You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Cass is going to lose his job. Possibly Ozzie as well... And Bisciotti is a moron.

Maybe I'm missing something, it's a long article... I get Cass, but I ctrl-f'd "Newsome" and nothing seemed horrible or ground breaking. MAybe I'm missing it because I just gave a quick read-though, but what would cause Ozzie to be canned?

Ozzie could go either way, I guess. He has been more transparent as of late but I don't think it will land well that he was essentially the loudest voice advocating for leniency for Rice, with Cass providing the means for making that happen. I think Bisciotti comes off really poorly with those text messages but you can't well fire the owner, so from the next level down it's Cass and possibly Ozzie. It was the three of them who were working the hardest on behalf of Rice, you'd have to think that if anyone ends up collateral damage as a result it'll be from the 3 of them, starting with Cass and possibly also hitting Ozzie.

I guess a lot of it comes down to how this is all received, essentially.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Text from Bisciotti saying he has a job here when he's done playing ball.

Not sure but I think I may have heard the words "if you keep quiet." That may have been reporters inferring.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm 75% done with the article I think and so far I've concluded that Cass and Bisciotti are both the biggest liars and culprits here. Ozzie is a tier below them and Harbaugh is nowhere near it.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any lying even implied coming from Newsome. It's be ridiculous for Biscoutti to fire any one underneath him, and he's already said as much and accepted that it was all ultimately his responsibility. Unless he gets removed as an owner, everyone in our org is safe. I don't see that as a possibility.

So, it's just going to be some extra noise around the team, until the media's lungs give out.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright just finished the article and here's my thoughts.

1. As pointed out before, it appears Harbaugh was kind of left in the dark by his bosses. He wanted Rice, Thompson and Reid gone and Ozzie overruled him along with Cass and Bisciotti. So Harbaugh played along with them since there's no point in fighting them in order to save his job.

2. Bisciotti and Cass are in deep trouble. They seem to be the one's who initiated and fought this battle of the cover-up. Then Bisciotti texts Ray after this and tells him that he's still got a job in the future there. Weird.

3. I don't understand how Rice snitched in any of this? None of the accounts were from Rice. The guy who represented Rice the most in this story was his trainer, Jakobe.

4. Goodell looks even worse now after all of this, especially in parts where he says Rice's account doesn't match up, but doesn't make any effort to obtain the video.

This is all just a mess.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it fair to say Thompson and Reid are in the doghouse? Harbaugh doesn't even want them there.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
So is it fair to say Thompson and Reid are in the doghouse? Harbaugh doesn't even want them there.

I think that's beyond fair to say. But, even further, they've both been outplayed by people ahead of them.

Thompson's never going to see the field because we have 3, arguably 4 WR's better than him and also we have the best returner in football.

Reid is never going to see the field because our OL is playing well, and that includes Wagner.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reid is our top backup at both tackle spots. He's very likely going to be on the field at some point.

Thompson's trade value has taken a hit with this press. May end this 7 WR on roster look.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Text from Bisciotti saying he has a job here when he's done playing ball.

Not sure but I think I may have heard the words "if you keep quiet." That may have been reporters inferring.

I dunno. He may just feel bad about the situation considering ray was a central figure on this team.

I think the Occam's razor here is that they didn't want to lose their star running back who they had a major financial commitment to. It's not some conspiracy of state secrets. I think the whole "what did you know and when did you know it!?!" has been a bit overblown. Every reporter/journalist, even those in sports, seem to fantasize about being the next Woodward and Bernstein. This article doesn't do much for me, again unless I'm missing something. I mean, internal disagreement over what to do with him isn't really a big deal. Are we going to demand that everyone who thought sterling losing his team was a bit much to out themselves for public shaming? That there was internal dispute, when we had much of it here regarding what should be done, is not scandalous.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

3. I don't understand how Rice snitched in any of this? None of the accounts were from Rice. The guy who represented Rice the most in this story was his trainer, Jakobe.

You believe one of HIS people gave or showed HIS texts to reporters and he had nothing to do with that?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

You believe one of HIS people gave or showed HIS texts to reporters and he had nothing to do with that?

Ah, okay, I see where you're going, and yeah that's certainly plausible.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to be said that hasn't already.

If the OTL reports are true:
1. Bisciotti and Cass come off looking really bad - a lot of what they did seems to have been motivated by optics (and presumably the salary cap) and not morals/ethics or what would be best for the team long term

2. Ozzie's reputation is going to take a pretty big hit, but I think it comes across that a lot of what he did was due to his personal feelings about Rice

3. Harbaugh comes out of this well and will probably get a fair bit of sympathy for how he was trotted out for the 1st press conference after Rice was cut and made to tow the company line

4. It just re-affirms how poorly the judicial system has handled the entire case

5. This doesn't really make make Rice look any better - especially if you read into the end of the article like DTMB has (and I have too). He clearly doesn't seem to understand that regardless of what happens, he won't be playing in the NFL any time soon because of the current social climate.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Reid is our top backup at both tackle spots. He's very likely going to be on the field at some point.

Thompson's trade value has taken a hit with this press. May end this 7 WR on roster look.

Actually he's not. Reid has been inactive the first two weeks. Hurst is the backup tackle at this point. I think there's something to Reid and Thompson being in the doghouse.

Even with this report I don't think anything is going to happen to anybody in the organization except maybe Cass. Bisciotti won't axe Newsome to appease the public, I'm pretty confident about that. What might happen is Newsome retiring on his own though. That I could see pretty easily.
b-rave11

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole Rice scandal is the first time that I have legitimately feared for our organization. We have such a competent, solid organization from the top to the bottom and our on-field success over the past decade is a direct reflection of that.

I really like the triumvirate of Biscotti, Newsome, and Harbs and I would be devastated if any of them got fired or resigned over this -- I think it would be extremely detrimental to our team.

That being said I agree with some of the higher up posts that point out that DeCosta will most likely be a solid replacement for Newsome if Newsome were to leave the organization. From the article it seems like Harbs is probably safe which is ok -- he is a fine coach and although I'm still not sure exactly what he does he has coached a very consistent team if nothing else. What scares me is Biscotti. There are so many terrible owners around the league who simply cannot delegate. Jones in Dallas, Snyder in Washington, these guys have short tempers and no football sense yet insist on making terrible decision after terrible decision. Biscotti has been excellent on letting people who know more about football make the football decisions. If we lost him we would be losing the foundation of our franchise.

I get that a lot of mistakes were made, and that if Biscotti really did try to cover this whole Rice thing up it would be a really unethical move and would most likely merit him resigning -- but jeez its just scary/sad how far our team could fall because of this.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:

Actually he's not. Reid has been inactive the first two weeks. Hurst is the backup tackle at this point. I think there's something to Reid and Thompson being in the doghouse.

Didn't realize that he was inactive. Strange, because Harbaugh made a big deal about the fact that Reid "won" the third tackle spot after the 3rd preseason game.

Wouldn't surprise me if this was some kind of fake suspension for him and Thompson for the off the field stuff.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: