Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Discussion- Offseason Non-Roster Changes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madmike90

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
If Emery publicly stated that Lovie might get fired (or implies that) while the team is 8-4 and still in the wildcard spot, regardless of how they've been playing lately, that would cause a huge distraction in the locker room, with the media, etc.

But he has also not publicly supported him, which would unify the locker room.

The silence is interesting as a ton of info is leaking about other coaches.

By bad GMs and Organizations…Emery has put up the wall of silence that keeps everyone guessing…which is the best way to have it…there will be plenty of talk going on within the organization on all levels.
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
I doubt we see Norv here. We fired his brother three years ago from the same position, and I'm sure he'll have plenty of options for OC.

Ya I highly doubt that either. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but also because Norv runs a similar type offense to Mike Martz in the Air Coryell system, and Jay has made it known that he was not a huge fan of that type of offense. Jay is more of a see and do it type QB and not one who relies on timing.
ak06max

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
I doubt we see Norv here. We fired his brother three years ago from the same position, and I'm sure he'll have plenty of options for OC.

Ya I highly doubt that either. Not only for the reasons you mentioned but also because Norv runs a similar type offense to Mike Martz in the Air Coryell system, and Jay has made it known that he was not a huge fan of that type of offense. Jay is more of a see and do it type QB and not one who relies on timing.

I believe if Tice gets the boot or demotion to O line coach Bates will have his job.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

I believe if Tice gets the boot or demotion to O line coach Bates will have his job.

It should have happened already Ticr has proven that he sucks.

Might as well give Bates a shot.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

The last two games have been a big big improvement from Tice IMO.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

There has been improvement.

But we still only scored 14 points last week, and I know Bennett dropped a TD but all teams have stuff like that happen.

And when we need 1st downs we could not get them.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

But we still only scored 14 points last week, and I know Bennett dropped a TD but all teams have stuff like that happen.

In fairness we were up against the #4 ranked D in the NFL…#3 in points allowed per game.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

In fairness we were up against the #4 ranked D in the NFL…#3 in points allowed per game.

In fairness the Dolphins scored over 20 on them, with a rookie QB, rookie LT and Brian Hartline as their #1 WR.

We can make all the excuses we want for the offence but the fact remains thy are 31st in scoring.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

In fairness the Dolphins scored over 20 on them, with a rookie QB, rookie LT and Brian Hartline as their #1 WR.

We can make all the excuses we want for the offence but the fact remains thy are 31st in scoring.

The Dolphins don’t have anything to do with it…every team this year has had bad games…

I don’t really know what you were expecting from a first year OC who had never called plays before and who was working with a lot of not only new parts but also changing parts due to injury…very few offences come together in one year and it is impatient and impractical to think ours would.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Both teams have professional players on them. Nobody outside of maybe STL will say the Rams are better than the 49ers but SF couldn't beat them this year. The '85 Bears were better than Miami but still got rolled on MNF. It happens to every team. If it didn't then the NFL would have had at least one undefeated team in the past 40 years since the '72 Dolphins.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:

Also the Bears are currently 13th in PPG at 24.5...not 31st.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

Also the Bears are currently 13th in PPG at 24.5...not 31st.

Take the defensive points out and see what happens, they go to 24th in the league in points for.

Sorry, we are 30th in yards per game.

We can make all the excuses that we want, but improvement from Mike Tice got us 14 points and that is sad.

Yes, Mike Tice has improved, but he has improved from awful to not good at all which to me doesn't really matter when you are trying to beat Atlanta, SF ad Green Bay in the playoffs.

Last edited by WindyCity on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

Both teams have professional players on them. Nobody outside of maybe STL will say the Rams are better than the 49ers but SF couldn't beat them this year. The '85 Bears were better than Miami but still got rolled on MNF. It happens to every team. If it didn't then the NFL would have had at least one undefeated team in the past 40 years since the '72 Dolphins.

No one is talking about which team is better or if the Bears are a good team or not.

What I was saying was that while Mike Tice has improved, it is still pretty pathetic on offense. His improvement got us 17 points and an inability to kill the clock when we needed too.

We have a #1 WR
We have a franchise QB
We have a Pro Bowl RB
And last week we had our OL actually played well

And with all of this we managed 17 points, which is not good enough in today's NFL.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

No one is talking about which team is better or if the Bears are a good team or not.

What I was saying was that while Mike Tice has improved, it is still pretty pathetic on offense. His improvement got us 17 points and an inability to kill the clock when we needed too.

We have a #1 WR
We have a franchise QB
We have a Pro Bowl RB

And with all of this we managed 17 points, which is not good enough in today's NFL.

You also must recall that outside of Marshall, we were throwing at an UDFA, a special teams guy who hadn't seen an offensive snap and two tight ends who can't catch to save their lives.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
ak06max wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:

We have a #1 WR
We have a franchise QB
We have a Pro Bowl RB

You also must recall that outside of Marshall, we were throwing at an UDFA, a special teams guy who hadn't seen an offensive snap and two tight ends who can't catch to save their lives.

I understand there are weaknesses, but we should be better than we are with the talent that we have and that falls on the feet of Mike Tice.

And if you make the OL argument that falls at Mike Tices feet as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: