Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Discussion- Offseason Non-Roster Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We can make all the excuses we want for the offence but the fact remains thy are 31st in scoring.

Also the Bears are currently 13th in PPG at 24.5...not 31st.

Take the defensive points out and see what happens, they go to 24th in the league in points for.

Sorry, we are 30th in yards per game.

We can make all the excuses that we want, but improvement from Mike Tice got us 14 points and that is sad.

Yes, Mike Tice has improved, but he has improved from awful to not good at all which to me doesn't really matter when you are trying to beat Atlanta, SF ad Green Bay in the playoffs.

lol you can't just take out points because it doesn't back your point up...I couldn't care less about yardage...I only care about scoring and as a team we are 13th in the NFL in points scored.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
We can make all the excuses we want for the offence but the fact remains thy are 31st in scoring.

Take the defensive points out and see what happens, they go to 24th in the league in points for.

We can make all the excuses that we want, but improvement from Mike Tice got us 14 points and that is sad.

Yes, Mike Tice has improved, but he has improved from awful to not good at all which to me doesn't really matter when you are trying to beat Atlanta, SF ad Green Bay in the playoffs.

lol you can't just take out points because it doesn't back your point up...I couldn't care less about yardage...I only care about scoring and as a team we are 13th in the NFL in points scored.

You can when we are talking about the offence and they did not score those points.

But count them and say we are 13th and watch us free fall as the defensive scores have dried up.

Continue to think Mike Tice is a good OC and defending Mike Tice's so called improvement.

I will be over here with the rest of the football community who has realized that he is in way over his head, runs a beyond basic offence, and cannot make adjustments.

Last edited by WindyCity on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

You can when we are talking about the offence.

Continue to think Mike Tice is a good OC and defending Mike Tice's so called improvement.

I will be over here with the rest of the football community who has realized that he is in way over his head, runs a beyond basic offence,l and cannot make adjustments.

Sure you overreact after just 12 games...it's nothing new...as I said before many offences take more than 1 year to start to come together.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I doubt we see Norv here. We fired his brother three years ago from the same position, and I'm sure he'll have plenty of options for OC.

Ya I highly doubt that either. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but also because Norv runs a similar type offense to Mike Martz in the Air Coryell system, and Jay has made it known that he was not a huge fan of that type of offense. Jay is more of a see and do it type QB and not one who relies on timing.

I believe if Tice gets the boot or demotion to O line coach Bates will have his job.

It should have happened already Ticr has proven that he sucks.

Might as well give Bates a shot.

The last two games have been a big big improvement from Tice IMO.

There has been improvement.

But we still only scored 14 points last week, and I know Bennett dropped a TD but all teams have stuff like that happen.

And when we need 1st downs we could not get them.

In fairness we were up against the #4 ranked D in the NFL…#3 in points allowed per game.

In fairness the Dolphins scored over 20 on them, with a rookie QB, rookie LT and Brian Hartline as their #1 WR.

Both teams have professional players on them. Nobody outside of maybe STL will say the Rams are better than the 49ers but SF couldn't beat them this year. The '85 Bears were better than Miami but still got rolled on MNF. It happens to every team. If it didn't then the NFL would have had at least one undefeated team in the past 40 years since the '72 Dolphins.

No one is talking about which team is better or if the Bears are a good team or not.

What I was saying was that while Mike Tice has improved, it is still pretty pathetic on offense. His improvement got us 17 points and an inability to kill the clock when we needed too.

We have a #1 WR
We have a franchise QB
We have a Pro Bowl RB
And last week we had our OL actually played well

And with all of this we managed 17 points, which is not good enough in today's NFL.

Again, Seattle has professional defenders too. Good ones. They are one of the best defenses in the league. I certainly won't argue that Tice is a good OC but you are completely discounting what the opponent does when you say that we have all of these talented players with disappointing results. Leaving 10 points on the table last week had absolutely zero to do with Tice, and it's unfair to hold Bennett's drop and Lovie's decision to go for it on 4th down (the only reasons we didn't have 27 points last week against that excellent Seattle defense) against him.

Also, and maybe I'm alone in this, but the pro bowl RB we have has had a very underwhelming season IMO. Not sure if the change from Martz's scheme (which he was ideal for) to Tice is to blame, injuries or even a slight loss in drive now that he got the big deal, but I definitely don't see the same big play ability in Forte this year. He has looked very very average this year IMO.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I doubt we see Norv here. We fired his brother three years ago from the same position, and I'm sure he'll have plenty of options for OC.

Ya I highly doubt that either. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but also because Norv runs a similar type offense to Mike Martz in the Air Coryell system, and Jay has made it known that he was not a huge fan of that type of offense. Jay is more of a see and do it type QB and not one who relies on timing.

I believe if Tice gets the boot or demotion to O line coach Bates will have his job.

But we still only scored 14 points last week, and I know Bennett dropped a TD but all teams have stuff like that happen.

In fairness we were up against the #4 ranked D in the NFL…#3 in points allowed per game.

In fairness the Dolphins scored over 20 on them, with a rookie QB, rookie LT and Brian Hartline as their #1 WR.

Both teams have professional players on them. Nobody outside of maybe STL will say the Rams are better than the 49ers but SF couldn't beat them this year. The '85 Bears were better than Miami but still got rolled on MNF. It happens to every team. If it didn't then the NFL would have had at least one undefeated team in the past 40 years since the '72 Dolphins.

No one is talking about which team is better or if the Bears are a good team or not.

What I was saying was that while Mike Tice has improved, it is still pretty pathetic on offense. His improvement got us 17 points and an inability to kill the clock when we needed too.

We have a #1 WR
We have a franchise QB
We have a Pro Bowl RB

And with all of this we managed 17 points, which is not good enough in today's NFL.

Again, Seattle has professional defenders too. Good ones. They are one of the best defenses in the league. I certainly won't argue that Tice is a good OC but you are completely discounting what the opponent does when you say that we have all of these talented players with disappointing results. Leaving 10 points on the table last week had absolutely zero to do with Tice, and it's unfair to hold Bennett's drop and Lovie's decision to go for it on 4th down (the only reasons we didn't have 27 points last week against that excellent Seattle defense) against him.

Also, and maybe I'm alone in this, but the pro bowl RB we have has had a very underwhelming season IMO. Not sure if the change from Martz's scheme (which he was ideal for) to Tice is to blame, injuries or even a slight loss in drive now that he got the big deal, but I definitely don't see the same big play ability in Forte this year. He has looked very very average this year IMO.
TBF AZ, up until his recent ankle injury, he was avg 5.0 ypc this year. He was not average at all, even tho the OC treated him like he was.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

We have a #1 WR
We have a franchise QB
We have a Pro Bowl RB

TBF AZ, up until his recent ankle injury, he was avg 5.0 ypc this year. He was not average at all, even tho the OC treated him like he was.

The average per carry was there but not the big plays. He only has 3 runs of 20+ yards in 179 carries this year. Last year he had 12 runs of 20+ yards in 203 carries. I'm not saying he has been bad, but he hasn't shown that same "it" he had last year as a runner to me, and that is only amplified by the relative lack of use of him in the passing game. I am just hoping that has been a product of being nicked up basically all year like he was in 2009 and not the start of his decline due to his immense workload going back to his last year at Tulane.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
If Emery publicly stated that Lovie might get fired (or implies that) while the team is 8-4 and still in the wildcard spot, regardless of how they've been playing lately, that would cause a huge distraction in the locker room, with the media, etc.
In 1977 the Bears were doing nothing much 3-4 when they went into Houston and suffered one of the worst defeats in franchise history losing 0-47. Jim Finks was GM and was asked if coach Jack Pardee would be back since his contract was up without much prior success (4-10, 7-7). Finks refused to give him a vote of confidence after that game but the Bears went on a rampage and won every game the rest of that year to finish 9-5 and make the playoffs. They got to return to Texas so the Cowboys could beat the crap out of them.

Turns out that Washington hired Pardee away from us as he was p.o.ed about the no confidence vote and we were set back for a couple of years.

So there is no reason for Emery to say anything and every reason not to.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

The point is that a Team cannot depend upon scoring from atypical sources. The Team is constructed so that the part of the Team which is designed to score points, scores points. Defensive scores are FAR too rare to be the basis of many victories as the last month has clearly shown. And your offense has to be able to outscore the other team's defense (the negative reflection of your offense) to win. Yesterday our offense did not.

I am in agreement with your point that the offense this year is a work in progress but it has not been improving throughout the year either absolutely or relatively to last year for many reasons. Our best game was our first game.
JPeppers90

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No to Bates as OC. I want a proven OC in this league and I want Jon Gruden as our head coach.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeppers90 wrote:
No to Bates as OC. I want a proven OC in this league and I want Jon Gruden as our head coach.
Gruden might be ready to run after the crap he had to watch this year on MNF. Look at that blowout tonight. Bellichik just toys with the rest of the league. Like Ditka in his day.
C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:
Gruden might be ready to run after the crap he had to watch this year on MNF. Look at that blowout tonight. Bellichik just toys with the rest of the league. Like Ditka in his day.

It seems there could be at number of openings next year.

Cleveland
San Diego
Chicago
Philly
Dallas
Arizona

I'd be making phone calls real soon as I'm sure many of these other teams are doing so right now. We just might have to go with Lovie for another year if we're late to the dance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Cleveland
San Diego
Chicago
Philly
Dallas
Arizona

I'd be making phone calls real soon as I'm sure many of these other teams are doing so right now. We just might have to go with Lovie for another year if we're late to the dance.

New York Jets, Carolina, and Oakland are possibilities as well.

As for our head coaching opening, I prefer Bill Cowher.
C

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
C wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Cleveland
San Diego
Chicago
Philly
Dallas
Arizona

I think the Raiders are sticking with Allen, but 6 seems to be a safe number. I have a sinking feeling that sticking with Lovie will emerge as a best case scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
C wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Cleveland
San Diego
Chicago
Philly
Dallas
Arizona

I think the Raiders are sticking with Allen, but 6 seems to be a safe number. I have a sinking feeling that sticking with Lovie will emerge as a best case scenario.

I think Dallas will surge late, and the guy in Oakland is probably safe, but the Jets front office is probably dead.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
JPeppers90 wrote:

Cleveland
San Diego
Chicago
Philly
Dallas
Arizona

To add to your list,

Will Be

Tennessee
NY Jets
Carolina
Kansas City

Could Be

Buffalo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: