Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 29985
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not saying Flacco or anyone should openly bash the team like the circus in NY does, but just being realistic about your situation would help. Wouldn't hurt Flacco to say "Yeah, I'm not playing my best football and neither is the offense, but we just need to stick together and work through it and come playoff time hopefully hit a groove and roll from there."


Sooooo, that's not what he and others on the team are actually saying at the present moment?


Not from what I've been reading.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 30219
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Not saying Flacco or anyone should openly bash the team like the circus in NY does, but just being realistic about your situation would help. Wouldn't hurt Flacco to say "Yeah, I'm not playing my best football and neither is the offense, but we just need to stick together and work through it and come playoff time hopefully hit a groove and roll from there."
My question though is, what actually does that accomplish? Aside from comforting you? It's a superficial critique. It doesn't change how the team prepares. It doesn't change how their team meetings go. All it changes is the context of the play-acting aspect of sports where we have to act like what these guys say with their public relations hats on actually matters. The way I see it, talking to the press at all about internal issues can ONLY be a damaging thing, because it only has the potential to create division. That's why the guys on this team have always had the policy of playing dumb with the press and handling things internally. The fact that we don't get to hear the actual blowback, when these guys get reamed out during film sessions, or during practice, or aren't privy to these guys talking openly about what's going on with the team doesn't mean it's not happening. You're acting like Flacco or Harbaugh's public comments reflects the entirety of their attitudes and actions, when it's pretty clear that it's not (how many times have you heard Flacco throw Cameron under the bus before? Basically never. Doesn't mean there wasn't friction there). Good teams handle things in-house.

Unless you honestly believe that Joe Flacco doesn't believe he and the team needs to improve after these past couple of weeks, there's just no basis for your complaints. John Harbaugh fired his offensive coordinator a week ago. I hardly think he thinks things are 'rainbows and sunshine.' You're taking their public comments literally because it makes it easier to complain. But it's quite simply much ado about nothing.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 2309
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:


It doesn't take a NASA certified engineer to state the obvious like Ed and Pollard have been doing. Getting better isn't going to happen threw quotes in the media or whining about coaching that's lame and at this point its irrelevant. Lead with actions not words. Both sides of the ball have won games despite the other this season so all the talking is getting old


Well it's not like these are things Pollard or anyone else called up a journalist to say, because they felt they needed to be said. They're responses to questions that have been asked, as far as I can tell.

Now once the questions are asked, the guys have a couple of different options. Either they can refuse to talk, like Bart Scott, and be mocked for it, they can gush about how everything is fine and dandy, and it's all smelling like roses, or they can just say what they think without going into detail.

If someone asked Bernard Pollard, 'are you just looking towards the playoffs now?' then I don't see why his quote there isn't the natural response to that question.

And if someone asked Joe Flacco, 'has your confidence been shaken by these defeats?' he's hardly likely to admit it if it has. Saying that he and the team are confident is the diplomatic and sensible response.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmorecareful


Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 603
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:


It doesn't take a NASA certified engineer to state the obvious like Ed and Pollard have been doing. Getting better isn't going to happen threw quotes in the media or whining about coaching that's lame and at this point its irrelevant. Lead with actions not words. Both sides of the ball have won games despite the other this season so all the talking is getting old


Well it's not like these are things Pollard or anyone else called up a journalist to say, because they felt they needed to be said. They're responses to questions that have been asked, as far as I can tell.

Now once the questions are asked, the guys have a couple of different options. Either they can refuse to talk, like Bart Scott, and be mocked for it, they can gush about how everything is fine and dandy, and it's all smelling like roses, or they can just say what they think without going into detail.

If someone asked Bernard Pollard, 'are you just looking towards the playoffs now?' then I don't see why his quote there isn't the natural response to that question.

And if someone asked Joe Flacco, 'has your confidence been shaken by these defeats?' he's hardly likely to admit it if it has. Saying that he and the team are confident is the diplomatic and sensible response.


I feel what ur saying I really do I just hate when dudes act all dramatic about situations. We all know the drill either we gon man up or we gon keep getting our head busted. Its really that simple I want to see somebody do something about it. Don't talk about it Be about it. When I see these comments it sounds like dudes are whining IMO. I'd rather you guarantee a win And lose giving your best effort then sound all depressed and discouraged like these dudes. Good lord
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7721
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Ravens promoting rookie lb adrian hamilton to active roster from practice squad today


Kind of interesting they went with Hamilton instead of Carr to replace McClain on the roster. I wouldn't have expected Carr to play much though, nor do I think Hamilton will get any defensive snaps if he's even activated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 29985
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought for sure Carr was going to be called up. I don't even know who Adrian Hamilton is Confused
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5134
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I thought for sure Carr was going to be called up. I don't even know who Adrian Hamilton is Confused

OLB from Prairie View A&M. Was a big sleeper prospect among the draftnik community partially because he broke Robert Mathis' SWAC conference sack record racking up 22 sacks in his senior season.

He signed with Dallas as an UDFA immediately after the draft and was apparently one of the last cuts. Then signed on to our practice squad and has been there ever since.
_________________

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12988
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I thought for sure Carr was going to be called up. I don't even know who Adrian Hamilton is Confused

OLB from Prairie View A&M. Was a big sleeper prospect among the draftnik community partially because he broke Robert Mathis' SWAC conference sack record racking up 22 sacks in his senior season.

He signed with Dallas as an UDFA immediately after the draft and was apparently one of the last cuts. Then signed on to our practice squad and has been there ever since.

Also pretty telling that we decided to bring him back up than to go back to Kindle. But hopefully Hamilton is able to make waves on the outside. It might also mean a switch for McClellan to the inside for the foreseeable future... assuming he returns from injury.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GaTechRavens


Joined: 24 Nov 2006
Posts: 17745
Location: Madison, WI
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is now about Anthony Weaver.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9749
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two random thoughts:

1) watching Pitt-cinci. Anyone who thinks dalton is better or even as good as flacco is a joke.

2) listening to the fan this morning, Wally Williams said that flaccos numbers are the same as his rookie season. Say what u will about flacco, but this is unequivocally false.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12988
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Two random thoughts:

1) watching Pitt-cinci. Anyone who thinks dalton is better or even as good as flacco is a joke.

2) listening to the fan this morning, Wally Williams said that flaccos numbers are the same as his rookie season. Say what u will about flacco, but this is unequivocally false.

On point. Just said the same thing in the GDT minus the fan... which I don't think should be paid attention to while you're sober. Laughing

EDIT: And the criticism on Flacco is that he has a great defense that carries him, yet Cincy's defense is pretty scary this season ATM and ours definitely isn't playing as good at this point. Yet Flacco is the only one between the two that hears this notion... and he's heard it since his rookie season. Dalton has somehow escaped that label.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravens_rool28


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 19871
Location: #BOOZE
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Two random thoughts:

1) watching Pitt-cinci. Anyone who thinks dalton is better or even as good as flacco is a joke.

2) listening to the fan this morning, Wally Williams said that flaccos numbers are the same as his rookie season. Say what u will about flacco, but this is unequivocally false.

On point. Just said the same thing in the GDT minus the fan... which I don't think should be paid attention to while you're sober. Laughing

EDIT: And the criticism on Flacco is that he has a great defense that carries him, yet Cincy's defense is pretty scary this season ATM and ours definitely isn't playing as good at this point. Yet Flacco is the only one between the two that hears this notion... and he's heard it since his rookie season. Dalton has somehow escaped that label.
The history of our D opposed to our O is what keeps that notion alive. The Bengals D hasn't really been this scary recently, has it?
_________________
Desperado82 wrote:
It's the magic of alcohol

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
diamondbull424


Moderator
Joined: 02 Dec 2007
Posts: 12988
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Two random thoughts:

1) watching Pitt-cinci. Anyone who thinks dalton is better or even as good as flacco is a joke.

2) listening to the fan this morning, Wally Williams said that flaccos numbers are the same as his rookie season. Say what u will about flacco, but this is unequivocally false.

On point. Just said the same thing in the GDT minus the fan... which I don't think should be paid attention to while you're sober. Laughing

EDIT: And the criticism on Flacco is that he has a great defense that carries him, yet Cincy's defense is pretty scary this season ATM and ours definitely isn't playing as good at this point. Yet Flacco is the only one between the two that hears this notion... and he's heard it since his rookie season. Dalton has somehow escaped that label.
The history of our D opposed to our O is what keeps that notion alive. The Bengals D hasn't really been this scary recently, has it?

Well I can't recall 2010, but they were top 10 last season. I know their defense started out bad early this season, but I know that has had to rise lately as they've been looking really stout.

Though your point is definitely a good one. Our defense is historically been great for such a long time. I just think its funny how our defense is 'old' and 'bad' but our team is 9-5. You'd think that would mean our QB is at least pretty good.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravens_rool28


Joined: 05 Sep 2009
Posts: 19871
Location: #BOOZE
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Two random thoughts:

1) watching Pitt-cinci. Anyone who thinks dalton is better or even as good as flacco is a joke.

2) listening to the fan this morning, Wally Williams said that flaccos numbers are the same as his rookie season. Say what u will about flacco, but this is unequivocally false.

On point. Just said the same thing in the GDT minus the fan... which I don't think should be paid attention to while you're sober. Laughing

EDIT: And the criticism on Flacco is that he has a great defense that carries him, yet Cincy's defense is pretty scary this season ATM and ours definitely isn't playing as good at this point. Yet Flacco is the only one between the two that hears this notion... and he's heard it since his rookie season. Dalton has somehow escaped that label.
The history of our D opposed to our O is what keeps that notion alive. The Bengals D hasn't really been this scary recently, has it?

Well I can't recall 2010, but they were top 10 last season. I know their defense started out bad early this season, but I know that has had to rise lately as they've been looking really stout.

Though your point is definitely a good one. Our defense is historically been great for such a long time. I just think its funny how our defense is 'old' and 'bad' but our team is 9-5. You'd think that would mean our QB is at least pretty good.
Nah bro, we totally backed into our record.
_________________
Desperado82 wrote:
It's the magic of alcohol

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9749
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
Two random thoughts:

1) watching Pitt-cinci. Anyone who thinks dalton is better or even as good as flacco is a joke.

2) listening to the fan this morning, Wally Williams said that flaccos numbers are the same as his rookie season. Say what u will about flacco, but this is unequivocally false.

On point. Just said the same thing in the GDT minus the fan... which I don't think should be paid attention to while you're sober. Laughing

EDIT: And the criticism on Flacco is that he has a great defense that carries him, yet Cincy's defense is pretty scary this season ATM and ours definitely isn't playing as good at this point. Yet Flacco is the only one between the two that hears this notion... and he's heard it since his rookie season. Dalton has somehow escaped that label.
The history of our D opposed to our O is what keeps that notion alive. The Bengals D hasn't really been this scary recently, has it?

Well I can't recall 2010, but they were top 10 last season. I know their defense started out bad early this season, but I know that has had to rise lately as they've been looking really stout.

Though your point is definitely a good one. Our defense is historically been great for such a long time. I just think its funny how our defense is 'old' and 'bad' but our team is 9-5. You'd think that would mean our QB is at least pretty good.


That's the rub and the number one reason I can't stand mike preston. Our qv is bad, our receivers are mediocre, our ol sucks and our defense is aging but harbaugh is awful bc he can't win with the talent he has. something has to be good outside of ray rice.

Also, want to say, the notion that flacco and harbs have ridden a defense is a bit overrated. What did this team do the year prior to their arrival? How often did this team make the playoffs in back to back years (outside of sb year)?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 8 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group