Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Smith/Norv Turner to be fired.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenos wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Xenos wrote:
game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Letting them hang around as lame ducks seems awfully cruel.

And yet utterly deserved. I still think AJ is getting scapegoated a bit (this resistance to drafting OL before the 3rd round has been part of the team's approach for far longer than he or John Butler were with the team - dating all the way back to '85), but this is a franchise in need of a breath of fresh air and a new mantra - so to speak.

A clean break is needed.

The man did give Clary an extension

And Clary played well until he got that contract unfortunately. He was a solid RT, but he just flat out sucked now. On the other hand, you could make the same argument for Weddle when he signed the extension since there were a lot of fans upset with that choice as well. But he turned out well. It's a gamble, and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I thought AJ had a great offseason this past year. But unfortunately, his undoing is his refusal to get more oline insurance.

Just went back to look at the thread about Weddle being signed. Surprisingly well regarded at that time still but man did he take it to another level.

I remember the words overpaid a lot salary wise as well as draftwise from a lot of the naysayers in that thread (I'm talking about the charger.com forums).

Expecting logic from some people there is like expecting your dog to speak perfect english. Not gonna happen.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
game3525

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Chargers.com is not exactly the best place to find informed views about the Chargers......or the rest of the league for that matter.
G

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raider fans warned you guys when he was hired. Rolling Eyes
He was a good OC but after 3 HC gigs I doubt he gets much of a shot.

I'm hoping Ried sits out a season. Would hate to see him there...Cower and Gruden too of course...
How about Knapp? Wink
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Raider fans warned you guys when he was hired. Rolling Eyes
He was a good OC but after 3 HC gigs I doubt he gets much of a shot.

I'm hoping Ried sits out a season. Would hate to see him there...Cower and Gruden too of course...
How about Knapp? Wink

I could use a nap right now.

Oh wait, Greg Knapp? Yeah, no. Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Xenos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Xenos wrote:
game3525 wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Letting them hang around as lame ducks seems awfully cruel.

And yet utterly deserved. I still think AJ is getting scapegoated a bit (this resistance to drafting OL before the 3rd round has been part of the team's approach for far longer than he or John Butler were with the team - dating all the way back to '85), but this is a franchise in need of a breath of fresh air and a new mantra - so to speak.

A clean break is needed.

The man did give Clary an extension

And Clary played well until he got that contract unfortunately. He was a solid RT, but he just flat out sucked now. On the other hand, you could make the same argument for Weddle when he signed the extension since there were a lot of fans upset with that choice as well. But he turned out well. It's a gamble, and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I thought AJ had a great offseason this past year. But unfortunately, his undoing is his refusal to get more oline insurance.

I'm not sure you're familiar with who Clary is. If you're saying he played well at any point in his career, you'd be wrong. Saying he's bad would be complimentary.

I am very familiar with Clary. I was one of his biggest defender, especially during the 2009 season (his best IMO) and the 2010 season. Like I said before, he was more than fine during those seasons. Not a pro bowl caliber tackle, but more than solid to take care of business.
Xenos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
Yeah, Chargers.com is not exactly the best place to find informed views about the Chargers......or the rest of the league for that matter.

There are some good posters there. Unfortunately, I can no longer go there because of the negativity. I end up arguing with people when I really shouldn't be wasting my time.
coors

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be a surprise to absolutely nobody.
If anything, surprised that its taken so long for both of them to finally get thrown out the door...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Should have happened three years ago. I would welcome Turner to be the OC in MN, he has done good things with QBs and running games.

Ponder isn't an Air Coryell QB

Yeah, Norv is a better fit in Baltimore or even Chicago.

Or detroit no qb airs it out more then staford after a disapointing season might look for a change. Norv could really have fun with calvin
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmudd wrote:
game3525 wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Should have happened three years ago. I would welcome Turner to be the OC in MN, he has done good things with QBs and running games.

Ponder isn't an Air Coryell QB

Yeah, Norv is a better fit in Baltimore or even Chicago.

Or detroit no qb airs it out more then staford after a disapointing season might look for a change. Norv could really have fun with calvin
I was thinking the same. If the Lions got Norv I'd be happy. Why not go with a coach who wants to run that system and has a 24 year old QB with a rocket arm and the best WR in the NFL?

Sig bet
game3525

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norv's offense requires backs who are multi dimensional. Unless Best is healthy, I think Chicago with Cutler and Forte and Baltimore with Flacco and Rice are better options for him.
dmudd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
Norv's offense requires backs who are multi dimensional. Unless Best is healthy, I think Chicago with Cutler and Forte and Baltimore with Flacco and Rice are better options for him.

one of the lions backs leads the nfc north with receiving yards not forte Bell has been pretty solid all year all around with limited snaps.
starry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Sproles declined to return.

Not according to Sproles, he was lowballed.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Norv in a lot of my friends mocks as a OC on the Eagles forum. I am not the biggest Norv guy as he seems soft and prone to bone headed moves but we are right now a purely vertical throwing team personnel wise with a tall vertical pocket passer and multi skilled backs.. I wonder if the Eagles will entertain the idea of Norv in some form. I dont know if i would be a fan of it.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: