Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, nothing should be taken too seriously right now and I don't think offseason workouts likes minicamp and organized team activities mean anything but I thought those quotes were interesting. Especially the Juszczyk one. You don't usually see players make decisive comments like that when it comes to what the team's doing. Of course Juszczyk probably likes the new offense because he actually fits a role in it but that's a good thing. Cool

There were some rumblings that Arthur Brown didn't see the field much last season because he had trouble picking up the playbook and it sounds like that actually was the case. Mosley being added will hurt his snap count but I think Brown will still be used significantly more this season.

What I think I liked most was Pees commenting on how different Kubiak's offense is. As long as the offensive line improves I'm confident that they will be at least competent on that side of the ball this season.

Speaking of the offensive line there will be quite a difference this season compared to the start of last season. Last year it opened as McKinnie - Osemele (with back troubles) - Gradkowski - Yanda - Oher and this year it looks like it will be Monroe - Osemele (healthy) - Zuttah - Yanda - Wagner. Oh man I'm hyping myself up again, I can't wait to see the difference. Unfortunately the only other additions to that side of the ball who will probably make an immediate impact are Smitty and Daniels but hopefully Kubiak's influence is enough to put the other guys in a better position to succeed.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Unfortunately the only other additions to that side of the ball who will probably make an immediate impact are Smitty and Daniels but hopefully Kubiak's influence is enough to put the other guys in a better position to succeed.

I think if Taliaferro gets into the backfield rotation with any regularity, we might see more points on the board because he's the one RB on the roster right now who is built to convert 3rd and shorts and who can power in from inside the 5 instead of kicking FGs.

His scouting report also says he's a pretty good blocker and has good hands, so if he can get up to speed on blitz pickups, Joe will have that extra heartbeat to find targets further downfield or give the offense the additional wrinkle of screen passes, both of which have been sorely lacking for several years.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that sentiment but I'm pretty confident that if Rice and Pierce are able to play one of them will be in there for every meaningful running snap. Taliaferro's best shot to get on the field is as a blocker and like I said a while ago he should easily be the best one on the team at that position but that and special teams will be his main use in my opinion. Early on he should get a decent amount of carries while Rice is out but once he comes back I think that'll be the end of that unless Lorenzo shows something special (and as long as Rice and Pierce are healthy).
ravens5520

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping for Ray Rice, he finds out sooner than later. Allowing him time to adequately appeal

Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB: Report: Ray Rice could receive 4-6 game ban http://t.co/MtKndVe8xV
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
I'm really hoping for Ray Rice, he finds out sooner than later. Allowing him time to adequately appeal

Quote:
@Rotoworld_FB: Report: Ray Rice could receive 4-6 game ban http://t.co/MtKndVe8xV

Seems a bit steep.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if it's 4-6 games he will win the appeal and it will be reduced. Would be wildly inconsistent with past discipline.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's suspended, he doesn't count as part of the 53 man roster, right? A chance for someone else to step in and make the most of the opportunity. Forsett could earn himself some value, especially in Kubiak's system.

If Pierce can stay healthy (a big ask, I know), then he can really establish himself in this system too. I'm looking forward to seeing what these guys can do, and what Kubiak can get out of them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have y'all seen this? It's pretty catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJxOUcwPV4
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WorldChampsHawk wrote:
Have y'all seen this? It's pretty catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJxOUcwPV4

Yup. Got it on my favorites.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, Dennis Pitta is the 4th best TE in the AFC North according to Steelers fans!

Just thought I'd say that Laughing

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
sp6488

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Hey guys, Dennis Pitta is the 4th best TE in the AFC North according to Steelers fans!

Just thought I'd say that Laughing

To be fair, the TEs in the AFCN are probably the best top-to-bottom of any division in the league. I doubt it's even close.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jermaine Gresham is the one that doesn't have a case.

Pitta hasn't had a healthy season where he went in as the #1 TE and a major focal point ofthe offense, so he hasn't put what he's capable of on the field yet. Doubt anyone thinks that after this year, though.
KingBishop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to let you all know Brooks will be a top ten safety in the league within three years.

Props to Joe_Is_The_Best
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:
Just wanted to let you all know Brooks will be a top ten safety in the league within three years.

I'm a big FSU fan and I'm still hesitant on anything close to this... reports are that he hasn't impressed enough yet to even get time with the 1st/2nd teams (whereas other rookies have). I like Brooks, but I don't know if I see him as an overall top 10 safety for his career let alone in 3 years -- but I certainly hope so.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingBishop wrote:

Well right now he's being severely beaten out by a career journeymen FS in Darian Stewart, so I mean it's not looking too promising right now.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 74 of 100

Jump to: