Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Veteran QB addition this off-season?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which QB would you like to see brought in this offseason?
Jason Campbell (age 30)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Matt Flynn (age 27)
22%
 22%  [ 15 ]
Chad Henne (age 27)
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Brady Quinn (age 28)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Matt Leinart (age 29)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Michael Vick (age 32)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Tim Tebow (age 25; added just for you Uncle Buck!)
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Ryan Mallett (age 24)
21%
 21%  [ 14 ]
Alex Smith (age 28)
22%
 22%  [ 15 ]
Other (please specify)
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 66

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
Here are some video highlights of Matt Flynn throwing for 6 TD's in his second career start:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8259d13b/WK-17-Matt-Flynn-highlights

Please note his ball placement and timing.

If we bring in Flynn, then all we'd have to do is get the Packers' receivers and we'd actually have a passing offense.

Well Greg Jennings would be a start. After that, this team needs to find talent in the draft.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to get Uncle Buck all excited or anything, but the Jaguars GM all but closed the door on signing Tebow:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/gm-david-caldwell-slams-door-tim-tebow-playing-221351069--nfl.html

"If you were looking forward to seeing Tim Tebow playing quarterback or any other position for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013, you can stop doing that now. At his introductory press conference, newly-hired general manager David Caldwell slammed the door on the Jaguars acquiring Tebow this or any offseason.

I cant imagine a scenario where hed be a Jacksonville Jaguar, Caldwell said when asked about Tebow on Thursday."
Thanatos

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Moore. If he can not be acquired then I would call up Houston and see how much it would take to trade for TJ Yates, if it's richer than a late round pick, then hang up and sign one of the guys off the list.
Purple blood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come nobody is talking about drew Stanton Minnesota drafted him and he has proven he can win and he has never really been a starter he is a free agent this year
Purple blood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops he was drafted by Detroit not minnesota
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple blood wrote:
How come nobody is talking about drew Stanton Minnesota drafted him and he has proven he can win and he has never really been a starter he is a free agent this year

What about him makes you thnk he would be a good fit here? I admittedly know little about him. How has he performed in your opinion when he has played?
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purple blood wrote:

I had us picking him up in my last Mock. I think he would be a good fit as a backup, and probably offers the same amount of upside as Flynn or Moore.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly has Drew Stanton ever done? And I find that Ryan Mallett having almost as many votes in this poll as Alex Smith and Matt Flynn almost as laughable as votes for Mickey Mouse in the Presidential Election. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
Not to get Uncle Buck all excited or anything, but the Jaguars GM all but closed the door on signing Tebow:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/gm-david-caldwell-slams-door-tim-tebow-playing-221351069--nfl.html

"If you were looking forward to seeing Tim Tebow playing quarterback or any other position for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2013, you can stop doing that now. At his introductory press conference, newly-hired general manager David Caldwell slammed the door on the Jaguars acquiring Tebow this or any offseason.

I cant imagine a scenario where hed be a Jacksonville Jaguar, Caldwell said when asked about Tebow on Thursday."

People talk about all the publicity Tebow would bring, as though that were a bad thing. We had a media circus in 2009 too, and we didn't do too badly then.

On another note, when the Denver Broncos signed Peyton Manning and got rid of Tim Tebow, I predicted that they would not get any further with Manning leading their team than they did with Tebow. What happened? Tebow won a playoff game for them - in his first year as a starter, and only his second year in the league. Manning? One and DONE!!!!

Aout wrote:
What is wrong with all these Packer fans insulting and raging all the time?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obligatory Tebow didn't win the game post
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
perrynoid wrote:

People talk about all the publicity Tebow would bring, as though that were a bad thing. We had a media circus in 2009 too, and we didn't do too badly then.

On another note, when the Denver Broncos signed Peyton Manning and got rid of Tim Tebow, I predicted that they would not get any further with Manning leading their team than they did with Tebow. What happened? Tebow won a playoff game for them - in his first year as a starter, and only his second year in the league. Manning? One and DONE!!!!

And still couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:

Do you think he was really given a fair shot though? I see no harm in at least brining him in for a tryout if he is released. At the very least, at 240 lbs, he could flatten some defenders blocking for AD!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

Do you think he was really given a fair shot though? I see no harm in at least brining him in for a tryout if he is released. At the very least, at 240 lbs, he could flatten some defenders blocking for AD!

As incredibly bad as Mark Sanchez was, you don't think the coaches would have played Tebow if they thought he would give them a better chance to win? You keep your job as a coach by winning, not by keeping a better option on the bench. The fact of the matter is that the coaches saw him play every day in practice and still felt that Mark Sanchez was the best option.

People will always make excuses for Tebow because he's a likable guy. He can save orphans, inspire millions, and sell thousands upon thousands of Tivo machines, but in order to be a real NFL Quarterback, he has to throw the football. Cam Newton, RGIII, Colin Kaepernick, and Russell Wilson are light years ahead of him in that department.
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Tebow couldn't beat VD out for QB. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Tim Tebow couldn't beat VD out for QB. Laughing

In fairness to Tebow, Metamucil is a PED...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: