Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tom Compton Signed To Active Roster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TKellion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Compton will be starting next year. Polumbus can be the backup. RT problem solved.

Oh but wait we should have drafted Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
which fairy told you this? Wink .... I don't think that's just magically going to happen. I'd love or to though.

Since you went there though. Josh Leribeus and Kirk Cousins WILL be back ups next year! Wink

How do you like that?

I don't even think my prediction is debate able. Yours sure is though. Laughing

Any idiot knows that Kirk Cousins was drafted to be RG3's backup, although a couple people did try and start a QB controversy. Most believed he was good value in the 4th, and rightfully so.

Whether or not LeRibeus starts next year is up for conjecture at this point. But it would not surprise me in the least if he starts at some point next year.... It's why he was drafted
do we need solid DBs more than a back up qb?

I'd say yes! We passed on a several in rounds 3 and 4 that could have helped this team out greatly- immediately. If you draft one of those guys I'm thinking of, you also don't have to keep Banks because Boykin is a good return man.(which most of the forum wants)

So, you kill two birds with one stone and we have an extra roster spot for another position we need better depth at.
Still bashing the LeRibeus and Cousins picks turtle Laughing You dont want to admit that Allen and Shanahan know what they are doing?Could always threaten to go be a Steelers fan again Twisted Evil
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever TK. That has nothing to do with it and you know it. We just need help at DB and we don't have it, like I predicted. Me going to another forum to talk to them also has nothing to do with how I felt we wrongly used our limited resources last offseason. I am a steelers fan also. I have great reasons for that, reasons why most in here are skins fans. That isn't changing, ever no matter what you say. Wink

Also-

I do believe Allen and Shanahan know what they are doing. I think they've done a great job. That doesn't mean I can't be objective and critical of a few of their decisions I don't agree with though. Decisions that I believe have hurt us, not aided us in building this team like those two draft picks. That's why we're here to discuss how we feel about issues like those anyways.

Not once have I called for the firing if them or Jim Hasslett like some have in this forum from a few weeks ago or in Hasslet's case a few days ago still. So that point is moot to my point also.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dcred- you'll enjoy this story.

Tom Compton- could be steal of redskins 2012 draft!

Quote:
Enter Tom Compton – a hard working, big fish from a no name school (South Dakota) that no self-respecting talent scout would give the time of day. Sounds a bit like Alfred Morris already....

In the pre-season, Compton looked OK, but was blown away by top tier defensive ends and their spin moves. Compton barely budged as the ends spun by him on their way to pummel the QB. You could see Logan Paulsen's hair flying from the breeze. I believe that allowed the Redskins to sneak Compton onto the practice squad without being poached (until now).

On paper, Compton has around the same numbers as Trent Williams as far as speed, agility and strength, and that is truly freakish and scary.

Some think he could be the answer. If he is, that means we don't have to draft a tackle. We will probably just sign one for competition. That would allow us to focus on this in he draft:

1. Safeties
2. Cornerbacks
3. Another pass rusher to develop with Jackson behind KO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dcred- you'll enjoy this story.

Tom Compton- could be steal of redskins 2012 draft!

Quote:
Enter Tom Compton – a hard working, big fish from a no name school (South Dakota) that no self-respecting talent scout would give the time of day. Sounds a bit like Alfred Morris already....

In the pre-season, Compton looked OK, but was blown away by top tier defensive ends and their spin moves. Compton barely budged as the ends spun by him on their way to pummel the QB. You could see Logan Paulsen's hair flying from the breeze. I believe that allowed the Redskins to sneak Compton onto the practice squad without being poached (until now).

On paper, Compton has around the same numbers as Trent Williams as far as speed, agility and strength, and that is truly freakish and scary.

Some think he could be the answer. If he is, that means we don't have to draft a tackle. We will probably just sign one for competition. That would allow us to focus on this in he draft:

1. Safeties
2. Cornerbacks
3. Another pass rusher to develop with Jackson behind KO

Yeah it's hearing snips like that which make me believe he can be the answer at RT. I knew he was going to take some development time, just like all the guys you were clamoring for that you wanted us to draft earlier. So to complain about them not getting someone in the 3rd or 4th was premature IMO, knowing what Compton might bring if it works out.

I think we got our Franchise QB, our Backup QB, future RT, and premier RB all in the same draft. Which is one HELL OF A DRAFT no matter what team you are. The other picks like LiRebeus and Gettis can be 50/50 or even bust out if you clear all that for your team and get a QB the caliber of RG3 (but I do think they will be serviceable backups at the LEAST, with potential to start-- What more can you really expect from the crapshoot that is the draft???)...Yes I know we have a couple future picks given for RG3, but I don't think a whole lotta people are going to second-guess that one at this point.

Oh and I don't think we sign a T for competition. I hope Polumbus stays for depth, and one of our young guys handles the L side reserve role, with Leribeus and Gettis developing as our Guards (or C-Lerib). And we spend the little money we have on Defensive FA's to mentor the young guys we draft, or maybe a WR opposite Garcon, or that shifty guy Shanahan wanted Banks to be....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: