Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Eagles (3-9) @ Buccaneers (6-6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Today should prove to everyone that the pass rush isn't the problem. It's the 1-AA level secondary we're throwing out there.

I'll admit I was wrong about that idea.

However, I think the inept offense is more to blame for the loss. We all knew the secondary would be bad, and Foles looked good exposing them. The offense is the bread and butter of this team, and they only scored points because Martin is a good RB, because of a huge special teams mistake, and some penalty gifts that the Eagles gave us. We didn't really earn the lead in this game. Freeman completed like 30-40% of his passes (didn't look up the stats).

Yes, there was a dropped INT. Yes, there were some bad catches given up late in the game. But the team is never in that situation if the offense clicks even a little bit, even if just in the 4th quarter. Freeman lost us this game way more than the secondary did.

Up by 11 with 6 minutes to play and the defense gets shredded for 150 yards and two touchdown drives. Freeman didn't play well, but the pass defense can't keep giving up 300 yard passing days and expect to consistently win.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Sherridan. I'm done with him

There will be no quarterback change, we're stuck with Freeman for better or worse. We need about 4 new corners, a couple more DT's, a pass rusher or two, a new #3 wideout...etc.

RoeKG wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Today should prove to everyone that the pass rush isn't the problem. It's the 1-AA level secondary we're throwing out there.

However, I think the inept offense is more to blame for the loss. We all knew the secondary would be bad, and Foles looked good exposing them. The offense is the bread and butter of this team, and they only scored points because Martin is a good RB, because of a huge special teams mistake, and some penalty gifts that the Eagles gave us. We didn't really earn the lead in this game. Freeman completed like 30-40% of his passes (didn't look up the stats).

Yes, there was a dropped INT. Yes, there were some bad catches given up late in the game. But the team is never in that situation if the offense clicks even a little bit, even if just in the 4th quarter. Freeman lost us this game way more than the secondary did.

Part of me wants to believe you are joking. Must have missed that part that Freeman was playing ironman football and allowed all those horrible plays happen on defense. Last time i checked the Eagles scored 0 points with Freeman on the field.

bucstopshere wrote:

I second the motion

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Part of me wants to believe you are joking. Must have missed that part that Freeman was playing ironman football and allowed all those horrible plays happen on defense. Last time i checked the Eagles scored 0 points with Freeman on the field.

Well Freeman while on the field scored 0 points for about 35 minutes thanks to a lucky muffed punt.

tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

I second the motion

I don't know if it's more on him or the fact that we're playing with a secondary that Jamarcus Russell could shred for 400* yards.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadabuccaneer wrote:
BuczNGator5 wrote:
People can say what they want about Schiano. But this team plays with no heart week in and week out. They consistantly lose close games. They consistantly lose to good teams. They consistantly get mad and blame each other when things aren't going well. That's not how discipline teams play. The only time the team plays well is with their backs against the wall. As soon as they get a lead its run, run, run, punt. It's disgusting watching them play anymore. The talent is definitely there. The coaching and heart unfortunately is not.

This makes me laugh.
Why's that? Don't get me wrong, I love Schiano. I think he will be a great head coach in the NFL. But when we were on a hot streak everyone was saying that he's this hard [inappropriate/removed] disciplined coach. But the team is always making key mistakes, key penalties, and falling apart when they need to step up. All game today I saw players pointing fingers at each other when mistakes were made. That's not how discipline teams play. That's how the 2011 Bucs played. Don't get me wrong I'm not calling for his head, but he definitely has tons of room for improvement. On the other hand Freeman, Sullivan, Sheridan, and every player in the secondary (Minus Barber) need to go ASAP.

tml_gogo wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

I second the motion

I don't know if it's more on him or the fact that we're playing with a secondary that Jamarcus Russell could shred for 44 yards.

Both. The defense seems to choke in clutch situations. I believe that's more of a testimony to the coaching rather than the players.

YoungBucs15

5nick5 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Well Freeman while on the field scored 0 points for about 35 minutes thanks to a lucky muffed punt.

Good thing football games aren't only 35 minutes long.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
YoungBucs15 wrote:
RoeKG wrote:
eggybucsfan31 wrote:

Good thing football games aren't only 35 minutes long.

Yeah. It's a bad thing when your punt unit has to come on the field 10 times in 1 game though.

BuczNGator5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
There will be no quarterback change, we're stuck with Freeman for better or worse. We need about 4 new corners, a couple more DT's, a pass rusher or two, a new #3 wideout...etc.
Unfortunately you are right. We will give Freeman a big contract and be stuck as a 8-8 team for the next 5-6 years.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget the awful 30 yard punt to set up the Eagles with great field position on their final drive. If Koenan hits the punt like he typically does, it could have been a different story.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really defend Freeman in this one. Yeah he played well in the 2nd half, but sucked incredibly bad the first half. That's not how good qb's play. It happens from time to time, but he's usually like this every week.

Missed a lot of wide open guys, like usual, and finished 14/34. Sorry, that's unbelievably terrible, but we've gotten used to it with Freeman. He's not the reason we lost the game, but let's not overlook his awful game either.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucsCanesFan6 wrote:
Lets not forget the awful 30 yard punt to set up the Eagles with great field position on their final drive. If Koenan hits the punt like he typically does, it could have been a different story.

If Gorrer gets the pick the game's over. If Freeman can actually have a somewhat decent 1st half, it might not be that close. Coulda shoulda woulda, didn't. The whole team deserves the blame. It was a full on losing effort in all 3 phases of the game. To be honest, we did not deserve this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: