Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 76, 77, 78  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Meh, I think you're really overestimating the defenses in college. The athleticism on a defense in the NFL is a lot better than you would find just about anywhere in the NCAA. Given Cleveland's current personnel I wouldn't be too worried about Kelly running an effective version of his offense any time soon. I'm interested to see what happens and I think an offense running at hyper-speed can work but it's going to take some time to implement.

You don't think it would be hard for Kelly to simply draft a bunch of speedy WR's (or trade or whatever) and get a decent QB and then BOOM there's your offense? I think it could be done, and I think it could be done this off-sesaon. They already have Cribbs and that new guy from Miami who's pretty fast, along with Greg Little. Just need a QB and maybe a shiftier RB for the zone-read but I mean other than that the pieces seem to be there.

What I'm worried about in particular is when he goes no huddle against teams (such as us) who have some older players on defense (Suggs, in particular). If we can't create pressure because our guys are gassed and winded and we have to start subbing in guys who can't rush the passer anyways, it's going to be a LONGGGG day.

But hey, maybe I'm just being too worried about it right now. We'll see what happens next year.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speedy receivers =/= quality speedy receivers. Sure you could get players that conceivably fit the mold but to get guys that are actually good is a different matter. I don't think Weeden is a particularly good fit in that kind of offense anyways. He can throw better than what Kelly has had to work with at Oregon but he's not going to be tearing it up on options and designed runs either which is a big part of what they did at Oregon.

If it were that easy to add good players that fit your system any team would be able to improve significantly in a short period of time but we all know that's not the case. Sometimes it happens but it's generally not the norm.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Ayo DB, you don't mind if I use that sig, do you?

Nope I originally posted this in the Ray Lewis retirement thread and said free reign to all. Most are leaving their original Sigs in there to dig for later- if needed.

Edit: Nope as in no I don't mind if you wear the sig. Not sure the way I worded that got that meaning across.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and execs are headed back to Browns. Sources say they will reboot coach search without Chip Kelly in the fold.

Can't say I'm totally surprised. Maybe they go after Lovie Smith now after he apparently got passed on for Marrone in Buffalo.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Chris Mortensen ‏@mortreport
Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and execs are headed back to Browns. Sources say they will reboot coach search without Chip Kelly in the fold.

Can't say I'm totally surprised. Maybe they go after Lovie Smith now after he apparently got passed on for Marrone in Buffalo.

I gotta stop trusting the NFL News Forum. Burned three times in one week with this coaching carousel.

Free Ray Rice
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone hear about Chris Johnson flying the parents of one of the Sandy Hook victims (who was a fan of the Ravens) to the game today and giving them one of his personally signed cleats? I know it's ultimately a very small gesture in the grand scheme of things, but it's just another reason I love this organization and the players within the organization so damn much. Also speaks volumes, imo, about the profound effects of football and how it helps us all drift away for a few, very short hours each weekend from the real troubles in our day to day lives.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Anyone hear about Chris Johnson flying the parents of one of the Sandy Hook victims (who was a fan of the Ravens) to the game today and giving them one of his personally signed cleats? I know it's ultimately a very small gesture in the grand scheme of things, but it's just another reason I love this organization and the players within the organization so damn much. Also speaks volumes, imo, about the profound effects of football and how it helps us all drift away for a few, very short hours each weekend from the real troubles in our day to day lives.

As I read your sig quote... I have 52% energy left on my phone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

HOLY SHT AS I READ YOUR POST I HAVE 52% LEFT ON MY PHONE Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509821

To anyone that still thinks letting go of Jared Gaither is somehow a poor reflection Ozzie/Harbs...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:

HOLY SHT AS I READ YOUR POST I HAVE 52% LEFT ON MY PHONE Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Let's just take this as a (good) sign. Cool

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509821

To anyone that still thinks letting go of Jared Gaither is somehow a poor reflection Ozzie/Harbs...

Well, I guess it's my turn to step up to light and take my fair share of beating for this Sad

BlaqOptic wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/rolando-mcclain-im-falsely-accused-corrupt-cops-are-out-to-get-me/

Yeah.... Newsome isn't signing him anytime soon (assuming Oakland cuts him like I expect them to).
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/09/rolando-mcclain-im-falsely-accused-corrupt-cops-are-out-to-get-me/

Yeah.... Newsome isn't signing him anytime soon (assuming Oakland cuts him like I expect them to).

Hilarious stuff.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

draftguru1234 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Hilarious stuff.

I can admit there were quite a few times I wanted him to be a Raven. I was wrong every one of them...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to point out that Ray Rice is on the front page of NFL.com right now with a caption "Plays of the Year." Subtitle:

Quote:
Was Ray Rice's miraculous fourth-and-29 conversion the best play of the year? Cast your vote here. Watch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 76, 77, 78  Next
Page 11 of 78

Jump to: