Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

Nucky wrote:
What are the chances he departs in Free agency ? He's been wining over a new contract for a while now. He's definitely not the Ed Reed of the old. I don't know how much he's really worth.

I say let him test the free agent waters and we can determine what his value is and whether that value fits with what number we feel he's worth. He could see the Lewis treatment in free agency and return thusly after.. Or he could be considered much more valuable around the league than what we tend to have him at and he goes elsewhere. Either way, we shouldn't overpay nor overcommit to a lengthy deal with a sizable signing bonus that could come back and bite us if he walks years early. In recent years we've extended both Webb and Pollard; Pollard for $3.08m per season. Webb is making about $8m I'd say a $3 years/$14m. Still gets paid a decent amount, winning organization, and would be the leader for the defense upon his return the following season.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun
When asked if this was his last ride too, Ed Reed said, "no, I just bought a bike."

Ed Reed said "I'll be playing next year. Next question."

Interesting.

Well, that kind of puts us in a bind. However, I could definitely see Ed Reed giving it his all in the Superbowl and then re-thinking and retiring.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Nucky wrote:
What are the chances he departs in Free agency ? He's been wining over a new contract for a while now. He's definitely not the Ed Reed of the old. I don't know how much he's really worth.

I say let him test the free agent waters and we can determine what his value is and whether that value fits with what number we feel he's worth. He could see the Lewis treatment in free agency and return thusly after.. Or he could be considered much more valuable around the league than what we tend to have him at and he goes elsewhere. Either way, we shouldn't overpay nor overcommit to a lengthy deal with a sizable signing bonus that could come back and bite us if he walks years early. In recent years we've extended both Webb and Pollard; Pollard for $3.08m per season. Webb is making about $8m I'd say a $3 years/$14m. Still gets paid a decent amount, winning organization, and would be the leader for the defense upon his return the following season.

I'm not that worried about it. At this point I think he's more valuable to us than anyone else. If we were to franchise him, his salary would likely decrease from 2012 as he was the highest paid safety in the league IIRC (maybe just highest cap number). I'd go as far as 3 years/18 mil with 10M as signing bonus.

That would give him a year 1 cap number less than what he's making now in the final year of his deal. I really just don't want to see him retire somewhere else.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, posted this in the off-topic thread, but it's probably better served here. Interesting article that shows how most people are very ignorant on the subject (myself included, I didn't know many of these details)...

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/01/24/5-common-misconceptions-about-ray-lewis-murder-trial/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even get mad when people say it anymore. I make most of those points and it becomes very obvious in the following responses that they are just calling him a murderer because they want him to be or are completely ignorant of what happened.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I don't even get mad when people say it anymore. I make most of those points and it becomes very obvious in the following responses that they are just calling him a murderer because they want him to be or are completely ignorant of what happened.

Yup.

FWIW, what's the whole deal with this "white suit" thing?

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yup.

The white suit he was wearing that night was never found. A woman in his party says he dropped it in a dumpster. But that is consistent with trying to cover it up which he admitted to.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
When asked if this was his last ride too, Ed Reed said, "no, I just bought a bike."

Ed Reed said "I'll be playing next year. Next question."

Interesting.

Laughing Laughing

I love that first quote

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the other needs Baltimore has/is going to have I feel like they need to keep Reed around for another couple of seasons. Losing Lewis already puts a dent into the defensive leadership and FS would become the biggest hole on the team if he signs somewhere else. I guess they could add a different free agent but I assume that any of the "better" options on the market would be out of the Ravens' price range. In my opinion Reed won't get a big contract but who knows with him.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yup.

The white suit he was wearing that night was never found. A woman in his party says he dropped it in a dumpster. But that is consistent with trying to cover it up which he admitted to.

So basically he ditched the suit to try to cover up that the event ever took place, not to cover up that he killed anybody?

Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yup.

So basically he ditched the suit to try to cover up that the event ever took place, not to cover up that he killed anybody?

Likely.

From everything I've read, he was doing his best to stay out of it because he didn't want his career to be impacted. It's consistent with the story that his friends got into the fight/altercation in that if he met back up with his friends to help them get home, his suit likely got some blood on it. In order to distance himself from the whole situation, he discarded the suit. Now obviously there are many other ways that he could have potentially gotten blood on it (ie being involved), but from all of the testimony and evidence that pointed at Ray not being involved, it would make sense that he simply ditched it to try and remain not a part of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched some of Kiko Alonso's games. That dude is SICK. Great instincts, change of direction, speed. Saw him toss a Stanford lineman like a rag doll. One of my new fav linebackers but he has character question marks.

EDIT: oops. Wrong thread.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
hemm68

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ... Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
Nucky wrote:

I'm not that worried about it. At this point I think he's more valuable to us than anyone else. If we were to franchise him, his salary would likely decrease from 2012 as he was the highest paid safety in the league IIRC (maybe just highest cap number). I'd go as far as 3 years/18 mil with 10M as signing bonus.

That would give him a year 1 cap number less than what he's making now in the final year of his deal. I really just don't want to see him retire somewhere else.

I was thinking this would be the year for him to go off into the sunset. I'm sure new England will give him a pretty decent offer And idk if I would be too mad if he took it.
rayvens4sb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was a pretty interesting and classy statement by Cam Cameron. Pretty unusual to see a recently fired coach admit it was the right decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130499/article/cam-cameron-ravens-firing-me-was-a-brilliant-move
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rayvens4sb wrote:
I thought this was a pretty interesting and classy statement by Cam Cameron. Pretty unusual to see a recently fired coach admit it was the right decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000130499/article/cam-cameron-ravens-firing-me-was-a-brilliant-move

So even Cam knew he sucked. Alright then!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 17 of 100

Jump to: