Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desperate Packers bring back RB Ryan Grant
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom cody

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent signing for Green Bay. With their big dependence on the passing game they don't need a big name running back.
coors

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize that Grant wasn't on any roster anywhere.. I would have thought that he was able to get himself a gig as a #3 or even practice squad player somewhere.. hell even somewhere in Canada. Its almost like the Packers have 1 extra player on their roster compared to anyone else.. by having Grant just waiting as a FA.. and if the Pack lose a RB to injury, they are just able to add Grant back onto their roster, and plug him back in. I don't remember how many touches he got in the game total yesterday, but I do remember a nice like roughly 15 yard run towards the end of the game that was able to help them run the clock down at the end. I'm not sure what exactly the addition of Grant will entail for the Packers and their running game.. because quite frankly their running game is beyond terrible. The backs that they have on their roster.. if they aren't considered terrible, then at best can be called the worst.

The Pack are able to get away with 0 running game during the regular season.. but when it comes down to those playoff games, we all know that having a running game is vital to success. A running game is especially important to have during the playoffs because of the time of the year, and the weather conditions that teams face.. and in my personal opinion, the Pack right now would be better off by NOT having home field advantage. The Pack are a finesse passing team, and the weather like last night for example, can really derail and hamper the offense, especially for Rodgers and their air attack with throwing and catching the ball in either the snow, the rain, the freezing cold.. and what not. And Lambeau is the first place I think of when I think of football being played in terrible weather conditions.. so with the offense that they run, playing at home for them with a possibility of snow and super high speed wins, could kill this team. IMO, they would be better off in the playoffs playing in a place like our home in Atlanta, the Georgia Dome.. or out in San Fran at Candlestick.. ect ect ect - yall get my point.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Knows the system not a bad signing

Who's the chick on the left in your sig?

She's biriful

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
D0 TH3 D3W

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should continue to work in RB DuJuan Harris. Went to high school with the man, he can ball.

RIP Joe Pa
justo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D0 TH3 D3W wrote:
They should continue to work in RB DuJuan Harris. Went to high school with the man, he can ball.
No lie he can probably be our Samkon Gado/James Starks this year. Looked nice this week
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I didn't realize that Grant wasn't on any roster anywhere.. I would have thought that he was able to get himself a gig as a #3 or even practice squad player somewhere.. hell even somewhere in Canada. Its almost like the Packers have 1 extra player on their roster compared to anyone else.. by having Grant just waiting as a FA.. and if the Pack lose a RB to injury, they are just able to add Grant back onto their roster, and plug him back in. I don't remember how many touches he got in the game total yesterday, but I do remember a nice like roughly 15 yard run towards the end of the game that was able to help them run the clock down at the end. I'm not sure what exactly the addition of Grant will entail for the Packers and their running game.. because quite frankly their running game is beyond terrible. The backs that they have on their roster.. if they aren't considered terrible, then at best can be called the worst.

The Pack are able to get away with 0 running game during the regular season.. but when it comes down to those playoff games, we all know that having a running game is vital to success. A running game is especially important to have during the playoffs because of the time of the year, and the weather conditions that teams face.. and in my personal opinion, the Pack right now would be better off by NOT having home field advantage. The Pack are a finesse passing team, and the weather like last night for example, can really derail and hamper the offense, especially for Rodgers and their air attack with throwing and catching the ball in either the snow, the rain, the freezing cold.. and what not. And Lambeau is the first place I think of when I think of football being played in terrible weather conditions.. so with the offense that they run, playing at home for them with a possibility of snow and super high speed wins, could kill this team. IMO, they would be better off in the playoffs playing in a place like our home in Atlanta, the Georgia Dome.. or out in San Fran at Candlestick.. ect ect ect - yall get my point.
Excellent post. We have more rushing attempts, yards and higher YPC than the Falcons. Are we a great running team? No. Are we as you say "terrible or at best the worst in the NFL"? No. We don't have the pass blocking to be a team like we were last year. We can play at any stadium, to think home field would be bad for us is just silly IMO.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to see Ryan Grant back in Green Bay. He always seemed to have big games against the Vikings, even back in the hey-day of the Williams Wall.

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good move. He should have been there all year long. He's a solid back and knows the offense
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
This is a good move. He should have been there all year long. He's a solid back and knows the offense

Agreed ... right now Im just looking for a guy that can run the offense and not lose us the game.

Bolieve in Masai
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I didn't realize that Grant wasn't on any roster anywhere.. I would have thought that he was able to get himself a gig as a #3 or even practice squad player somewhere...
He was with the Redskins for about a week or two. And he isn't eligibile for the practice squad. As I understand it you can't have played in more then 9 games in a season or been on an active roster for an entire season to be eligibile.
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Agreed ... right now Im just looking for a guy that can run the offense and not lose us the game.
Once CedBen went down, we should have brought back Grant.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: