You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
What an idiot. You're about to start your NFL career... get focused, kid.

So this is kind of an extended question, but is this the result of our locker room having a lack of leadership and accountability now that Ray and Ed are gone? I mean, the answer could very well be no and I could understand that, but I don't ever remember us having this many offseason issues when they were around and overall, with 4-5 arrests this offseason, this isn't like the Ravens organization.

Doubtful. Think we just picked a few idiots.

[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
And the news continues:

Quote:
lindsey ok ‏@lindseyyok 2m
RT @jlepolastewart: Sources familiar w city shooting invest. say former #Baltimore Raven DJ Bryant is being questioned as suspected gunman.

Holy. Effing. Offseason.

Ok... Now you're reaching... This guy spent a couple of days on our practice squad in 2012 (along with four other organizations: Texans, Bucs, Colts and Jets) and is currently not a member of the organization, nor has he been for at least a year.

To your earlier question, I don't think it's a lack of leadership. LFT hasn't even been a member of the team yet...
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:

So this is kind of an extended question, but is this the result of our locker room having a lack of leadership and accountability now that Ray and Ed are gone? I mean, the answer could very well be no and I could understand that, but I don't ever remember us having this many offseason issues when they were around and overall, with 4-5 arrests this offseason, this isn't like the Ravens organization.

Doubtful. Think we just picked a few idiots.

Yeah, hopefully this doesn't turn into a trend for our team.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see how Taliaferro getting arrested could possibly be an indictment on the leadership in the Ravens' locker room. He's not even been in it yet. But I would hope that this is an aberration, and not an indicator of his character, because otherwise the Ravens just wasted a pick.

The other arrests over the summer are more worrisome. Harbs needs to absolutely nail into the players' heads that there will be no more toleration of this sort of behaviour. If the players aren't leading, then the coaches have to.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I don't think it's a big deal in terms of affecting the team on the field. There's very little chance Taliaferro gets suspended over something like that or faces any kind of meaningful discipline from the league or team. Being drunk in public and breaking a window in a cab is hardly a serious situation. Now if you're talking about what it does to the image of the Ravens it's not good at all considering the ongoing Rice situation.

For what it's worth D.J. Bryant was cut just over a week ago with Furstenburg and Larsen when those others guys were brought in.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Honestly I don't think it's a big deal in terms of affecting the team on the field. There's very little chance Taliaferro gets suspended over something like that or faces any kind of meaningful discipline from the league or team. Being drunk in public and breaking a window in a cab is hardly a serious situation. Now if you're talking about what it does to the image of the Ravens it's not good at all considering the ongoing Rice situation.

For what it's worth D.J. Bryant was cut just over a week ago with Furstenburg and Larsen when those others guys were brought in.

In regards to the Bryant thing, there were also several other Ravens players at the place where the shooting happened, along with Bryant.

But for Taliaferro it speaks more to his character than anything. Instead of preparing to be an NFL player, he's out getting drunk in public and acting like an idiot.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
In regards to the Bryant thing, there were also several other Ravens players at the place where the shooting happened, along with Bryant.

But for Taliaferro it speaks more to his character than anything. Instead of preparing to be an NFL player, he's out getting drunk in public and acting like an idiot.

Yeah, it's not a good somewhat first impression to make in his NFL career. As far as I can tell though he's hasn't had off-field issues in the past and I'm not going to spend time worrying unless it does become a recurring theme.
BenderRodriguez

Location: Check my sig thread. Fighting Beavers Team President.
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

At least he did not pull a Alameeda Ta Amu smash into a bunch of cars, strip down to his underwear because apparently the police would not be able to see him Shocked

Even Houdini could not make that disappear!

l3lind golfer wrote:
Wait so what is this? Is this a remake of the first two Terminators in one movie or what?

BTW, my favorite scene was the guy(s) who are naked.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I can tell you this from experience while catering an event attended by about 20 NFL players and coaches about 12 years ago, they drink...a lot. That's just what many of them do when they aren't at the facility.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I can tell you this from experience while catering an event attended by about 20 NFL players and coaches about 12 years ago, they drink...a lot. That's just what many of them do when they aren't at the facility.

I don't doubt that for a minute.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I don't doubt that for a minute.

For what it's worth, they eat more than they drink. Cool

But they also do strange things, like they still live in a frat house. Among other things, we had to keep a starting QB from doing a solo kegstand...just a few weeks before he signed a big money contract.

So it doesn't surprise me at all when I hear things like a cab window got broken. It doesn't concern me either, and I'd like to believe that players have more sense than to do some of the things they do, but at least Taliaferro didn't try to drive himself home in that state.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, let's look at the positive that he was trying to get a hold of a cab instead of driving himself.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys just as a reminder. Let's remember to keep all of these topics related to football and how it might affects the Ravens future plans.

So yeah, these situations could indeed be a result of a lack of leadership. Guys that might be normally put under the shoulder of a Lewis/Reed right after the draft, now are off to their own devices instead of having someone to show them them how to be a professional.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't see how Ray Lewis would have stopped a guy who's been a member of the team for 2 weeks from getting drunk on Memorial Day weekend and breaking a cab window. There's what, 90 guys on the roster? They're going to do what they're going to do in the offseason.

Now a stripper going upside Jacoby's head at B-Mac's party in the middle of the season, I could see how leadership may have prevented that. But what can you really do about guys on the roster bubble driving around with weed or 4th round rookies drinking too much in the middle of spring.

Location: Check my sig thread. Fighting Beavers Team President.
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would have knocked him out, and then when he came too. Ray would have been like I love you brother! Shocked

l3lind golfer wrote:
Wait so what is this? Is this a remake of the first two Terminators in one movie or what?

BTW, my favorite scene was the guy(s) who are naked.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 71 of 100

Jump to: