Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Garrett and Jerry on Doug Free/Parnell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Jeremy Parnell has given up 2 sacks for negative 17 yards. He also has 2 false starts and 1 holding penalty to his credit. He hasn't played in all 12 games. Not like Smith or Free anyway. Just because a guy comes out and blocks on a FG or something doesn't mean he played a premier position on the offensive line. He has done that in less than 2 games this season. These are facts. You can make what you want of them, but you can't make them false. The fact is he is an undrafted defensive end out of Mississippi, who has been converted to an offensive tackle, and has little to no NFL game experience. I think everyone needs to simmer down now.

http://hosted.stats.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=9604&team=6

I know Free is bad and it's easy to get excited about him being benched, but lets not act like Parnell is the next Ogden. He may turn into a great player. He may be out of the league in 3 years. One is more likely than the other right now. None of you have a large enough sample size to deem him great, or doomed for that matter. We can all just go by what we have so far, which isn't much. What he has done in his limited time is NOTHING to write home about. He has NOT looked elite ONCE. He has NOT faced anybody who is a superior NFL player in a game. He HAS looked terrible at times though. He has also looked decent at times. That is all.

Great post. Well done.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wrote:
This is great. One minute you guys say Red can't hold his players accountable, the next minute you want Free to stay in over Parnell.

Unbelievable. Lets face it. Its likely Free won't be back next year. It makes sense to put a younger, more athletic guy in the RT spot and see what he's got. His contract is 3 yrs for 4 mil. If he plays well, it makes Free expendable. Its a chance worth taking.

Who wants Free to stay in over Parnell? I didn't scroll back through, so I may be wrong, but the general consensus I got was that we were happy about the move. Free is very highly paid, and Parnell is not. Parnell hasn't looked like a top 5 tackle, but Free has been down right terrible. Parnell may be, just as terrible. But if Parnell can prove he can at least play at the same level of terrible it makes, as you said, Free easier to get rid of. If indeed it can get easier. I am happy about the move, if indeed there will be a move. The reason I'm happy is because of Free getting benched, not because Parnell is the guy replacing him. That's all I'm saying.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
WareWolf94 wrote:
This is great. One minute you guys say Red can't hold his players accountable, the next minute you want Free to stay in over Parnell.

Unbelievable. Lets face it. Its likely Free won't be back next year. It makes sense to put a younger, more athletic guy in the RT spot and see what he's got. His contract is 3 yrs for 4 mil. If he plays well, it makes Free expendable. Its a chance worth taking.

Who wants Free to stay in over Parnell? I didn't scroll back through, so I may be wrong, but the general consensus I got was that we were happy about the move. Free is very highly paid, and Parnell is not. Parnell hasn't looked like a top 5 tackle, but Free has been down right terrible. Parnell may be, just as terrible. But if Parnell can prove he can at least play at the same level of terrible it makes, as you said, Free easier to get rid of. If indeed it can get easier. I am happy about the move, if indeed there will be a move. The reason I'm happy is because of Free getting benched, not because Parnell is the guy replacing him. That's all I'm saying.

I take the statements made about Parnell being terrible as signs of people being unwilling of seeing a change. That's just my opinion. You can't tell what this guy is going to be until he has a body of work.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I felt similar to you WW94. A lot of people making a fuss about free, then also making a fuss when we try to look at other options.

oh well, i guess.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work Jerry and Jason. It was clear in today's game that Free really learned his lesson. It was nice to see Garrett step up and bench Free!!! I admit, I was wrong, Garrett knows what he was doing!!!!! It is nice to see some accountability on this team!!!!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It worked Very Happy
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/12/9/3747908/cardiac-cowboys-latest-second-half-comeback-a-last-second-one-beat/in/3511059

Quote:
The Cowboys alternated right tackles Doug Free and Jermey Parnell on every other posession, but both they and Tyron Smith allowed pressures on Romo for the first three quarters. At one point late in the game, Nate Livings was injured but thankfully the Cowboys didn't put Derrick Dockery in, they put Parnell at left guard and earned a first down on a run by DeMarco Murray to the left side.

Shocked

I didn't realize that. I know that we went almost exclusively with Free in the 4th. But Parnell as a OG? Weird.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
DaBoys wrote:
I don't think Parnell is very good at all. He will struggle just like Free, and he has struggled in his limited action. He only has 1 start to his credit and has allowed multiple sacks and penalties. The the thing is you can't get much worse than Free, so he should be paid like Parnell is, or cut all together.

Maybe your talking about a different game but against Washington when he started at LT, he played pretty dang well for a guy making his first start there. Heck he was basically just as good as Tyron Smith has been this year. I went back and rewatched the game and watched him the whole time. He was good. Not great. Just good and I tend to think he could do just as good a job as Free. He has some issues with inside moves, but did very well against speed rushes and bull rushes. Also, got some nice push in the run game.

Yeah, I read that his first ever start he came out clean - 0 penalties 0 sacks

I honestly just sit here and SMH at the things people say on this site. In 1.5 games, Parnell has given 2 sacks and had 3 penalties (2 FSs and 1 hold).

So Do I sir
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012/12/9/3747908/cardiac-cowboys-latest-second-half-comeback-a-last-second-one-beat/in/3511059

Quote:
The Cowboys alternated right tackles Doug Free and Jermey Parnell on every other posession, but both they and Tyron Smith allowed pressures on Romo for the first three quarters. At one point late in the game, Nate Livings was injured but thankfully the Cowboys didn't put Derrick Dockery in, they put Parnell at left guard and earned a first down on a run by DeMarco Murray to the left side.

Shocked

I didn't realize that. I know that we went almost exclusively with Free in the 4th. But Parnell as a OG? Weird.

Interesting

^^^mack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: