Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Randy Hymes or Clarence Moore?
Remember those like 3 weeks at the end of the 2004 season when Kyle Boller-to-Clarence Moore was a thing?

Those were the days...

Fun fact: our leading receiver in 2004 was Travis Taylor, who had 421 yards and 0 touchdowns.

I was picking up wings a couple of weeks ago and a woman working in the kitchen was wearing a Travis Taylor jersey. I was a little confused at first, but I guess if you want to show Ravens pride, but don't want to get sauce/grease/etc. on a nice jersey, then it makes sense.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think it's come up but I'm loving this Sizzle/Patriots crap. Stomp them in the Championship and still talk smack about them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Hope everybody's safe from all this snow. Im kinda stuck at home and this ended up happening lol not a professional by any means.

"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
Hope everybody's safe from all this snow. Im kinda stuck at home and this ended up happening lol not a professional by any means.

I mean, not the greatest idea ever because those are "The Expendables", and in no way are most of those guys expendable... Laughing

But I see what you did there Very Happy
mddeckie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone else here about the FS1. The new fox sports network that they will use to "compete" with epsn. Apparently it will start airing soon and will replace Speed channel
Nucky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mddeckie wrote:
anyone else here about the FS1. The new fox sports network that they will use to "compete" with epsn. Apparently it will start airing soon and will replace Speed channel

I'm excited to see what happens. Hopefully its not the usual brown nosing of New York, Boston, LA that ESPN does.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
Nucky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I mean, not the greatest idea ever because those are "The Expendables", and in no way are most of those guys expendable... Laughing

But I see what you did there Very Happy

True that. I was thinking of doing one of people who might get cut but a crew headed by some like Sean Considine would be a snooze fest. lol.
Nucky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Anyone remember the flea flicker from Kyle Boller to Randy Hymes on MNF? Never forgot that play. lol Probably cause it was the only big play of the season.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
Anyone remember the flea flicker from Kyle Boller to Randy Hymes on MNF? Never forgot that play. lol Probably cause it was the only big play of the season.

Against the Chiefs right? Remember a flea flicker. No idea who the players were.

I forgot Randy Hymes existed. Unfortunately I remember Boller very well.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
mddeckie wrote:

I'm excited to see what happens. Hopefully its not the usual brown nosing of New York, Boston, LA that ESPN does.

Wonder if ESPN leadership will snarkily refer to it as the Speed channel similar to calling NBC Sports OLN.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it's just me, but I happen to think I'm pretty reasonable in thinking that our 2012 Ravens team matches up pretty darn well with our 2000 squad... and would actually win.

Sure we aren't world beaters, but I think this team has been pretty underrated as a squad. Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I wish we would've blown out the 49ers because if that game ends how it started, suddenly that Denver game is the only close game on the resume and we have 3 blowouts to our record. So besides the obvious heart advantages of a blowout, it validates this team as being legit.

I think what that lightout and the comeback that followed, effected this team's legacy so much in terms of how good they actually are when they're rolling. This team has won and it's still not getting it's just due. Between having no chance against the 2000 Ravens (which I happen to think we matchup very well against and would win) and threads like the one where we were listed as one of the worst Super Bowl winners... I call bull. This team, when at it's best, was an extremely dangerous team. They weren't always healthy or motivated, but they were a team that survived long enough to turn it up a notch.

If not for that dumb stadium, this team would truly be allowed to be fully appreciated for what it could bring to the table when at it's best.

Now sure the 2000 team had a level of dominance that this team can't match, but matchups are seldom about simply roster talent, it's also about matchups and scheme. If both teams play tomorrow, with the current NFL structure as the rules, we matchup well with that team in virtually every area.

I see a game similar to last year's win over the Texans. I just don't think this team gets its just due for what they were able to accomplish and what they bring to the table. It's so annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but I happen to think I'm pretty reasonable in thinking that our 2012 Ravens team matches up pretty darn well with our 2000 squad... and would actually win.

Sure we aren't world beaters, but I think this team has been pretty underrated as a squad. Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I wish we would've blown out the 49ers because if that game ends how it started, suddenly that Denver game is the only close game on the resume and we have 3 blowouts to our record. So besides the obvious heart advantages of a blowout, it validates this team as being legit.

I think what that lightout and the comeback that followed, effected this team's legacy so much in terms of how good they actually are when they're rolling. This team has won and it's still not getting it's just due. Between having no chance against the 2000 Ravens (which I happen to think we matchup very well against and would win) and threads like the one where we were listed as one of the worst Super Bowl winners... I call bull. This team, when at it's best, was an extremely dangerous team. They weren't always healthy or motivated, but they were a team that survived long enough to turn it up a notch.

If not for that dumb stadium, this team would truly be allowed to be fully appreciated for what it could bring to the table when at it's best.

Now sure the 2000 team had a level of dominance that this team can't match, but matchups are seldom about simply roster talent, it's also about matchups and scheme. If both teams play tomorrow, with the current NFL structure as the rules, we matchup well with that team in virtually every area.

I see a game similar to last year's win over the Texans. I just don't think this team gets its just due for what they were able to accomplish and what they bring to the table. It's so annoying.

Like your enthusiasm, but our defense is killing somebody on this roster. Of course not the Greatest QB of All-Time, Joe Flacco. You think our guys couldn't get off the press coverage now. lol!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensfanRD wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Like your enthusiasm, but our defense is killing somebody on this roster. Of course not the Greatest QB of All-Time, Joe Flacco. You think our guys couldn't get off the press coverage now. lol!

If we're playing then... I think we lose. But playing by the current rules... I like our chances.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nucky wrote:

Don't hate, he beat the 18-1 Patriots.
Thanks again, Rex.

Speaking of which, I wonder what people's reactions would've been if after that game you made the prediction that the Ravens were gonna win their next Super Bowl before New England.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Nucky wrote:

Don't hate, he beat the 18-1 Patriots.
Thanks again, Rex.

Speaking of which, I wonder what people's reactions would've been if after that game you made the prediction that the Ravens were gonna win their next Super Bowl before New England.

Don't you mean "almost beat"?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 25 of 100

Jump to: