Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StRawz11

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-seacrets-general-manager-denies-reports-that-ravens-players-were-kicked-out-of-club-20140530,0,5467768.story

Clearly the media just looking to create a story

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
sp6488

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-seacrets-general-manager-denies-reports-that-ravens-players-were-kicked-out-of-club-20140530,0,5467768.story

Clearly the media just looking to create a story

More people kicked out of seacrets in a day/night than most clubs/bars get in the door. Non story.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Forsett sticks on the roster for the whole season. Unless Rice is completely transformed from last year, we don't have much elusiveness in any of our other backs. Maybe in our entire offense outside Pitta v linebackers.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
I hope Forsett sticks on the roster for the whole season. Unless Rice is completely transformed from last year, we don't have much elusiveness in any of our other backs. Maybe in our entire offense outside Pitta v linebackers.

Jacoby?

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Jacoby?

Hmmm... you'd think right. Outside the dance routine he pulled off in the SB though, I haven't seen him make a ton happen after the catch. Both him and Torrey seem to need to catch the ball in stride mid-sprint to get any real YAC.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Jacoby?

Hmmm... you'd think right. Outside the dance routine he pulled off in the SB though, I haven't seen him make a ton happen after the catch. Both him and Torrey seem to need to catch the ball in stride mid-sprint to get any real YAC.

Jacoby is super elusive, there's no way around that. Sure, it shows most on returns and such, but when he gets the ball in the receiving game he simply makes plays there as well.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Jacoby?

Jacoby is super elusive, there's no way around that. Sure, it shows most on returns and such, but when he gets the ball in the receiving game he simply makes plays there as well.

I agree with wacky here. Outside of the SB TD and kickoffs, I really haven't seen much of this "super elusiveness" you're referring to by Jacoby.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I'm pretty sure we haven't had a successful screen play on offense since the 4th and 29 play. I don't know if a WR screen has ever worked in Ravens history Laughing
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Yea, I'm pretty sure we haven't had a successful screen play on offense since the 4th and 29 play. I don't know if a WR screen has ever worked in Ravens history Laughing

This is sort of how I feel watching other teams run them...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

We haven't. We've had successful end-arounds though! #CamCameron4President

BlaqOptic wrote:
RabidPanther89

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys Panther fan here. I was wondering if any of you could give me some insight on how Steve Smith is being received in Baltimore. Any indication of how he looks in OTA's?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RabidPanther89 wrote:
Hey guys Panther fan here. I was wondering if any of you could give me some insight on how Steve Smith is being received in Baltimore. Any indication of how he looks in OTA's?

He's been a full participant in all off season activities, reports are he's already showing leadership and he and Flacco seem to have clicked. Then again, I wouldn't expect any other story to come out this time of year honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On BR.com...

Quote:
LIVE Press Conference Today At 2:30 pm ET
Gary Kubiak, Dean Pees, Jerry Rosburg and Torrey Smith will address the media.

Perhaps Torrey got his extension?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some quotes from today:

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 4h
Ravens fullback Kyle Juszczyk: 'I like this offense way better than what we ran last year. I think it's really going to pay off.'

Quote:
Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 3h
Gary Kubiak on Kyle Juszczyk: 'I've been very impressed with Kyle. He reminds me a lot of James Casey. I like fullbacks that can run.'

Quote:
Gary Kubiak on Rick Wagner: 'We've put a lot on his plate and he has responded, hasn't missed a rep. I've been very pleased with Ricky.'

Quote:
Dean Pees on linebacker Arthur Brown: "Art Brown has improved light years from a year ago. This guy has had a great camp.'

Quote:
Dean Pees on how different Gary Kubiak offense is: 'A lot, a lot different. It's got a lot of dag-gone weapons and he knows how to use them'

Quote:
Gary Kubiak: 'I'm throwing the kitchen sink at them. I've got to see what sticks, what they do best. They've been very receptive.'
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comparison between Casey and Juice is EXACTLY why I wanted Juice over Leach - because of his versatility and ability to run and be an H-Back for us. I loved the pick, and I love the player now and I hope he comes into this new offense as a freaking stud like I know he will.

It also cracks me up to hear him blast the old offense.

But I mean, nothing else really surprises me, Joe is "ahead of the curve" every year and it's all the same when the season starts. Of course they're going to praise Wagner, we've seen all of that before with Gradkowski and look how that turned out (not saying it's going to happen again, just saying it's not worth reading too much into with OTA's).

But I mean it is encouraging to see that these guys aren't struggling right now at least, so there's that.

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 73 of 77

Jump to: