Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Random Ravens Thoughts Thread Reply with quote

Just a place to post random Ravens-related thoughts that don't necessarily need an entire thread...

So what's going on over in comparisons? Not that it's a huge deal or anything, but the Ravens are getting NO love in anyone's power rankings. Seems to extend beyond this board, though. 9-3 is still 9-3.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing They keep guaranteeing our demise like we aren't actually going to play out the postseason and they can eliminate us from this board. They are really digging themselves into a hole with all these guarantees.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Laughing They keep guaranteeing our demise like we aren't actually going to play out the postseason and they can eliminate us from this board. They are really digging themselves into a hole with all these guarantees.

You know what, that's a good way to look at it. If we make some noise in the playoffs, then it will just be that much sweeter. Seeing teams that are .500 ranked above the Ravens is a joke. Keep up the good work. God knows that I don't have the patience.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been following the forum the past few days but wow, looks like a lot of Ravens hate going on. I like it. We're going to disappoint haters in the coming weeks.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It comes down to two things:

a.) Conventional wisdom suggests that you have to have an elite quarterback to be an elite team. So when you have a team like the Ravens who have been elite for years on end without having a truly elite quarterback, it literally drives the chattering class crazy. Every year we are the chic pick to regress and collapse out of contention because we aren't built the way a lot of the other successful teams in this league are, and instead of looking at what makes us successful, they look at the fact that we don't have a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady and then assume that our success thus has to be unsustainable or lucky. When we win, it doesn't really garner that much attention, and when we lose? "OH MY GOD I TOLD YOU THEY WERE FRAUDS NOW LOOK AT THIS THEY'RE GOING TO LOSE OUT BECAUSE FLACCO IS A FRAUD AND THE RAVENS ARE FRAUDS AND THAT TEAM ACTUALLY SUCKS." And unfortunately, there are segments of our fanbase that buy into that idea as well. When other teams lose, it's just a loss. When the Ravens lose, it's proof that everything that has been accomplished over the past 5 years just never happened or was pure luck.

b.) They let DTMB get under their skins. Seriously. Look at that power rankings thread. ET is hyper-ventilating and promising that we will be one and done this year. Why? Because DTMB isn't ranking the Texans as high as he likes. Half of the guys in the NFL Gen/Comparison forums rank the Ravens lower because they don't like that DTMB rates them highly, as if how he rates the team actually has an impact on how good the Ravens are. Very precise ranking system they've got there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^I love fans of teams who just got good for the first time. They get soooooo mad if anyone doesn't take them seriously.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

a.) Haters

b.) Gonna hate

Yup.

Anyone got a link to these threads?

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

a.) Haters

b.) Gonna hate

Yup.

Anyone got a link to these threads?

Your Super Bowl prediction

what If the Ravens Let Flacco Walk?

Give Me Your Top 10 Power Ranking...

The Power Ranking thread is Gold all the way through but you should start at the end.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys act like it's not possible that we lose out, despite playing 2 SB-MVP QB's and RGIII in Washington. It's definitely possible, and this team could definitely make that happen.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
You guys act like it's not possible that we lose out, despite playing 2 SB-MVP QB's and RGIII in Washington. It's definitely possible, and this team could definitely make that happen.

Noone has said impossible.

Do you think it's probable? Serious question.

Also, how do you reconcile your glass completely empty outlook on the Ravens and your pimptastic pimpin' of the Seahawks?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Also, how do you reconcile your glass completely empty outlook on the Ravens and your pimptastic pimpin' of the Seahawks?

The sky has fallen, dude. Didn't get the memo? It's time to clean house.

Last edited by kmvoss on Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I would say, in NFL terms, it's between questionable and probable at this point. We are fully capable of losing out given our defense's lack of ability to stay disciplined in the run game (which could kill us against WAS), our ability to leave open WR's on a consistent basis (which WILL kill us against DEN). Couple that with our offense's lack of just about any kind of identity at this point and it's certainly more probably IMO that we lose out rather than win out.

As for the last question, I've always asked myself the same thing! I have no idea why I have so much homerism towards the Seahawks and so much pessimism towards the Ravens. Just how it is, I suppose. Maybe it's because I care less about the Hawks and don't take the time to actually put any expectations into them so I just kind of take them for what they are, but with Baltimore since I have such high expectations I often see myself being constantly let down by this team, which could be the source of the aforementioned pessimism and extreme realism Crying or Very sad

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

The sky has fallen dude. Didn't get the memo? It's time to clean house.

Idk if you're referencing me, but the only coach I want gone after this season for sure is Cam Cameron. The rest I'm willing to give passes to, with Dean Pees being on the shortest leash and Harbs right behind him.

kmvoss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I would say, in NFL terms, it's between questionable and probable at this point. We are fully capable of losing out given our defense's lack of ability to stay disciplined in the run game (which could kill us against WAS), our ability to leave open WR's on a consistent basis (which WILL kill us against DEN). Couple that with our offense's lack of just about any kind of identity at this point and it's certainly more probably IMO that we lose out rather than win out.

As for the last question, I've always asked myself the same thing! I have no idea why I have so much homerism towards the Seahawks and so much pessimism towards the Ravens. Just how it is, I suppose. Maybe it's because I care less about the Hawks and don't take the time to actually put any expectations into them so I just kind of take them for what they are, but with Baltimore since I have such high expectations I often see myself being constantly let down by this team, which could be the source of the aforementioned pessimism and extreme realism Crying or Very sad

That's the thing, we're trying to shake you out of it. Extreme realism?! I don't think so. We lost a close game to the Steelers... but trust me, this organization will get over it. If we lose out I will be the first to give you props for seeing it coming, but I think the chances of Baltimore finishing 9-7 are something like 15 or 16 to 1. Even this weekend @ WAS... I think we win this game 7 out of 10 times.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

That's the thing, we're trying to shake you out of it. Extreme realism?! I don't think so. We lost a close game to the Steelers... but trust me, this organization will get over it. If we lose out I will be the first to give you props for seeing it coming, but I think the chances of Baltimore finishing 9-7 are something like 15 or 16 to 1. Even this weekend @ WAS... I think we win this game 7 out of 10 times.

And believe me, I welcome you guys trying. I want so bad to like DTMB (oh gosh, did I just say that?!) and after we beat San Diego, I was fully on-board with the "haters gon hate" slogan we have adopted this year (and even said we'd drop 40 on Pittsburgh and our offense would come out gunslinging, against my better judgment), but it just seems e very time I try to have high hopes, they just get shattered.

We lost a close game that shouldn't have been close. Emmanuel Sanders holds on to the ball and instead of a tie game they are up by 14 on us lol

And yeah, the chances of us losing out are slim but given this team's inconsistency, I can't make argument to see why we should win any of these games. I watched WAS last week and the way you stop RGIII is to remain disciplined in the run game and hit the snot out of him; I don't believe we can do that, especially after how badly we have failed at containing the edge and staying disciplined against Pittsburgh and other teams this year. Their offense is really complex, creative, exciting, and multi-dimensional and our defense has zero pass rush. I don't see it being a good matchup for us personally.

The only game that looks like a good matchup is NYG because their defense can be suspect at times and Eli Manning is a rich-mans Joe Flacco, so who knows what could happen. So for right now chalk me down for 1 loss (DEN), 1 win (NYG), and 1 IDK (WAS).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: