Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yea, that wasn't really the point I wanted to make. I would hate losing Flacco just when he showed the nation he was capable of what I've been saying/hoping for the last 5 years.

Signing a franchise player is 2 first round picks, btw.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287798&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Good times, man. Good times.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287798&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

supersuavesky wrote:
We know the answer.

Flacco isn't any good. Just a game manager. Russell has shown his potential.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

It's always fun to look back at threads like those. I love to look back on the Flacco vs. Freeman threads, the "Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top 10 QB" threads, etc. Not to mention the KC Chiefs threads from this past off-season (which, btw, I've noticed the KC fans coming out of the wood work again this off-season).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

It's always fun to look back at threads like those. I love to look back on the Flacco vs. Freeman threads, the "Ryan Fitzpatrick is a top 10 QB" threads, etc. Not to mention the KC Chiefs threads from this past off-season (which, btw, I've noticed the KC fans coming out of the wood work again this off-season).

That's the greatest...

Do you think whoever finalizes the probowl ballots "stuffed the ballot box" just to eff with everyone on FF? (obviously joking, but a funny thought).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam Cameron was hired as the offensive coordinator at LSU a few days ago. I can't say I'm surprised he couldn't land another job in the NFL at that position right away.
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the high of the superbowl win is starting to fade away with the exception of everytime i see a steelers fan a get a smirk on my face =] lol. now i am in full offseason mode. I just started to think to myself WOW next year we could have a healthy Suggs Ngata Webb, Flacco is coming off an elite performance hopefully he can continue that, Graham has solidified himself as a starter our offense should be returning in tact with the exception of Birk which is great and if we can have a good draft (MINTER =]) we could add some great pieces and OMG next season can be something special. September is way too far away i cant wait
dcarey20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:

best thread ever
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that really concerns me about this team is the lack of speed in the front seven.

We have absolutely no speed at all from our DLine to our linebackers other than Dannell Ellerbe. That needs to be addressed majorly.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a team that runs a base 3-4 I think they're fine in terms of speed along the DL. Ngata, Jones, and McPhee are all at least average in that department (McPhee is probably above average) and although Cody is the antithesis of "fast" he's also a NT so you're not getting a guy that can move much at that position anyways.

To me it starts and ends at LB - specifically ILB. The Ravens are going need need another pass-rusher/OLB when Kruger signs somewhere else but the majority of the problems concerning range and quickness in their front seven stems from the ILB position in my opinion. We all know that Lewis had some major problems in that area the last couple of seasons and McClain isn't much better. Even Ellerbe isn't that fast although he's clearly the most mobile ILB on the team that actually plays. I think getting one or two ILBs in the draft that have some range will solve a lot of Baltimore's speed issues in the front seven.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Cam Cameron was hired as the offensive coordinator at LSU a few days ago. I can't say I'm surprised he couldn't land another job in the NFL at that position right away.

I honestly think he'll do a good job there. Les Miles is a pretty conservative coach to begin with, and with superior athletes compared to the competition at LSU Cam's going to be able to run a pretty affective power run scheme if that's the direction he wants to go in. Not to mention, where Cam has always excelled in his career is bringing young pups along and giving them good shelter as they develop (for all we came to hate about Cam, most people were pretty happy with his work with Flacco as far as his first 2 years were concerned). Where he struggles is getting those players to the next step, but in college, instead of having to get them to the next step, they just graduate and he starts over again with young players to protect and develop. I can see him doing really good things in college. Seems much better suited to his strengths.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I honestly think he'll do a good job there. Les Miles is a pretty conservative coach to begin with, and with superior athletes compared to the competition at LSU Cam's going to be able to run a pretty affective power run scheme if that's the direction he wants to go in. Not to mention, where Cam has always excelled in his career is bringing young pups along and giving them good shelter as they develop (for all we came to hate about Cam, most people were pretty happy with his work with Flacco as far as his first 2 years were concerned). Where he struggles is getting those players to the next step, but in college, instead of having to get them to the next step, they just graduate and he starts over again with young players to protect and develop. I can see him doing really good things in college. Seems much better suited to his strengths.

Totally agree. I think he could be really good in college. The way he coddles his QB's, it fits him a lot better to coach the younger guys. His simplified offense will probably be a lot more effective in college too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I agree with this. It's similar to how Mattison is actually a good defensive coordinator in college.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
For a team that runs a base 3-4 I think they're fine in terms of speed along the DL. Ngata, Jones, and McPhee are all at least average in that department (McPhee is probably above average) and although Cody is the antithesis of "fast" he's also a NT so you're not getting a guy that can move much at that position anyways.

To me it starts and ends at LB - specifically ILB. The Ravens are going need need another pass-rusher/OLB when Kruger signs somewhere else but the majority of the problems concerning range and quickness in their front seven stems from the ILB position in my opinion. We all know that Lewis had some major problems in that area the last couple of seasons and McClain isn't much better. Even Ellerbe isn't that fast although he's clearly the most mobile ILB on the team that actually plays. I think getting one or two ILBs in the draft that have some range will solve a lot of Baltimore's speed issues in the front seven.

I absolutely disagree. For a 3-4 you need speed at OLB and ILB. I could care less about our interior guys, but we don't have ANY speed at linebacker other than Ellerbe. Suggs is slow (because of his achilles, he might be faster next year but who knows), Upshaw is slow, McClellan is slow, Kruger is slow, Jameel and Ayan are slow. When you look at TRUE 3-4 defenses (Pittsburgh, SF, SD, ARI, WAS), they have speed at almost all the LB positions, and we simply don't have that.

The days of dual-threat QB's are rapidly approaching and our defense is stuck in the old school mode of having big, strong guys who can stop the run instead of athletic freaks who can do both.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
nevermore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:

best thread ever

I prefer the Bulger thread.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 22 of 80

Jump to: