You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wes Welker Circa 2012.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
x0x


Joined: 10 Jul 2008
Posts: 17032
Location: Ontario, Canada
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Wes Welker Circa 2012. Reply with quote

The man is leading the league in receptions for a fourth time, and looks poised to hit 120+ once again.


Will he make Pro Bowl? What about an all-pro?


And how does this add to his Hall of Fame legacy?
_________________
Legends Never Die. They Breathe Through The New Generation.
100 Greatest Quarterbacks of All Time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3355
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Wes Welker Circa 2012. Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
The man is leading the league in receptions for a fourth time, and looks poised to hit 120+ once again.


Will he make Pro Bowl? What about an all-pro?


And how does this add to his Hall of Fame legacy?


If he goes 110 or more catches I think he has to be considered for the hall of fame, just out of the stupid his catch statistics are compared to anyone else ever.

I think it would be wise for him to stay in New England, and if he can pull out two more seaons with 100 ore more catchs it will put him in the 1000 catch club faster than anyone else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dalton


Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 4464
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probowl? Maybe.
All-Pro? Doubtful.
HOF? Not a chance.
Hall of Very Good? Yes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OneBadCat


Joined: 24 Aug 2012
Posts: 726
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he makes it to the HOF something is very wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiwibrown


Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 3355
Location: NZ
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalton wrote:
Probowl? Maybe.
All-Pro? Doubtful.
HOF? Not a chance.
Hall of Very Good? Yes.


If you do no think he is hall of fame potential i think you are crazy. He is the new prototype slot receiver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mco65


Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 534
Location: US
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's way too early to even think about it..
He' gonna have to post 5 more years statistically just like the last 5 or no. he is not HOF..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lionslicer


Joined: 06 Nov 2010
Posts: 1820
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The year he gets 100 receptions and the Patriots don't have a deep threat is the year I start thinking about HOF for him. Those tight ends pretty much clear up all short routes.
_________________
Kickers are people too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4739
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwibrown wrote:
Dalton wrote:
Probowl? Maybe.
All-Pro? Doubtful.
HOF? Not a chance.
Hall of Very Good? Yes.


If you do no think he is hall of fame potential i think you are crazy. He is the new prototype slot receiver.
Then Brandon Stokley would get in, not Welker.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sansoftime


Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 95
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top wideout today not debatable. Hall of fame is looking really good for my boy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Cryptkeeper


Joined: 14 Jan 2008
Posts: 2464
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Wes Welker Circa 2012. Reply with quote

x0x wrote:
The man is leading the league in receptions for a fourth time, and looks poised to hit 120+ once again.


Will he make Pro Bowl? What about an all-pro?


And how does this add to his Hall of Fame legacy?


1)Probably

2) Perhaps

3) It certainly helps, but he's still got a long way to go. His production started blowing up too late in his career to do enough to get in. He averages 11 ypc; he'd probably need at least 400 more receptions for a decent argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sansoftime


Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 95
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:
The year he gets 100 receptions and the Patriots don't have a deep threat is the year I start thinking about HOF for him. Those tight ends pretty much clear up all short routes.


Then how come no lion other than cj will get a 100 receptions? Exactly what he does is special
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sansoftime


Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 95
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Kiwibrown wrote:
Dalton wrote:
Probowl? Maybe.
All-Pro? Doubtful.
HOF? Not a chance.
Hall of Very Good? Yes.


If you do no think he is hall of fame potential i think you are crazy. He is the new prototype slot receiver.
Then Brandon Stokley would get in, not Welker.


Yea because stokley has had Wes Welker numbers right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3508
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheen, cmon man, you gotta inject the Colts into every topic? Stokley isn't even in the same universe as Welker.

Welker won't get in because although he has the numbers of a great receiver, he isn't perceived as a true number 1 guy. Plus, WR is a really tough position to get into the Hall.
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sansoftime


Joined: 09 Sep 2012
Posts: 95
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OneBadCat wrote:
If he makes it to the HOF something is very wrong.


Something was wrong when Lynn swan made the hall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 26321
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sansoftime wrote:
lionslicer wrote:
The year he gets 100 receptions and the Patriots don't have a deep threat is the year I start thinking about HOF for him. Those tight ends pretty much clear up all short routes.


Then how come no lion other than cj will get a 100 receptions? Exactly what he does is special
Hahahahaha

Oh boy. Because Welker does have a nice set of hands and runs some nice short and intermediate routes. But more than anything because Welker is consistently targeted because he is put in a position to be consistently targeted.

Welker does nothing better than Anquan Boldin to be frank. He's just in a scheme that benefits him greatly. Welker and Boldin are both good receivers, and Welker has aged better than Boldin, but neither are HOF types.
_________________
<Rammy

#1 ET Supporter
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group