Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: Rams vs. Bills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who was the Player of the Week for week 13?
Michael Brockers: Destroyonating the Offense
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Chris Givens: 11 rec 92 yards
45%
 45%  [ 15 ]
Chris Givens: 11 rec 92 yards
45%
 45%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 33

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
Containing him to under 100 yards would be a victory in itself. I'm thinking as long as we shut the run down, that pass game is awful and they don't have Harvin to really burn us. So we should be able to pull a victory out of the hat.

I'm not really concerned with the yardage, he'll get his stats. He does it week in/out against the best defenses there are. Even when teams stack the box against him...

I'm concerned about limiting his big plays and TDs. The guy is a nightmare in these areas...

I honestly don't believe that there is a way to contain AP. He's one of those few guys in the league that are simply better than everyone around them.

It's not as if teams have anything else to worry about when facing the Vikings (with Percy Harvin being injured) and he torches them anyway.

I'd seriously put 9 in the box on every play, except maybe third and long, in which case I'd still have 8 guys there.

The key to is not to limit AP's production, but to make it irrelevant by winning regardless. Even if he goes off for 200 yards and a couple scores, we can still win 20-17.

You can do it. Just have to clog the running lanes, play disciplined football and tackle properly. But it's still very difficult especially if you don't wrap up, you allow the Vikes blocking to open up seams and you don't set the edge, keep contain and stay disciplined on the back-side of the play.

We gotta show up with our A game.
And you dont have to Stop AP to beat the Vikings, you just have to limit him (like 120 yards) and take advantage of Ponder.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys, good luck the rest of the year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: