Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Building A Bully
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Eaglescap are missing his remaining guaranteed money which was in the link you previously posted. Here, let me help you:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/desean-jackson/

2013: $4 million is guaranteed; $2.75 million is guaranteed for injury only
2014: $250,000 is guaranteed; $250,000 is guaranteed for injury only

Thank you for using that website to solidify just why this is the worst mock in history. Who trades a player with guaranteed salary left on the contract? It's one thing to do it with a player that has prorated signing bonus left, which is money that has already been paid out, but according to that website Desean has guaranteed salary yet to be paid. OMG this is a brain fart of a mock. I appreciate your third person assistance. I would have never been able to prove just why this is the worst mock in history without your efforts.
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this talk about the worst mock ever has me wondering if I should make a horrible mock. and i mean HORRIBLE
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
all this talk about the worst mock ever has me wondering if I should make a horrible mock. and i mean HORRIBLE

It's already been done: link.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came across this post in the prospects thread. He was boasting about the worst mock in history before ever posting it.

Meco wrote:
I think that I finally perfected my physical team mock. I went from spitballing to "Oh my goodness, I'd like this". I'll write everything out and post it in a few, I'd love it. We'd be straight up murdering people. I had us sign Dashon Goldson, draft Matt Elam and Tyrann Mathiue. Opposing WRs would probably start crying.

Laughing That post has just intensified the failure. He ran an advertisement campaign for the worst mock in history. "Coming to a thread near you, a mock where a player gets traded who not only counts millions against the cap in dead money, but he also has guaranteed salary yet to be paid!"
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like the trading of DeSean and keeping the soft of soft Maclin on the team.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we stop this damn bickering and actually discuss other parts of this draft also?
samwisebu

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple things I'd change.

Like everyone else stated we really can't trade Jackson so I'd trade Maclin whose soft for a 4th and a fifth next year and I'd draft the best available de maybe tank carridine falls that far due to injury but I highly doubt it.

Since in your scenario we have so much under the cap I'd throw that money at dewayne Bowe a true number one and a red zone target we haven't had since TO .

But pretty much everything else is awesome and id be estatic with it.
MJG123

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we're building a bully if Honey Badger is drafted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63IiXaudRSY

Can you imagine him trying to tackle an NFL running back with a full head of steam???
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJG123 wrote:

Can you imagine him trying to tackle an NFL running back with a full head of steam???

WTF? is that really him? What is he 5'5 145 lbs? He looks so tiny... he looks like small compared to Dion Lewis... Honey Badger? more like Honey Bee? .. The Cheerio Honey Bee would kick his aaassss broo..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJG123 wrote:

Yeah at least DRC would purposely take a bad angle run to the ballcarrier's side and lead the convoy safely out of bounds 8-10 yds downfield Rolling Eyes

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
The Kev-O

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would like to keep DeSean and I don't want any part of "Honey Badger", but I like it otherwise.

Thanks to Y2lamanaki
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall I like the mock.

Meco wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:

Oh, what happened to trading Jackson/Maclin is just stupid

Wink

I thought about it more and decided that DeSean Jackson annoys me. I have a very hot/cold relationship with DeSean. I didn't even want to re-sign him after last season. Then he played well. And then he started dogging it again and I want him gone again. I just hate wasting a roster spot on a guy who is out there dogging it. It's like we're playing with 10.5 guys when DeSean is in one of his funks.

This just made me chuckle because I reacall last week or two weeks ago you going on a tirade against anyone who didn't consider Jackson an elite WR. That said in this scenario I would much rather move Maclin who hasn't shown any elite qualities besides for elite inconsistency and elite injury history up to this point. I also love how you have us trading him to Miami but in the description below you describe how Miami trading Brandon Marshall worked out well.

I think my biggest knock in this Mock is the fact that you have 4 (5 if you counts Stills as the 3rd WR) Rookies penciled in for starting positions next season which is very unrealistic. You also have things like Elam in the starting line-up backed up by Thomas, which looks like a receipe for disaster in our secondary yet again. Rookies normally take time to adjust to the NFL game and throwing them to the wolves is the way to start off next year on a very bad foot.

I don't understand your cuts and resignings. You want to cut evey one that is worth any money (and even ones who aren't) then bring in some people who have been relegated to back-up roles. For example, I don't like getting rid of Chaney who just got back into the starting line-up and re-signing Akeem Jordan who defines mediocrity. Chaney is cheap and can back-up all 3 LB positions. Jordan should be no more than a special teams player on an NFL squad. Why cut Jenkins and bring in Sims just to start a rookie DT? one more year wouldn't hurt and its not like we wouldn't have the cap room to keep the more talented Jenkins over Sims.

That all said this mock looks good and I like the direction you're trying to point the team in, leaving cap space also allows for us to front end load some contract restructures and plan for the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: