Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tamba: "Coaches demanding more mentally"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Tamba: "Coaches demanding more mentally" Reply with quote

So in his few minutes with the media Tamba was asked about the new coaches and the difference and he immediately responded with that. "demanding more mentally", I think he even might have said "much more". Have we had coaches who didn't demand enough from our players previously? Is that why we are so "talented" but never winners? Stuff like this gets me really excited.

Also, he said that he can't compete with Justin as an athlete and it isn't even close. Houston's gonna be a rockstar OLB for years.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved when he spoke about Houston. Hali said he benched 360 for 6 reps? That is INSANE for a natural (knock on wood) athlete, who also has to focus on cardio and flexibility.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike Jarvis Jones, Houstons athletic ability was never in question coming out of the draft, that i remember at least. Im looking for a huge year from him.

Suttons defense demands movement and like TJ said to media that they're moving all over the defense, you have to have the mental aspect to excel in this attack style defense.

DJ said this:
Quote:
"All the blitzing. Personally, me doing different responsibilities as far as blitzing or covering tight ends here and there, it's testing my skills as a player and it tests everybody on this whole defense to play at a high level and you have to do your job; if you do your job, this defense will work for sure."

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0

Last edited by chiefs82 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it sad (though refreshing) that we're excited over the people being paid millions of dollars being asked to be more mentally committed to the game/gameplan.

I absolutely think Romeo's D was too simple and too safe. Which is exactly why it only worked some of the time.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't see a link, but this looks to be the same stuff...

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/22/4250537/tamba-hali-expects-he-and-justin.html

Quote:
“These (coaches) came from systems where they attacked. Nothing against our old system but there wasn’t attacking. We’re looking forward to this defense because (it allows the Chiefs) to attack, shoot gaps and push guys back and make plays.”

I love this! and it will only help Alex and the offense. Right away in the preseason games, we'll get a real sense of how well the KC offense has learned to counter the attacking styles of D. Going up against the Saints and 49ers defense will be a strong test (remember, the Saints now have Rob Ryan and he will be looking to test out his attacking style with the new team).

The Chiefs better be on their A game for the pass block adjustments and receiver hot routes.

___
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked that quote as well. The fact that these guys will openly admit that the DL was never supposed to penetrate or attack and that this one does really excites me. I want to see Dontari just shoving fools like rag dolls this year instead of just holding his ground and hoping some other guy makes the play.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued to see what happens to Jackson with this shift as well. I don't honestly know what to expect out of him. It has been well accepted that he has been very good against the run and god awful against the pass. But how much of that was the scheme? It is very possible he could actually be a fairly poor or mediocre run defender that was masked by that being his only job, or that he is a solid pass rusher, but that was being under-utilized by the scheme. Him and Poe will be interesting to watch this year.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
I'm intrigued to see what happens to Jackson with this shift as well. I don't honestly know what to expect out of him. It has been well accepted that he has been very good against the run and god awful against the pass. But how much of that was the scheme? It is very possible he could actually be a fairly poor or mediocre run defender that was masked by that being his only job, or that he is a solid pass rusher, but that was being under-utilized by the scheme. Him and Poe will be interesting to watch this year.

I think this is Poe's scheme. Let him 1 gap, and get upfield.

As for Jackson, Will be interesting, Sutton has him lining up all over and he' in a contract year.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

As for Jackson, Will be interesting, Sutton has him lining up all over and he' in a contract year.

Poe has an unreal burst for someone his size. The comparisons to Ngata Holati were not just smoke.

The one I want to see in the one gap is Alpha Bailey: sudden and explosive.
J

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
I loved when he spoke about Houston. Hali said he benched 360 for 6 reps? That is INSANE for a natural (knock on wood) athlete, who also has to focus on cardio and flexibility.

That is insane, but what's more insane is that Hali really said, " he can put 4 plates on each side and rep it 4 times."

That's gonna be FOUR HUNDRED and FIVE lbs (405 lbs). So he very well may be the strongest on the team lb for lb. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see McCluster throwing up twice his weight at a measly 360.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
Jakuvious wrote:

Undoubtedly. I never minded the Poe pick. I greatly minded Crennell making the Poe pick.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poe is going to establish himself as an elite NT in this scheme.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dgould117 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:

That is insane, but what's more insane is that Hali really said, " he can put 4 plates on each side and rep it 4 times."

That's gonna be FOUR HUNDRED and FIVE lbs (405 lbs). So he very well may be the strongest on the team lb for lb. Although, I wouldn't be surprised to see McCluster throwing up twice his weight at a measly 360.

You're right. I didn't count the bar as an extra 45.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... just the usual offseason talk and they honeymoon that is still lasting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: