Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Beasly and Harris have had more targets and/or production the last 3 games. I think they are clearly phasing ogletree out.

Good....good....

^^^mack
canadaluvsdalla

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even know Parnell started the Thanksgiving game. Damn his side was quiet all night!

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time re Parnell splitting time with Free. I don't think it matters who you have as backup when a player is getting paid as much as Free is, and he is to put it mildly underperforming then getting him to split reps is a good move. Whether it serves to motivate Free to pick up his game remains to be seen.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:

On another note, Ogletree remains the 3rd WR? I certainly cannot understand why.

A lot of it has to do where they play. They like to, when there are three WRs, line up Miles in the Slot or put him in motion. Harris or Cole would not be effective on the outside.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have called for this after watching Parnell play on Thanksgiving. Ask errybody.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
I have called for this after watching Parnell play on Thanksgiving. Ask errybody.

I think most people have been calling for this. I have been almost the entire season. I have always liked parnells potential.
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who exactly was Parnell going up against on Thanksgiving? Kerrigan plays the other side almost exclusively as far as I know. Still, hard to believe he could be worse than Free.

Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Who exactly was Parnell going up against on Thanksgiving? Kerrigan plays the other side almost exclusively as far as I know. Still, hard to believe he could be worse than Free.

It doesn't matter who it was. They didn't even provide pressure one time thats for sure.

I do like this move. We will have two athletic tackles.

Oh JG your play calling isn't much but damn if this works out we know for sure all the personall desicions for the past 2 years were yours for sure. Which are mostly good ones.

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Parnell is very good at all. He will struggle just like Free, and he has struggled in his limited action. He only has 1 start to his credit and has allowed multiple sacks and penalties. The the thing is you can't get much worse than Free, so he should be paid like Parnell is, or cut all together.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
More Proof that Redball is powder cake coach 2.0

As repeatedly said in the Redball thread - there is just simply no player accountability. Like how he didnt bench Felix Jones from KR's - showing that he is Jerrys puppet. And he def. didnt bench Dez Bryant from PR's for being careless with the ball. And now we have Free, who is being nurtured like a baby.

Once again Jerry GM stated earlier this week he has not lost faith in Free Link, so therefor Doug is under no pressure of being benched.

Hell, even talking piece of the franchise, beat writer/scout Bryan Broddus concludes the same...

Quote:
Youíve watched the tape on Doug Free for the last few weeks and youíve seen Parnell play as well. Even though Free has struggled, do the Cowboys have any options to get better this year?

Broaddus: Parnell is an option but until you hear that he is splitting reps with Free at right tackle then this move will not happen. Coaches are creatures of habit in that they just donít like to make a lot of changes.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/3-Pressing-Questions-Broaddus-Discusses-Right-Tackle-Zimmer/753cbdc4-1475-4f32-bc37-78cf46e9a258

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm... Wait a second. thats not right...

Garrett ignored JJ and benched Felix?
He also benched his start WR who was begging for PR duties?
But... then that could possibly mean......

NICK EATMAN TODAY ON COWBOYS BREAK SAID THE COWBOYS ARE SPLITTING TIME THIS WEEK BETWEEN PARNELL AND FREE AT RT

Here is a related article about Parnell:

Quote:
ďThat might not sound very significant, but itís really significant for a guy who hasnít played very much to go out there in those critical situations. And to be honest with you, early on in the year, he didnít handle it very well. But we felt it was important to persist with that, keep giving him chances. Heís gotten better and better just in handling the situation, the snap count, his assignments, their adjustments. He improved, and I think it helped him when he played when Tyron was out.Ē

But left tackle appears to be manned with Smith. Right tackle might open up if the Cowboys decide to move on from Doug Free.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/cowboys-encouraged-by-parnells-rally-from-rough-start-to-season-will-talk-about-him-at-right-tackle.html#storylink=cpy

About 6 weeks too late, but a good start. The next move should be removing him from the team.

On another note, Ogletree remains the 3rd WR? I certainly cannot understand why.

pp, I think your are failing to see that only a truly innovative disciplinarian of a head coach would even consider having a back up player take extra practice reps from the most penalized and physically overmatched player in the NFL. This is pretty much unchartered territory in the NFL.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
pierrepet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
pierrepet wrote:

A lot of it has to do where they play. They like to, when there are three WRs, line up Miles in the Slot or put him in motion. Harris or Cole would not be effective on the outside.

I get that, but it still does not change my opinion. Ogletree is worthless and cannot be trusted. He has no business getting reps with this offense.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
pierrepet wrote:

I get that, but it still does not change my opinion. Ogletree is worthless and cannot be trusted. He has no business getting reps with this offense.

Preaching to the choir. I don't know of anyone that actively predicted against Otree more than I did this off-season. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
pierrepet wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
More Proof that Redball is powder cake coach 2.0

As repeatedly said in the Redball thread - there is just simply no player accountability. Like how he didnt bench Felix Jones from KR's - showing that he is Jerrys puppet. And he def. didnt bench Dez Bryant from PR's for being careless with the ball. And now we have Free, who is being nurtured like a baby.

Once again Jerry GM stated earlier this week he has not lost faith in Free Link, so therefor Doug is under no pressure of being benched.

Hell, even talking piece of the franchise, beat writer/scout Bryan Broddus concludes the same...

Quote:
Youíve watched the tape on Doug Free for the last few weeks and youíve seen Parnell play as well. Even though Free has struggled, do the Cowboys have any options to get better this year?

Broaddus: Parnell is an option but until you hear that he is splitting reps with Free at right tackle then this move will not happen. Coaches are creatures of habit in that they just donít like to make a lot of changes.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/article-BryanBroaddusBlog/3-Pressing-Questions-Broaddus-Discusses-Right-Tackle-Zimmer/753cbdc4-1475-4f32-bc37-78cf46e9a258

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm... Wait a second. thats not right...

Garrett ignored JJ and benched Felix?
He also benched his start WR who was begging for PR duties?
But... then that could possibly mean......

NICK EATMAN TODAY ON COWBOYS BREAK SAID THE COWBOYS ARE SPLITTING TIME THIS WEEK BETWEEN PARNELL AND FREE AT RT

Here is a related article about Parnell:

Quote:
ďThat might not sound very significant, but itís really significant for a guy who hasnít played very much to go out there in those critical situations. And to be honest with you, early on in the year, he didnít handle it very well. But we felt it was important to persist with that, keep giving him chances. Heís gotten better and better just in handling the situation, the snap count, his assignments, their adjustments. He improved, and I think it helped him when he played when Tyron was out.Ē

But left tackle appears to be manned with Smith. Right tackle might open up if the Cowboys decide to move on from Doug Free.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2012/12/cowboys-encouraged-by-parnells-rally-from-rough-start-to-season-will-talk-about-him-at-right-tackle.html#storylink=cpy

About 6 weeks too late, but a good start. The next move should be removing him from the team.

pp, I think your are failing to see that only a truly innovative disciplinarian of a head coach would even consider having a back up player take extra practice reps from the most penalized and physically overmatched player in the NFL. This is pretty much unchartered territory in the NFL.

Is he really the most overmatched or is it just your opinion? Have you watched all the other lineman play this year and thats how you know he is the most overmatched??? most penalized, maybe, Id have to check on that one
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
I don't think Parnell is very good at all. He will struggle just like Free, and he has struggled in his limited action. He only has 1 start to his credit and has allowed multiple sacks and penalties. The the thing is you can't get much worse than Free, so he should be paid like Parnell is, or cut all together.

Maybe your talking about a different game but against Washington when he started at LT, he played pretty dang well for a guy making his first start there. Heck he was basically just as good as Tyron Smith has been this year. I went back and rewatched the game and watched him the whole time. He was good. Not great. Just good and I tend to think he could do just as good a job as Free. He has some issues with inside moves, but did very well against speed rushes and bull rushes. Also, got some nice push in the run game.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
DaBoys wrote:

Maybe your talking about a different game but against Washington when he started at LT, he played pretty dang well for a guy making his first start there. Heck he was basically just as good as Tyron Smith has been this year. I went back and rewatched the game and watched him the whole time. He was good. Not great. Just good and I tend to think he could do just as good a job as Free. He has some issues with inside moves, but did very well against speed rushes and bull rushes. Also, got some nice push in the run game.

Yeah, I read that his first ever start he came out clean - 0 penalties 0 sacks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: