Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Browner Suspended 4 Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Brandon Browner Suspended 4 Games Reply with quote

Quote:
Cornerback Brandon Browner is expected to begin a four-game suspension this week for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing drugs.

An official announcement is expected shortly. He will miss Seattle's final four regular-season games, but will be eligible to return for the postseason. If the Seahawks do not make the playoffs, he will begin next season eligible to play.

Ahh, hopefully Sherman stays and doesn't get a 4 game suspension that will overlap into the playoffs.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this is considered a double post, lock it up.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

confirmed, ouch. Look at it this way. I think we told sherman to stay so he can cover Fitz and then get suspended so we will have browner for our first playoff game. against proably the 9ers. No teams after the cards have a scary WR to worry about. Maybe the 9ers but they dont have a qb chucking it to him just runningl

WINTER IS COMING
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
confirmed, ouch. Look at it this way. I think we told sherman to stay so he can cover Fitz and then get suspended so we will have browner for our first playoff game. against proably the 9ers. No teams after the cards have a scary WR to worry about. Maybe the 9ers but they dont have a qb chucking it to him just runningl

Maybe, but doubtful. Cards don't have a scary passing game to begin with and I'm pretty sure they would rather have both Sherman and Browner for the playoff game rather than just Sherman in a home game against the Cards.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
Dools=hawks wrote:

Maybe, but doubtful. Cards don't have a scary passing game to begin with and I'm pretty sure they would rather have both Sherman and Browner for the playoff game rather than just Sherman in a home game against the Cards.

Except that can't happen - Sherman's hearing isn't until 12/14. The first game he could *possibly* miss would be the Buffalo game on the 16th (he'd then miss the final 3 games and the first playoff game, should we make it), but I think it takes longer than that to finalize a suspension, in which case the first game he misses is the 49er game or the finale against StL - in either case, Sherman is likely gone for at least one playoff game.

TommyC376 on the Sig
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is actually pretty smart strategically. Try and stagger the suspensions so that both players do not have to miss the same games for all 4. That would be much harder to recover from than just having to replace one at a time. Even if they both miss 1 or even 2 of the same games it would still be easier to handle the both missing all 4 games simultaneously. And who knows, maybe Browner took one for the team and told the league that he's the teammate who gave the water bottle to Sherman. Maybe Browner takes the fall so Sherman doesn't get suspended.
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
I think this is actually pretty smart strategically. Try and stagger the suspensions so that both players do not have to miss the same games for all 4. That would be much harder to recover from than just having to replace one at a time. Even if they both miss 1 or even 2 of the same games it would still be easier to handle the both missing all 4 games simultaneously. And who knows, maybe Browner took one for the team and told the league that he's the teammate who gave the water bottle to Sherman. Maybe Browner takes the fall so Sherman doesn't get suspended.

That would be solid and I'd be the first to line up and buy BB a beer.

In February.

After we take the Superbowl.

... where's the "I'm dreaming" emoticon?

TommyC376 on the Sig
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, maybe Sherman's story was true. Except the part about drinking it out of a teammates water bottle who had it approved. Maybe he drank it out of Browner's...

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
chpjns15

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bummer. Do you guys think WT3 or Trufant will start in his place?

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Well, maybe Sherman's story was true. Except the part about drinking it out of a teammates water bottle who had it approved. Maybe he drank it out of Browner's...

Or he is trying to drag it out so that he can at least play up until the 49er game i think we can lose one and still play good but both would be a disaster.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Bummer. Do you guys think WT3 or Trufant will start in his place?

WT3 is going to step up and be a beast

WINTER IS COMING
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one viable option left for the hawks; bring back KELLY JENNINGS!!!!

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
lards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't really bother me. it was a c*** excuse so im glad he is starting his suspension now in case we need him for playoffs. would hate our chances if we made playoffs and had to start both Tru and WT3. would be a disaster lol.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
drunkhawk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch Thurmond come in and play just as well if not better than Browner... all he needs to do is stay healthy. Injury prone thus far.

"I've never called anybody ugly. Do I think people are ugly? Yeah, I think he's ugly, but I've never said that..."
Boom!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thurmond is another lockdown corner that's had to deal with injuries. He stays healthy, he could win the starting job next year and start opposite Sherman.

Legion of Boom!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: