Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Brandon Stokeley. Jamie Sharper. Chester Taylor.

We including players we picked up in free agency? Cuz McGahee has.

How has Grubbs been doing?

Stokeley is another guy that's taking it back a ways and is a good example. Sharper might fit but I agree with GaTech that he wasn't as good or better with Houston. The same goes for Taylor in Minnesota. McGaee is a nice recent example. From what I've heard Grubbs wasn't very good with New Orleans. I don't know if that's just because he didn't live up to the expectations that Nicks set or if he just wasn't that good personally.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap
Per Adam Schefter: ‏Jaguars releasing S Dawan Landry today >> It really is amazing how many Ravens defenders leave for big $$$, only to fail

Has any player left Baltimore in free agency and had just as good or better of a career elsewhere?

Bart Scott for a short term with the Jets was pretty decent. Justin Bannan and Dwan Edwards are now starters for their respective teams after being backups for Baltimore.

That's all I can think of. OH, and Steven Hauschka who is now actually a pretty solid kicker for the Seahawks.

I don't think Scott was anywhere near as good with the Jets as he was with Baltimore at any point in his tenure there. Bannan and Edwards are decent examples but I haven't followed them like most of the others so I have no idea how good they are in their roles now. Good for Hauschka though. I still remember that kick he missed against Minnesota as time ran out. Evil or Very Mad

It seems like a lot of the players that left Baltimore and have been successful have either been a ways back in the past or they weren't high dollar free agents that had a big contract to live up to.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean either way you want to look at it, the amount of players who were decent here and failed elsewhere significantly outweighs the players who left here to be better elsewhere.

I mean just off the top of my head I can think of:
Le'Ron McClain
Jarret Johnson
Dawan Landry
Chris Carr
Fabian Washington

And those are just guys that I've watched for the past few years. Not to mention Mark Clayton as well (even though he was average at best here, he completely fell off the map afterwards).

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
Boodgyman5220

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any thoughts on extending torrey before he really starts to produce? Dude has been really solid and i think we all saw improvement in his routes this year. We could get him cheaper in the long run if we pay a little bit more earlier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boodgyman5220 wrote:
any thoughts on extending torrey before he really starts to produce? Dude has been really solid and i think we all saw improvement in his routes this year. We could get him cheaper in the long run if we pay a little bit more earlier

I thought there was something new in the CBA where rookies can't get extensions until their rookie contracts are up or something. I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered hearing something similar. It keeps it from getting to a point where dominant rookies/sophs will hold out because some other rookie/soph got an extension.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boodgyman5220 wrote:

Somebody asked this a while ago. I think somebody said that under the new CBA (and maybe the old one too) Smith still has too many years left on his deal to do an extension.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Boodgyman5220 wrote:

I thought there was something new in the CBA where rookies can't get extensions until their rookie contracts are up or something. I may be wrong, but I thought I remembered hearing something similar. It keeps it from getting to a point where dominant rookies/sophs will hold out because some other rookie/soph got an extension.

Yeah it's either that or they have to wait until they're in the last year of their rookie deals before being allowed to restructure. I can't recall the rule specifically.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap
Per Adam Schefter: ‏Jaguars releasing S Dawan Landry today >> It really is amazing how many Ravens defenders leave for big $$$, only to fail

Has any player left Baltimore in free agency and had just as good or better of a career elsewhere?

Defensively, I can't think of anyone.

Priest Holmes killed it in KC, though.

Does James Harrison count?

And Aubrayo Franklin developed pretty nicely after he went to SF, but the bar was pretty low there.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I just noticed for the first time that I've never seen mentioned is on that 4th and Goal in the Super Bowl Ray times the snap perfectly and frees up Ellerbe to hurry that throw. Pretty neat.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
mddeckie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching nfl classics on the nfl network and there playing the ravens patriots game from 07 when Rex ruined our chance at ending the pats perfect season..

But it's fun to see how far our Offense has come since then. From boller, billick, Davard darling, Clayton, sypinski and others to flacco rice smith etc. but man I'd love to have that defense back
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pitta made the top 100!

WTG Dennis

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see all the Did Not Participates for Buffalo? Mario and Kyle Williams. Carrington who I think I might have seen got put on IR. Stevie Johnson. 3 CBs and Justin Rogers isn't one of them. Urbik. This could end up being the easiest road game ever.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they were decimated against the Jets. Likely the only reason they lost to them. Carrington is out for the year too. It sounds like most of those other guys won't be out for any period of time though.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Anyone see all the Did Not Participates for Buffalo? Mario and Kyle Williams. Carrington who I think I might have seen got put on IR. Stevie Johnson. 3 CBs and Justin Rogers isn't one of them. Urbik. This could end up being the easiest road game ever.

No Stevie Johnson? No Mario Williams or Kyle Williams? Down to their 4th string CB's?

I mean, if that's what it takes to give our offense a little rhythm and confidence then so be it. Right now we need all we can get on offense. I'm not worried about defense even if the Bills have Stevie Johnson.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Salty about Dennis Pitta? Please... Dude is average as average goes...
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone should get a GDT thread up. Ideally not me because my GDT's are purely functional and not at all exciting, at least the ones I put up at work are.

Also, I hear what you're all saying about Buffalo seeming like an easy game, but that just screams 'trap' game to me. It's still early in the season where Bills fans feel a slight twinge of optimism so they're still showing up to the games where they get very loud, drunk, and raucous (if this was a November or December game the stadium would be 60% full and blacked out locally for them), and that alone makes it no gimme. They took New England down to the wire and beat a solid Panthers team so far this year at home which is a solid barometer of the kind of fight they'll likely put up. Obviously we really should win this game but from time to time we put up some ugly road stinkers (Jacksonville '11, Kansas City '12, for example), so I'm in the camp that takes this game seriously as a challenge for us.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we regularly send the house at them. From what I saw of last weeks game, Manuel folded fairly regularly under big-time pressure. I pray Pees doesn't see this as a relatively easy game and decide to play it close to the vest. I could see that strategy making this a potentially long day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 27 of 99

Jump to: