Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8578
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://


What...?

I don't know why anyone thought throwing Pees overboard on the hope and prayer that Horton would come here was a realistic option. Horton and Whiz go way back; they worked together in Pittsburgh and he eventually became Whisenhunt's DC in Arizona. Whisenhunt had his pick of of multiple teams to join, he was always going to get a HC job, and Horton was always going to join back up with him when that happened before he considered other teams.

I'm just happy he's out of the AFC North.


Yea, having unlikely scenarios dreamed up then getting super-disappointed when they don't come to pass is a way to lose your sanity on these sorts of things pretty quickly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12976
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://

Laughing Laughing Laughing
I love Stepbrothers... That scene is too funny.

But yeah, you shouldn't have gotten your hopes up with Horton. If we were going to fire Pees, we probably would've done it at the State of the Ravens address. He'll get at least another year... Unless he's caught in some sort of illegal activities this offseason.

Speaking of getting hopes up. Sad Sad (jk)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6644
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 of our draft picks last year came from the senior bowl. Should definitely be a better event for football next weekend than the Pro Bowl.

Though watching this is likely going to rekindle my resentment of the fact that the draft isn't for another 4 months.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7258
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize the draft was only pushed back two weeks right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12976
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
You do realize the draft was only pushed back two weeks right?

Yes, but it was pushed back from my birthday weekend to some random day in May!!!

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6644
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
You do realize the draft was only pushed back two weeks right?


Yea, but it's was already way too big a gap for my liking. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7258
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
You do realize the draft was only pushed back two weeks right?

Yes, but it was pushed back from my birthday weekend to some random day in May!!!


You know that doesn't really sound like a bad thing. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5119
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
You do realize the draft was only pushed back two weeks right?

Yes, but it was pushed back from my birthday weekend to some random day in May!!!


You know that doesn't really sound like a bad thing. Laughing

Pfft, who needs a birthday party when you can have a draft party instead? Laughing
_________________

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12976
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
You do realize the draft was only pushed back two weeks right?

Yes, but it was pushed back from my birthday weekend to some random day in May!!!
Code:
[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2101467/you-son-of-a-[inappropriate/removed]-o.gif[/img]


You know that doesn't really sound like a bad thing. Laughing

Pfft, who needs a birthday party when you can have a draft party instead? Laughing

You guys don't understand my plight! The draft was my PERSONAL gift from the NFL... and now they've taken it away from me!

... and for someone who prefers celebrating their birthday with peace and quiet... and not instead being forced into doing grand celebrations that those devils of society called friends and family would have me parade in...

My main excuse is now gone!! They'll force me into terrible things! It'll be havoc... chaos... I'm at their mercy! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BareYourTeeth


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 1013
Location: I'm a machine Jerk!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://


What...?

I don't know why anyone thought throwing Pees overboard on the hope and prayer that Horton would come here was a realistic option. Horton and Whiz go way back; they worked together in Pittsburgh and he eventually became Whisenhunt's DC in Arizona. Whisenhunt had his pick of of multiple teams to join, he was always going to get a HC job, and Horton was always going to join back up with him when that happened before he considered other teams.


I'm just happy he's out of the AFC North.


I wanted, and still want, to let go of Pees regardless of Horton. There's a bunch of coaches out there we could after and be an upgrade over Pees. Seattle's Ken Norton Jr. and Kris Richard would be two great choices. As would, Jim Leavitt and Tomsula of the 49ers.

I'm just sick of wasting our time with Pees.
_________________

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8578
Location: MD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://


What...?

I don't know why anyone thought throwing Pees overboard on the hope and prayer that Horton would come here was a realistic option. Horton and Whiz go way back; they worked together in Pittsburgh and he eventually became Whisenhunt's DC in Arizona. Whisenhunt had his pick of of multiple teams to join, he was always going to get a HC job, and Horton was always going to join back up with him when that happened before he considered other teams.


I'm just happy he's out of the AFC North.


I wanted, and still want, to let go of Pees regardless of Horton. There's a bunch of coaches out there we could after and be an upgrade over Pees. Seattle's Ken Norton Jr. and Kris Richard would be two great choices. As would, Jim Leavitt and Tomsula of the 49ers.

I'm just sick of wasting our time with Pees.


I was thinking Cal Norton Jr. This isn't what you want to hear from one of your coordinators btw:


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22092
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://


What...?

I don't know why anyone thought throwing Pees overboard on the hope and prayer that Horton would come here was a realistic option. Horton and Whiz go way back; they worked together in Pittsburgh and he eventually became Whisenhunt's DC in Arizona. Whisenhunt had his pick of of multiple teams to join, he was always going to get a HC job, and Horton was always going to join back up with him when that happened before he considered other teams.


I'm just happy he's out of the AFC North.


I wanted, and still want, to let go of Pees regardless of Horton. There's a bunch of coaches out there we could after and be an upgrade over Pees. Seattle's Ken Norton Jr. and Kris Richard would be two great choices. As would, Jim Leavitt and Tomsula of the 49ers.

I'm just sick of wasting our time with Pees.


I was thinking Cal Norton Jr. This isn't what you want to hear from one of your coordinators btw:



Can we just continue the evolution?

Ken Norton Jr -> Cal Norton Jr -> Cal Ripken Jr.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 8578
Location: MD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://


What...?

I don't know why anyone thought throwing Pees overboard on the hope and prayer that Horton would come here was a realistic option. Horton and Whiz go way back; they worked together in Pittsburgh and he eventually became Whisenhunt's DC in Arizona. Whisenhunt had his pick of of multiple teams to join, he was always going to get a HC job, and Horton was always going to join back up with him when that happened before he considered other teams.


I'm just happy he's out of the AFC North.


I wanted, and still want, to let go of Pees regardless of Horton. There's a bunch of coaches out there we could after and be an upgrade over Pees. Seattle's Ken Norton Jr. and Kris Richard would be two great choices. As would, Jim Leavitt and Tomsula of the 49ers.

I'm just sick of wasting our time with Pees.


I was thinking Cal Norton Jr. This isn't what you want to hear from one of your coordinators btw:



Can we just continue the evolution?

Ken Norton Jr -> Cal Norton Jr -> Cal Ripken Jr.



-> Carl Ripken Jr.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 22092
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Horton officially signs with TEN as their new DC, reuniting with Whisenhunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3mWJdgT0R8&feature=youtube_gdata_playerttps://


What...?

I don't know why anyone thought throwing Pees overboard on the hope and prayer that Horton would come here was a realistic option. Horton and Whiz go way back; they worked together in Pittsburgh and he eventually became Whisenhunt's DC in Arizona. Whisenhunt had his pick of of multiple teams to join, he was always going to get a HC job, and Horton was always going to join back up with him when that happened before he considered other teams.


I'm just happy he's out of the AFC North.


I wanted, and still want, to let go of Pees regardless of Horton. There's a bunch of coaches out there we could after and be an upgrade over Pees. Seattle's Ken Norton Jr. and Kris Richard would be two great choices. As would, Jim Leavitt and Tomsula of the 49ers.

I'm just sick of wasting our time with Pees.


I was thinking Cal Norton Jr. This isn't what you want to hear from one of your coordinators btw:



Can we just continue the evolution?

Ken Norton Jr -> Cal Norton Jr -> Cal Ripken Jr.



-> Carl Ripken Jr.



-> Carl's Jr.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12976
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
Wow... did that really just happen. Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 54 of 80

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group