Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony7188

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Everyone isn't considering the other benefit of this.

Free is given competition. I am a strong advocate of competition breeds success - it's part of the reason I always want to churn the bottom third of the roster. This may light a fire under Free's rump. In the best possible of situations Free reverts back to his top 10 Tackle Days.

By all means, if this gets Free to play at even an above average level...it will be a positive thing. If not, then Parnell replaces Free and we cut him after the season.

Free played his butt off, got paid and now it looks like he doesn't care. What happened to the talk of Free's supposedly good feet? I thought that is what made him so good against pass rushers? smh

I have to see him benched in a game to believe it. I hope Garrett does do it but I doubt it. Felix Jones was still out on the field at RB turning the ball over and he wasn't replaced and I keep seeing Olgetree as the #3 reciever. Bottom line: I seriously doubt Doug Free is worried about Jeremy Parnell taking his spot... not with Jerry looking down as GM.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I don't think Parnell is very good at all. He will struggle just like Free, and he has struggled in his limited action. He only has 1 start to his credit and has allowed multiple sacks and penalties. The the thing is you can't get much worse than Free, so he should be paid like Parnell is, or cut all together.

Maybe your talking about a different game but against Washington when he started at LT, he played pretty dang well for a guy making his first start there. Heck he was basically just as good as Tyron Smith has been this year. I went back and rewatched the game and watched him the whole time. He was good. Not great. Just good and I tend to think he could do just as good a job as Free. He has some issues with inside moves, but did very well against speed rushes and bull rushes. Also, got some nice push in the run game.

Yeah, I read that his first ever start he came out clean - 0 penalties 0 sacks

I honestly just sit here and SMH at the things people say on this site. In 1.5 games, Parnell has given 2 sacks and had 3 penalties (2 FSs and 1 hold).

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I don't think Parnell is very good at all. He will struggle just like Free, and he has struggled in his limited action. He only has 1 start to his credit and has allowed multiple sacks and penalties. The the thing is you can't get much worse than Free, so he should be paid like Parnell is, or cut all together.

Maybe your talking about a different game but against Washington when he started at LT, he played pretty dang well for a guy making his first start there. Heck he was basically just as good as Tyron Smith has been this year. I went back and rewatched the game and watched him the whole time. He was good. Not great. Just good and I tend to think he could do just as good a job as Free. He has some issues with inside moves, but did very well against speed rushes and bull rushes. Also, got some nice push in the run game.

I honestly just sit here and SMH at the things people say on this site. In 1.5 games, Parnell has given 2 sacks and had 3 penalties (2 FSs and 1 hold).

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9604&team=6

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Yeah I know. Considering he's played in all 12 games, and you're saying he's only played in 1.5.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:
Playing as the third tight end, he missed a block on a key short-yardage situation in the season opener against the Giants. In the same role, he had a false start at Baltimore in the fourth-quarter drive that could have tied the game for the Cowboys, and he had a holding penalty against Cleveland that made the Cowboys settle for a field goal in the first half.

But he played cleanly in his only start, at left tackle in place of Tyron Smith on Thanksgiving against the Washington Redskins, and it reinforced the Cowboys’ faith in him.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/cowboys-encouraged-by-parnells-rally-from-rough-start-to-season-will-talk-about-him-at-right-tackle.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Maybe if you hit hard enough, you can smack some knowledge into there....

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:
Playing as the third tight end, he missed a block on a key short-yardage situation in the season opener against the Giants. In the same role, he had a false start at Baltimore in the fourth-quarter drive that could have tied the game for the Cowboys, and he had a holding penalty against Cleveland that made the Cowboys settle for a field goal in the first half.

But he played cleanly in his only start, at left tackle in place of Tyron Smith on Thanksgiving against the Washington Redskins, and it reinforced the Cowboys’ faith in him.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/cowboys-encouraged-by-parnells-rally-from-rough-start-to-season-will-talk-about-him-at-right-tackle.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Exactly my point in my post. Thanks for finding this Matts.

Thanks to SHSTE

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:

Add up his total number of offensive (non special teams snaps) and it's less than 2 full games of offensive snaps. That means he's averaging 1 sack and 1.5 penalties per game. And the Washington game was without Orakpo. I'd be willing to bet 95% of NFL fans couldn't tell you who Brian Orakpo's back up player is without looking it up.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:

Add up his total number of offensive (non special teams snaps) and it's less than 2 full games of offensive snaps. That means he's averaging 1 sack and 1.5 penalties per game. And the Washington game was without Orakpo. I'd be willing to bet 95% of NFL fans couldn't tell you who Brian Orakpo's back up player is without looking it up.

Nothing you just said changes the fact that you were wrong and I was right with my comment. Laughing

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:

Nothing you just said changes the fact that you were wrong and I was right with my comment. Laughing

plan9misfit wrote:

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:

Only one problem... I wasn't wrong about anything. I simply gave a factual stat.

But don't worry, it's cool. Now, you're a big fan of Jeremy Parnell's play. You're a big fan of Nate Livings' play. You're a big fan of Jason Garrett mismanagement and discipline. You have a history of defending Jerry Jones at all costs. You are the forum champion of under-performing.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeremy Parnell has given up 2 sacks for negative 17 yards. He also has 2 false starts and 1 holding penalty to his credit. He hasn't played in all 12 games. Not like Smith or Free anyway. Just because a guy comes out and blocks on a FG or something doesn't mean he played a premier position on the offensive line. He has done that in less than 2 games this season. These are facts. You can make what you want of them, but you can't make them false. The fact is he is an undrafted defensive end out of Mississippi, who has been converted to an offensive tackle, and has little to no NFL game experience. I think everyone needs to simmer down now.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9604&team=6

I know Free is bad and it's easy to get excited about him being benched, but lets not act like Parnell is the next Ogden. He may turn into a great player. He may be out of the league in 3 years. One is more likely than the other right now. None of you have a large enough sample size to deem him great, or doomed for that matter. We can all just go by what we have so far, which isn't much. What he has done in his limited time is NOTHING to write home about. He has NOT looked elite ONCE. He has NOT faced anybody who is a superior NFL player in a game. He HAS looked terrible at times though. He has also looked decent at times. That is all.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great. One minute you guys say Red can't hold his players accountable, the next minute you want Free to stay in over Parnell.

Unbelievable. Lets face it. Its likely Free won't be back next year. It makes sense to put a younger, more athletic guy in the RT spot and see what he's got. His contract is 3 yrs for 4 mil. If he plays well, it makes Free expendable. Its a chance worth taking.

Thanks to SHSTE

matt79511

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
This is great. One minute you guys say Red can't hold his players accountable, the next minute you want Free to stay in over Parnell.

Unbelievable. Lets face it. Its likely Free won't be back next year. It makes sense to put a younger, more athletic guy in the RT spot and see what he's got. His contract is 3 yrs for 4 mil. If he plays well, it makes Free expendable. Its a chance worth taking.

It's more that this is just proof that the coaching staff has eyes rather than something groundbreaking.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:

Of course we want the coaches to hold Doug Free accountable. Nobody ever said Free should or shouldn't start. When Matts starts presenting Parnell as the next Jonathan Ogden based on this performance against Washington's back up OLB... It's time to reel things back in a little. That's all.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:

Of course we want the coaches to hold Doug Free accountable. Nobody ever said Free should or shouldn't start. When Matts starts presenting Parnell as the next Jonathan Ogden based on this performance against Washington's back up OLB... It's time to reel things back in a little. That's all.

Some times I wonder how you made it through law school with out being able to read.

All I did was give a fact... In his one start, he played a clean game. Nothing more, nothing less. Can you comprehend that or is it to complicated? Notice.. The word champion and big fan were not used.

plan9misfit wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: