Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else irked by how lucky the Bengals seem to be sometimes? Hue Jackson was dumb enough to trade a fortune for Carson Palmer (and is rewarded by BEING HIRED BY CINCINNATI IN THE OFFSEASON, hello!), AJ Green falls into their lap, and now another offseason seemingly gone, unless Arizona makes the move, where neither Mike Zimmer nor Jay Gruden is hired as a HC somewhere even though it's painfully obvious year after year that lesser candidates are getting hired at HC jobs (in Zimmer's case, particularly). I don't know what kind of Jedi Mind tricks Mike Brown has fallen into, but they're working.

Meanwhile, any time we get like 6 weeks of good coaching from a coordinator he's hired as a head coach somewhere.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Anyone else irked by how lucky the Bengals seem to be sometimes? Hue Jackson was dumb enough to trade a fortune for Carson Palmer (and is rewarded by BEING HIRED BY CINCINNATI IN THE OFFSEASON, hello!), AJ Green falls into their lap, and now another offseason seemingly gone, unless Arizona makes the move, where neither Mike Zimmer nor Jay Gruden is hired as a HC somewhere even though it's painfully obvious year after year that lesser candidates are getting hired at HC jobs (in Zimmer's case, particularly). I don't know what kind of Jedi Mind tricks Mike Brown has fallen into, but they're working.

Meanwhile, any time we get like 6 weeks of good coaching from a coordinator he's hired as a head coach somewhere.

If one of our team cooks makes a good sandwich it feels like he gets scooped up by someone.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or does posters discussing the pick-6 and strip-sack as bad calls (and treating it as fact vs. opinion) getting on anyone else's nerves? I feel like I should be able to revel in the salt, but I just want to reply everytime and end up stopping myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Is it just me or does posters discussing the pick-6 and strip-sack as bad calls (and treating it as fact vs. opinion) getting on anyone else's nerves? I feel like I should be able to revel in the salt, but I just want to reply everytime and end up stopping myself.
Just remember, the majority of those posteres (I assume) don't have a team playing this week. So I guess they need something to do.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs
#Bears also interviewed #Ravens special teams coach Jerry Rosburg for head job, the mystery 14th candidate.

Lolwut? I know the special teams units were a lot better for most of this season but I still don't trust Rosburg.
mcdni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking out loud here:

Has anyone considered a scenario where we let Reed go and Webb moves to safety and we make a run at resigning Williams?

I don't think we have the salary cap to resign Reed and Williams and hell we might not even have the salary cap space to resign Williams either but it certainly seems like a decent scenario. Webb could be a ball hawking safety and moving him there will put less stress on his knees as he makes his comeback.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
Just thinking out loud here:

Has anyone considered a scenario where we let Reed go and Webb moves to safety and we make a run at resigning Williams?

I don't think we have the salary cap to resign Reed and Williams and hell we might not even have the salary cap space to resign Williams either but it certainly seems like a decent scenario. Webb could be a ball hawking safety and moving him there will put less stress on his knees as he makes his comeback.

Webb is by far our best lockdown CB -- moving him to a role in which he'd be less effective just for the sake of keeping an average CB isn't worth it, in my opinion. Maybe later in his career, sure, but a lockdown CB is much more important than a FS. If anything, Jimmy could be a candidate if he continues to struggle.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Looking at teams still needing a D coordinator, expect Ravens secondary coach Teryl Austin would be on some lists. Ravens produce D coaches

Boo!

As for the Webb to FS debate, my stance is the same as always. Like Flaccomania said a lock-down CB is just too valuable. Webb could probably play FS pretty well but moving him there just to keep Williams? Hell no.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Looking at teams still needing a D coordinator, expect Ravens secondary coach Teryl Austin would be on some lists. Ravens produce D coaches

Boo!

As for the Webb to FS debate, my stance is the same as always. Like Flaccomania said a lock-down CB is just too valuable. Webb could probably play FS pretty well but moving him there just to keep Williams? Hell no.

This. Point is probably moot too, as I'm sure some defensively lackluster team will overpay Cary.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know if this has been posted by anyone of, I think it prolly has but I thought this was an amazing video. Gave me goose bumps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GcSBw76_tpk

seeing Ray Lewis play is the only time I get pissed about the Browns ever moving to Balitmore because it gets me thinking he could of been on my team lol

I dont care of the crap he did outside of football, one of my favorite players of all time!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super Bowl 35

Just thought some of you would also enjoy watching this. First time seeing the whole superbowl since it actually happened live back in 01. 1 thing I thought was really cool was the energy OJ Brigance had on ST. He made the first 3 tackles on ST if I recall correctly and even at the end he was in on the play and made some big plays. Knowing what we do today, I thought that was pretty cool to see. I also noticed Ray's hands were awful in this game. He dropped like 3 easy interceptions, but I think our defense played well enough anyway Laughing

GO RAVENS!!
b-rave11

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

two things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC8l_PmdbQo

I was talking to my friend (a broncos fan) after the game and he made a funny/interesting observation. He said that the Ravens are somehow simultaneously the most capable and least capable team in the NFL...he has a point. Only the Ravens could make beating the broncos and beating the chiefs look equally difficult. If nothing else it makes the Ravens one of the most exciting teams to watch.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Greg Cosell ‏@gregcosell
Always fascinated by perceptions this time of year. SI cover says Flacco has opportunity to rewrite legacy. Has he failed up to this point?

Quote:
Greg Cosell ‏@gregcosell
Flacco raises QB question again. He's playing in his 3rd AFC Champ in his 5 yrs. Why is he not a "winner", for those who believe in that?

Quote:
Greg Cosell ‏@gregcosell
All the responses to Flacco just prove my point re: perception. Those who believe not asked to win games have no understanding of Ravens O.

PREACH IT COSELL!
Nucky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

Don't struggling corners get moved to Safety ? If it ain't broke no need to fix.
"Fellas, I can tolerate arrogance, conceit, greed but self-pity is the one thing that just chaps my a--. We've experienced difficulty, but I will not tolerate, nor be part of, anything resembling self-pity."- Brian Billick
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

move Jimmy to safety, start Webb Graham and Brown at the corners? anyone?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 13 of 100

Jump to: