Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Caw-Ray-Lewis-Hardcore-Facemask/8c3dc2af-1379-4e36-b44e-9a7a8fbf50b6

Yes.

Maybe it will intimidate offensive lineman to not block him?! Cool

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
I just want to ask one thing, why is everyone blaming Cam for the game plan last week? I'm sure someone previously touched on this, but even if Ray Rice didn't get as many running plays called as most of us would have liked, it made sense seeing as Rice has never done overly well against the Steelers. Our running game as a whole was used fairly efficiently and I thought we came out there with a relatively well balanced attack. And I love, LOVED the number of times we tried to attack the Steelers' beat up secondary deep. Can't blame Cam for Joe being horribly inaccurate on nearly all of those deep attempts. We as a team sucked and it's absolutely pathetic that we lost to that Steelers team with Charlie Batch at the helm, but I don't think it's fair at all to place the blame on Cam for that one.

My biggest gripe isn't so much the overall call balance, but the fact that our biggest offensive playmaker didn't touch the ball for the final 15 minutes of the game. We had a 7 point lead with 11 minutes to go in the game after an Ed Reed interception. In order to win the game, you want to A) move the football and B) keep the clock ticking. We did neither of those and we didn't even try to get our best playmaker the ball even once. We had 2 drives in the 4th with < 11 minutes to go, and we took 1:18 and 1:10 off the clock and totaled a whopping 7 plays.

At the worst, you want to force Charlie Batch to beat you by driving down the field which he had only done once all game. So you keep the clock moving, try to move the chains, but at the very worst, you make sure you switch the field on them and take advantage of that turnover. Instead, after the INT we kept Pierce in (which I don't fully fault anyone for, he had looked ok to that point) and on 3rd down Flacco got sacked and stripped. In my opinion that should have been a play call that has about a 0% chance of a sack -- either a run or a quick pass. In that situation, a punt is fine.

Then they score their TD to tie it and we get it again -- and not once is Ray Rice involved. So again we ignore our biggest playmaker first and foremost but at the same time we also give the Steelers all sorts of time to drive back down the field as well.

I just don't get why Cam refuses to use Ray Rice -- you don't see other good teams ignoring their best weapons in crunch time, but Cam seems to.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Taiwan right now with the GF on vacation (no ties here). It's pretty cool so far. Flight sucked. BWI > Detroit > Tokyp > Taipei. As the self-appointed Ravens board Taiwan correspondent, anyone have any questions about Taiwan/Taipei?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
In Taiwan right now with the GF on vacation (no ties here). It's pretty cool so far. Flight sucked. BWI > Detroit > Tokyp > Taipei. As the self-appointed Ravens board Taiwan correspondent, anyone have any questions about Taiwan/Taipei?

Record and post your observations. Describe any culture shock you experience!
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Interesting sidenote. I wasn't able to stream netflix to my hotel as it only allows it within the USA. Had to use a vpn for work that gets me into the NY office network to do it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

Interesting sidenote. I wasn't able to stream netflix to my hotel as it only allows it within the USA. Had to use a vpn for work that gets me into the NY office network to do it.

Hmm... nice to know. I honestly wonder what the difference is.. it's the internet. But yeah.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we start the Paul Kruger free agent discussion? I think he's worthy of a multi year deal and could help with consistency on defense/pass rush. He seems to be a let bloomer, and IMO makes sense to come back and grow with this defense.

Can we afford him? Do you want him back?
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janky wrote:
Can we start the Paul Kruger free agent discussion? I think he's worthy of a multi year deal and could help with consistency on defense/pass rush. He seems to be a let bloomer, and IMO makes sense to come back and grow with this defense.

Can we afford him? Do you want him back?

I definitely want him back, and think he's becoming an important part of the defense.

It did take him a while to adapt to being a starter, and to being more than a pass rusher, but he's started to put it all together in recent weeks. Team sack leader, and he's improved hugely against the run as well.

Whether the Ravens can afford him, I don't know. The only players I'd say are sure to leave are McKinnie and Bobbie Williams, and maybe a couple of younger guys who just aren't going to get game time. David Reed and LaQuan Williams perhaps.

Boldin is still a beast, and Jacoby Jones is proving his worth (unless Goodell actually does get rid of kick offs).

Keeping Kruger might end up depending on whether Ray Lewis and Ed Reed decide to retire or to carry on for another year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put, we can't afford to let another pass rusher hit the open market. Keeping Kruger is ESSENTIAL for a team that can't cover and will have a retiring FS at the end of the year.

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Simply put, we can't afford to let another pass rusher hit the open market. Keeping Kruger is ESSENTIAL for a team that can't cover and will have a retiring FS at the end of the year.

I highly doubt Reed retires after this season. Though if he did it would free up some cap room to re-sign a guy like Kruger.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Wisenhunt most likely to be fired after this season, what do you guys think about him as a DC candidate for next year?

bmorecareful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
With Wisenhunt most likely to be fired after this season, what do you guys think about him as a DC candidate for next year?

He definitely fits Harbaugh's criteria of being a former head coach but I don't think we get rid of Pees and Cam both. With Pees I think its going to boil down to how we look once guys get back active on the defensive roster. If we go one and done in the playoffs all bets are off though
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He definitely fits Harbaugh's criteria of being a former head coach but I don't think we get rid of Pees and Cam both. With Pees I think its going to boil down to how we look once guys get back active on the defensive roster. If we go one and done in the playoffs all bets are off though

But just imagine if we brought in a competent OC and DC, and then got all of our guys healthy next year Shocked Shocked Shocked

RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You do know he has never been a defensive coach in his life, right? He was previously the offensive coordinator for the Steelers before he became a head coach.

And even if we did consider replacing Cam with him, I personally don't think it would be a significant improvement. I would personally look at alternatives elsewhere. Top choices being Norv Turner, or giving the job to Caldwell if he wants it.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So once again we are frauds but if you beat us it proves you are good. It just doesn't compute.

I don't even care that much about the bye. We will straight kill Andrew Luck if he comes to Baltimore. Than we can go ahead and put this "bad road team" nonsense to bed.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: