like Palmer.

Justo on the sig
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th round pick. Tops. His "solid" play has been vastly overrated as he's missing WRs far more often then people claim and as stated by younggun, he'll be 33 this month. Our 2nd round pick, if things continue, will be basically an extension of the 1st round. I wouldn't give anything even remotely closer to that for Carson Palmer. 4th round. Tops.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
4th round pick. Tops. His "solid" play has been vastly overrated as he's missing WRs far more often then people claim and as stated by younggun, he'll be 33 this month. Our 2nd round pick, if things continue, will be basically an extension of the 1st round. I wouldn't give anything even remotely closer to that for Carson Palmer. 4th round. Tops.

I was thinking 4th as well. He's got a pretty hefty contract if I remember correctly and he's not lighting the world on fire either.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one thing to go after a player, especially a QB, whose current team is trying to keep, but another thing altogether to chase someone else's cast offs. Now if the plan is to use that player as a backup, I'd be fine with that depending on cost. Exception to this would be if the QB was brought in to play up to 1 season until a rookie could take over. Then someone like Hasselbeck, Palmer, Moore, or Orton would make sense to me...maybe even Campbell as a very last resort. (This assumes that Kolb isn't kept due to too frequent injuries or an inability to restructure his contract.) As a source of a long-term starter though, I have no interest in the likes of Palmer, Vick, etc.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Leinart was more accurate and had experience in the system. He wasn't taking us to the SB but he would've given us the best chance to win. Whiz' handling of the whole situation was rubbish.

Accuracy doesn't matter much when your YPA is in the 4s.

Yeah solid point. Then again Derek Anderson threw more complete passes to the fans in the stands then he did the WR's.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is tiring. Anyone who knows anything knows Leinart gave the team the best chance to win even if it wasn't Whiz's way which he was too stubborn to realize. Fit the offense around what you have not try and change players. A decent coach knows this and Whiz doesn't.Anyhow why didn't the great Whiz make a stand 2 years before if he didn't like Leinart? No he dangles Leinart as the replacement in front of our face then doesn't give him a chance after making the stand that Leinart would be the starter. I don't give a !@#$ about your stats . Whiz made his stand and then in the pre season game 3 or 4 he changed his mind and we were left with nothing. Whiz probably should be fired for this.
younggun1273

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just saw that Carson Palmer is due $13 million next year, and the Raiders may just decide that he is not worth it and/or Palmer may not be open to a paycut. There is a possible chance that he is outright released.

Justo on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: