Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady Quinn named AFC Offensive Player of Week 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Brady Quinn named AFC Offensive Player of Week 13 Reply with quote

Quote:
#Chiefs QB Brady Quinn was named AFC Offensive Player of Week 13.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/276382014742073344
Tom Brady Tribute
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we weren't the only ones impressed by Quinn's performance!

I'd say the best response here would be "Quinning" or maybe "FTQ - for the Quinn!"

It was a strong performance because he was able to push the ball into the second level! Something this passing game has SORELY missed. It's impact was quite evident as we saw the OL and running game have room to breathe finally and the passing game didn't come only in desperation.

I don't want my comments construed wrongly here so let me be clear - I fully believe a 1st round draft choice QB needs to be taken in April (May?) and needs to be starting opening day barring injury.

That said I will add that Quinn needs to be resigned as the veteran backup while Stanzi continues to groom into THAT role or get passed up by Tanney. If Quinn continues to play like this past week (read: attack the 2nd level with passes - even if not as successfully as last week they must continue to try and he must continue to take shots and not settle for check downs) then he should start the remainder of the way. If he does not - it will be Stanzi time.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: I'd like to add that down the road with the draft choice established and Stanzi pushing for the backup role (should these things happen); the Chiefs could find themselves in a situatuon where Quinn becomes a commodity to them.

He could be parlayed for a draft choice down the road like we've seen a number of other backups net their teams. Wishful thinking perhaps but possible none the less.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: