You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing the Ravens' luck, this'll be the game where Johnny Football actually does something impressive, that has people raving about him non-stop on ESPN and the NFL Network.

A typical blitz break down, where the OLBs get caught in the backfield and Manziel gashes the D-line for a 30 yard scramble, or something.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 49882
Location: Hillsboro, OR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Knowing the Ravens' luck, this'll be the game where Johnny Football actually does something impressive, that has people raving about him non-stop on ESPN and the NFL Network.

A typical blitz break down, where the OLBs get caught in the backfield and Manziel gashes the D-line for a 30 yard scramble, or something.


HA! Our OLB's in the backfield? That's impossible. I think it's much more likely that JFF throws a terrible pass that hits his lineman in the back of the helmet, goes up in the air, Daryl and CJ collide trying to catch it and JFF jumps over them, catches it, then scrambles for 30 yards and is taken down from behind by Haloti Ngata.
_________________
#FireDeanPees...and Chris Hewitt....and Matt Weiss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="wackywabbit"]Bobby Rainey had 144 rushing yards and 30 receiving yards yesterday.

[/quote
Only fair to point out now that he's turned it over twice tonight and hasn't looked very explosive at times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Bobby Rainey had 144 rushing yards and 30 receiving yards yesterday.


Only fair to point out now that he's turned it over twice tonight and hasn't looked very explosive at times.


The fumbles are definitely a problem. But, I'd take him on this team in a heartbeat. The blocking was just awful along with the rest of the Bucs team. I think he'd be a better version of Forsett on our team now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
wackywabbit wrote:
Bobby Rainey had 144 rushing yards and 30 receiving yards yesterday.


Only fair to point out now that he's turned it over twice tonight and hasn't looked very explosive at times.


The fumbles are definitely a problem. But, I'd take him on this team in a heartbeat. The blocking was just awful along with the rest of the Bucs team. I think he'd be a better version of Forsett on our team now.


Right, id take him now too. But the decision to cut ties with him was made with pierce and an available rice. If he showed anything close to a propensity to fumble in camp, then it's very hard for me to lament us letting him look elsewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 27116
Location: 321
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/19/ravens-brace-for-major-story-about-mishandling-of-rice-case/

Son of a.....Why the hell won't this end!? Brick wall
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 27116
Location: 321
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/19/ravens-brace-for-major-story-about-mishandling-of-rice-case/

Son of a.....Why the hell won't this end!? Brick wall


Oh Christ. It's about to hit the fan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 49882
Location: Hillsboro, OR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is bad.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl
_________________
#FireDeanPees...and Chris Hewitt....and Matt Weiss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 34379
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cass is going to lose his job. Possibly Ozzie as well... And Bisciotti is a moron.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Harbs comes out of it well. That's... something.

But I think I'd like to wait and see if ESPN have to backtrack over any of this. They're not exactly a media outlet of great repute, themselves. But it sounds like they're guilty of the wilful ignorance that Steve Bisciotti already owned up to. They didn't want to know the truth, because they loved Ray Rice too much.

Quote:
The person, who speaks with the commissioner regularly, said he came away from the conversation with the strong impression Goodell regretted that someone had talked him out of leveling a tougher penalty against Ray Rice.


This sort of stuff is just inflammatory nonsense, which shouldn't be included without any evidence to suggest it's the case. We know what ESPN are trying to say, but they can't, because they have literally no evidence to support it.
_________________


Last edited by Mancunian Raven on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 27116
Location: 321
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. Thank God DeCosta's name has never come up one time in this whole saga. At least we'll have some solid foundation when this is all over.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DontTazeMeBro


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 27116
Location: 321
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I hope no one signs Rice's snitchingass and he goes broke.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 49882
Location: Hillsboro, OR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Well. Thank God DeCosta's name has never come up one time in this whole saga. At least we'll have some solid foundation when this is all over.


Yeah that's my thoughts as well.

And I don't usually give Harbaugh credit for much, but in this case, he was completely in the right and it's totally unfair looking back that he had to go out and talk to the media and receive criticism for something he didn't support and was overruled on. Totally disappointing by the higher-ups. Just wow. They practically threw Harbaugh out to be eaten by the wolves.
_________________
#FireDeanPees...and Chris Hewitt....and Matt Weiss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11791
Location: Crabtown
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Cass is going to lose his job. Possibly Ozzie as well... And Bisciotti is a moron.


Maybe I'm missing something, it's a long article... I get Cass, but I ctrl-f'd "Newsome" and nothing seemed horrible or ground breaking. MAybe I'm missing it because I just gave a quick read-though, but what would cause Ozzie to be canned?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 49882
Location: Hillsboro, OR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Cass is going to lose his job. Possibly Ozzie as well... And Bisciotti is a moron.


Maybe I'm missing something, it's a long article... I get Cass, but I ctrl-f'd "Newsome" and nothing seemed horrible or ground breaking. MAybe I'm missing it because I just gave a quick read-though, but what would cause Ozzie to be canned?


Ozzie was involved in the cover-up, much like Cass and Bisciotti were.

And maybe it's because I haven't read all the way through the article (I am right now), but what did Rice snitch about?
_________________
#FireDeanPees...and Chris Hewitt....and Matt Weiss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group