Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Veteran QB addition this off-season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which QB would you like to see brought in this offseason?
Jason Campbell (age 30)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Matt Flynn (age 27)
22%
 22%  [ 15 ]
Chad Henne (age 27)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Brady Quinn (age 28)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Matt Leinart (age 29)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Michael Vick (age 32)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Tim Tebow (age 25; added just for you Uncle Buck!)
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Ryan Mallett (age 24)
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Alex Smith (age 28)
22%
 22%  [ 15 ]
Other (please specify)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 66

perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
What about throwing a 3rd round pick at Washington for Kirk Cousins?

This might not be a half-bad idea! While they might not under most circumstances be willing to deal him, their block-buster trade of early picks to acquire RG3 cost them plenty, and they might be looking to recoup some early picks. Also, they might be willing to deal Cousins if it involves swapping picks, say Cousins/their second for our first, or Cousins/their third for our second.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:

This might not be a half-bad idea! While they might not under most circumstances be willing to deal him, their block-buster trade of early picks to acquire RG3 cost them plenty, and they might be looking to recoup some early picks. Also, they might be willing to deal Cousins if it involves swapping picks, say Cousins/their second for our first, or Cousins/their third for our second.

The Redskins would be foolish to trade him now. They can hang onto him for anoher year or two, and probably get Matt Schaub like compensation. Cousins should see a lot of playing time since RGIII will likely be injury prone given how he plays.
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:

I'd much rather use that 3rd on a guy like Dysert. I didn't like cousins at all last year and that hasn't changed, he screams career backup to me.
french t0ast

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask, why is everyone high on Ryan Mallett?
Freakout

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the rate RG3 is getting injured, Cousins may be their starter in a year or 2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

french t0ast wrote:

elite size and arm strength, very productive at Arkansas, a year of Belichick coaching doesn't hurt.

I like him better as a prospect than anyone in this draft.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[UMN] wrote:
french t0ast wrote:

elite size and arm strength, very productive at Arkansas, a year of Belichick coaching doesn't hurt.

I like him better as a prospect than anyone in this draft.

Although Tebow is my #1 choice, I actually wouldn't mind seeing what Mallett could do for our offense. The guy does have an incredible arm.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless whatever QB is currently a starter in the league (thinking Rivers/Romo here), I'm not all that interested in trading assets for a QB.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this providence wrote:
Unless whatever QB is currently a starter in the league (thinking Rivers/Romo here), I'm not all that interested in trading assets for a QB.

Same. I wouldn't mind Vick or Smith though, if the price is right. Vick will probably get released, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of coin he could command on the open market.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
this providence wrote:

Same. I wouldn't mind Vick or Smith though, if the price is right. Vick will probably get released, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of coin he could command on the open market.

the Vikings can continue there tradition of acquiring washed up veteran QBs who werent good enough for a struggling team. Who have we acquired since 2007? Gus Frerrotte, Kelly Holcomb, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, and now Michael Vick. Let the carousel continue! When Vick doesnt work out within two years, I wonder if Tony Romo will be available Laughing
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
this providence wrote:

the Vikings can continue there tradition of acquiring washed up veteran QBs who werent good enough for a struggling team. Who have we acquired since 2007? Gus Frerrotte, Kelly Holcomb, Brett Favre, Donovan McNabb, and now Michael Vick. Let the carousel continue! When Vick doesnt work out within two years, I wonder if Tony Romo will be available Laughing

Holcomb and Frerrotte were bonafide backups. If we magically get the best out of guys like with Favre which opens even a 1 year window to win, then it'll be worth it. Laughing

Vick would need some upgrades at WR though. We don't have dudes who can get open downfield consistently.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Nzd07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith or Flynn for me. Vick if those 2 guys aren't available.

Smith is the safest pick definitely. He's a good game manager, basically a better version of Ponder. We wouldn't have to alter our offensive gameplan much.

Flynn is a bit riskier. He looked good in GB, but let a 3rd round rookie beat him out in Seattle. I just don't see him having very much success here, but I couldn't see him being worse than Ponder.

Vick is injury prone and aging, but if he had a season like he did in 2010 he'd definitely have the biggest impact out of the 3. I just don't trust him staying healthy, but I'd welcome him to start over Ponder.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Adopt a T-Wolf: Ricky Rubio APG: 9.6 SPG: 3.09 RPG: 4.8
Mattwaukee wrote:
If I'm taking players for next year I'm taking Cobb over anyone not named Johnson.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are thoughts on Matt Moore? Contract will be up after this year and will likely test the market before going back to backup. Had a decent year last year for the Dolphins. He isn't going to be a 300+ yard a game type player but does have the ability to capitalize on the 8/9 guys in the box. Could be the cheapest yet, most effective possibility.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
What are thoughts on Matt Moore? Contract will be up after this year and will likely test the market before going back to backup. Had a decent year last year for the Dolphins. He isn't going to be a 300+ yard a game type player but does have the ability to capitalize on the 8/9 guys in the box. Could be the cheapest yet, most effective possibility.

I've moved on from Smith to Moore as my vet of choice.

Graded out very well in Miami according to PFF, graded out better than Smith did last year.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Lil Uno wrote:

I've moved on from Smith to Moore as my vet of choice.

Graded out very well in Miami according to PFF, graded out better than Smith did last year.

My thinking as well.

He isn't a franchise guy but he is a more effective game manager than both Smith and Ponder. His numbers won't impress you but he makes smart decisions with the ball. My number 1 choice for this offseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: