Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Smith/Norv Turner to be fired
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: AJ Smith/Norv Turner to be fired Reply with quote

Quote:
@NFL_RealUpdates

#Chargers will fire head coach Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith in the end of the 2012 season per @UTKevinAcee.

https://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/status/276811278658437120

About time.

Sig bet
Germanbolt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God, now who is next

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Chargers fans! Now you guys can start moving in the right direction. Best of luck with your new head coach and GM.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#Thankyoubasedgod
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Germanbolt wrote:
Michael Lombardi said SD could be players for Chip Kelly.

Sig bet
Zappaz

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimmy Raye will be GM

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Germanbolt wrote:
Michael Lombardi said SD could be players for Chip Kelly.

Given how much of a little ***** our Owner is highly doubtful. Was too scared to make a change last year because "there were no guaranteed better options"... He's scared [inappropriate/removed]-less of making a decision that isn't good again, so he kept on the downward decline. As much as i'd like him to, Not a snowballs chance in hell that he goes out on a limb and hires a big name coach like Kelly for big money with no experience.

And in response of people saying Jimmy Raye being the next GM...Heres what Spanos said...

"There is only 1 person in this organization who will make those decisions and that's me, and I havenít shared my thoughts w/ anyone. I will make my evaluations at the end of the season. Anything coming out now - from sources or otherwise - is pure speculation."

Same old arrogent [inappropriate/removed]...

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well he can't exactly come out and say that he has decided they both are going to be fired.

But we heard this stuff last year and the team won 4 games at the end of the year and it was enough to give them another shot. I'm pretty confident that won't happen again, but if a miracle happens in Pitt the last 3 games of the schedule are teams that the Chargers could beat...
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv is showing some class on his way out. As much as I want us to lose out, I respect Norv for giving it his all for the young guys on this team. Beating Pittsburgh will be a great thing to build on for the next staff.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Germanbolt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Norv is showing some class on his way out. As much as I want us to lose out, I respect Norv for giving it his all for the young guys on this team. Beating Pittsburgh will be a great thing to build on for the next staff.

I do not thing you can hold anything personally against Norv, he is just not a good coach unfortunately

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers have a groupon available for Sundays game. This is where our owner has led us. Another black out and now we've exhausted corporate sponsors in the area as well.

They will be sending the renewal notices out soon for season ticket holders, it's so hard to commit the money yet again for a team that has been so disappointing and spiraling down.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
fraziafraze07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy folks.

I was just wondering what your thoughts about Norv Turner as an offensive coordinator might be. There's some talk in the Panthers' forum about keeping Ron Rivera as our head coach, but also hoping that Rob Chudzinski (another familiar face for you guys) gets fired from his OC position.

We sort of like Chud, because when he's on point with his playcalling, our offense can really start rolling. But he gets way too cute at times, insists on running too much zone-read run plays out of shotgun, and doesn't call enough short and intermediate pass plays even though our offensive line isn't great at pass blocking. In short, the majority of the time, his playcalling doesn't put our offense in a position to succeed as well as it could.

Do you all think (especially since you're familiar with both men) that Norv would be an upgrade at OC over Chud? And how might you foresee him designing an offense around Cam Newton?

Thanks!

Rich7sena wrote:
Someone's going HAM on the button in Buffalo Wild Wings.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fraziafraze07 wrote:
Howdy folks.

I was just wondering what your thoughts about Norv Turner as an offensive coordinator might be. There's some talk in the Panthers' forum about keeping Ron Rivera as our head coach, but also hoping that Rob Chudzinski (another familiar face for you guys) gets fired from his OC position.

We sort of like Chud, because when he's on point with his playcalling, our offense can really start rolling. But he gets way too cute at times, insists on running too much zone-read run plays out of shotgun, and doesn't call enough short and intermediate pass plays even though our offensive line isn't great at pass blocking. In short, the majority of the time, his playcalling doesn't put our offense in a position to succeed as well as it could.

Do you all think (especially since you're familiar with both men) that Norv would be an upgrade at OC over Chud? And how might you foresee him designing an offense around Cam Newton?

Thanks!

Chud learned his system from Norv. Norv might not get as cute with Cam as Chud did, but it'd be a lot of the same.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Norv Turner hiring Ron Rivera to be the Defensive Coordinator in San Diego, I could easily see Rivera returning the favour in Carolina.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: