Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The FIRST Stchamp98 2013 Mock Draft!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it Champ. I'm pro Barkley if we can get a coach in here that knows what to do with him.

Jones in the second round would obviously be a dream come true. Kid is smart, tough, physical and gifted. Would provide stability and consistency to the oline for years to come. Plug and Play

Mathieu is worth a flyer in the 4th. No doubt. Good value if not great.

I've seen A.J. Klein play in person, and he can ball. If you haven't seen him, go pull up the TCU game from this past year. Believe he had a sack and like 10-11 tackles.

No real problems with the tackle and the tightend.

Only issue, and it may be minor, is safety in the third. I'd be hesitant champ, to go offensive line AGAIN.

Perhaps best available guard or LT. I don't really care that Levi is coming back, because with a new coaching staff, he may not be. Potter is solid, but man, I'd almost look at another T or G here.

Just my opinion.

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:

Perhaps best available guard or LT. I don't really care that Levi is coming back, because with a new coaching staff, he may not be. Potter is solid, but man, I'd almost look at another T or G here.

Just my opinion.

Not a terrible idea but I prefer to take a player I know I like at a position of equally high importance/need.

People are sleeping on the safety spot. If we're gonna do that, I don't want to hear any complaining come 2014.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Just my opinion.

Not a terrible idea but I prefer to take a player I know I like at a position of equally high importance/need.

People are sleeping on the safety spot. If we're gonna do that, I don't want to hear any complaining come 2014.

I agree the position needs to be addressed, but as you know I am more for resigning Rhodes whether that be at free or strong. I think he can play both.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
JohnnyV wrote:

Just my opinion.

I agree the position needs to be addressed, but as you know I am more for resigning Rhodes whether that be at free or strong. I think he can play both.

32 years of age isn't extension worthy, IMHO. 1-2 year deal max. 1-2 year deal doesn't change our long term safety situation.

And there's still A-Dub.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed and a lot of it depends on if we have a new front office and coaching staff running the show.

The way the oline stacks up however, we should only have two new starters unless someone new comes in and just blows up the thing (minus Massey).

In all reality, LT and RG are up for grabs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just floating an idea out there (not going draft tendencies):

Round 1: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Round 2: Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama
Round 3: Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford
Round 4: Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
Round 5: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
Round 6: Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
Round 7: Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech

or (if Norv were to be OC)

Round 1: Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State
Round 2: Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
Round 3: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
Round 4: Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
Round 5: Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
Round 6: Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
Round 7: Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech

I really think Mathieu will be available in the 5th due to measurables and intangibles (or lack there of)
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I really think Mathieu will be available in the 5th due to measurables and intangibles (or lack there of)

You may very well be right. His stock is incredibly volatile right now. He could literally go anywhere on day 3, maybe even day 2. I just went with round 4 because that's a spot where we have taken risky players in the past.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note, Kiper was on the radio Friday and said that KC will consider Joeckel or even Teo with the first overall pick.

The more I think, IF we were to lose our last 4, Geno Smith will be a Cardinal if we so chose.

Jags need D, as does Oakland. Philly is a wildcard with a bad oline and an average QB in Foles.

I just have a gut feeling we're gonna get Geno, even if we have to give up a pick or two. No one needs a QB worse.

And like you said Champ, IF Ray's promoted, he's seen Ken's downfall first hand and will make it an absolute priority to build this team with a young QB that he trusts.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Horton would have to see the need for drafting a QB very early.

Let's say we do draft a QB early (Geno,Barkley, whoever) and releasing Kolb is a given, especially with a new HC IMO. I think we would need a veteran backup (not Skelton, Lindley, or Kolb) to give Geno a mentor and perhaps start the season if he's not ready. Who would you guys want?

http://www.spotrac.com/free-agents/nfl/quarterback/
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:

Let's say we do draft a QB early (Geno,Barkley, whoever) and releasing Kolb is a given, especially with a new HC IMO. I think we would need a veteran backup (not Skelton, Lindley, or Kolb) to give Geno a mentor and perhaps start the season if he's not ready. Who would you guys want?

Jason Campbell or Matt Moore they make nice back ups.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:

Jason Campbell or Matt Moore they make nice back ups.

From that list, Moore. Definitely. If Moore was no longer available, then I would look at Campbell, Carr, or might even consider Stanton, though he certainly isn't exactly a veteran with much experience.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:

I like Gradkowski. He came in a few years ago for the Raiders, he seemed to give the team a certain spark that they could've used

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Just a quick note, Kiper was on the radio Friday and said that KC will consider Joeckel or even Teo with the first overall pick.

Joeckel I see, Teo is ridiculous and I don't buy it for a minute.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A terrible pro day and positive drug test for Geno would be good for us. Kidding of course... I don't see the Chiefs passing on him though. They need a QB as much as us.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
A terrible pro day and positive drug test for Geno would be good for us. Kidding of course... I don't see the Chiefs passing on him though. They need a QB as much as us.

Geno last 3 or 4 games should drop him. I am not even sure I like him here. Shoot me now I like Barkley better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: