Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LLWFCs Mock Draft Vol. 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Pretty Good. I like the cuts and resigns. I think cutting Huff would be a big mistake tho. A guy that versital is def worth keeping. Id like ot see a restructure.

Avril scares me to death as a FA signing. I just think Ray Edwards all over again. When you play next to KVB and Suh, your bound to be matched up 1on1 more often than not. And as SB88 noted, poor against the run. I know he has more sacks but really I see Avril and Shaggy being on par with each other with one being better against the run and the other a better pass rusher. Id just keep Shaggy instead only because we know what we got in him and it would cost us less.

Love the Grant and Pollock signings. I called for Pollock last year.

I almost went with a restructure for Huff, but I was too lazy to go that in depth, and a lot of the time a restructure just puts you further in the hole, and means you will have a harder time getting away from that player down the road. Huff isn't staying at that price tag either way.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Eh, it's alright man.

You know how I feel about JJ. Avril is overrated and poor versus the run, plus he wants hella $$$. We don't have the cap space to cover signing him and all the other FAs either. And if there is one team whose OL castoffs I never want any part of, its Pittsburgh Laughing

I'd rework Huff's deal and keep him though. He's a good locker room guy and a decent player. Versatile too.

Like the Knighton pickup but I'd prefer SLH. Cheaper and same kind of production. Just needs to be rotated a bit more

I feel like Avril was overrated at one point, but recently he has became underrated. While he may not be a great pass rusher, he would be our best pass rusher if he were here now, and yeah he's going to want a big payday, but the market dictates that. He can seek whatever he would like, but I don't think anyone is going to pay him like a top ten DE.

As far as signing him and the others I think we could make it work, those other guys are role players and aren't going to command a lot of money.

Starks isn't a good starter, but he's an experienced vet and would provide good depth at the very least.

I almost went with Sammie instead, but I feel like Knighton is a little better, but your right Hill might be a better value pickup.

Yeah I see where you're coming from on most of these. Mostly just preference things for me.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

I don't like the Avril pick up...

I doubt the switch to PBS, but it's your mock, so I accept it Smile
reddevil

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you on Jones. There are a few pass-rushers I like, but none excite me as much as him. I'm high on Moore and like Werner (but not with that high a pick). Mingo, Montgomery and Okafor don't excite me. You could try and pick a pass-rusher up later with Dion Jordan or Ziggy Ansah - but you are less likely to have immediate production. Yes it is a risk taking him. There is every chance that he has a short career and ends up only lasting a few years, but he also might end up staying healthy and having a decent length career. A risk, no question. But if we picked him up my first reaction wouldn't be, 'I hope he can have a long career' it would be, 'I can't wait to see him in the silver and black, lined up on passing downs, ready to smash someone in the mouth!'
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
I love the cuts, resigning and FA signings. I just do not want us to take Jarvis Jones. I much rather have Moore (best DE in the draft), star (best DT in the draft) or Joeckel (best lineman in the draft). Not a super talented, but huge injury risked player in Jones.

I expect most people to have a similar stance on Jones and I would normally as well, but I saw first hand as a UGA fan on what Jones can do, USC had a similar line of thinking and UGA took the gamble and it paid off in a huge way. Some teams are going to write him off, but IMO a team that rolls the dice is going to get a huge payoff.

It could go a number of ways: pass on him and he becomes a star, take him and he is unable to play after 3 seasons, or anything in between. Nobody can possibly know, which is what makes it a tough call. A neck injury on a player who goes all-out, head first as a normal part of his job is really scary, though, especially considering its in his spine.

I'm not 100% against drafting him, his talent is immense and he would undoubtedly have an impact immediately. I love the fact that he would fill 2 needs at the same time as both an OLB and a pass rusher. However, with this being our first 1st round pick of our rebuilding era, I think it would be smart to err on the safe side and go with a player who may have less upside, but doesnt carry the injury risk and has a better chance of being a difference maker for the next decade. We really cant afford to miss on this pick, and if we get Jones, even if he plays lights out, and he is unable to play in a few years, it will have been a miss.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:
I love the cuts, resigning and FA signings. I just do not want us to take Jarvis Jones. I much rather have Moore (best DE in the draft), star (best DT in the draft) or Joeckel (best lineman in the draft). Not a super talented, but huge injury risked player in Jones.

I expect most people to have a similar stance on Jones and I would normally as well, but I saw first hand as a UGA fan on what Jones can do, USC had a similar line of thinking and UGA took the gamble and it paid off in a huge way. Some teams are going to write him off, but IMO a team that rolls the dice is going to get a huge payoff.

It could go a number of ways: pass on him and he becomes a star, take him and he is unable to play after 3 seasons, or anything in between. Nobody can possibly know, which is what makes it a tough call. A neck injury on a player who goes all-out, head first as a normal part of his job is really scary, though, especially considering its in his spine.

I'm not 100% against drafting him, his talent is immense and he would undoubtedly have an impact immediately. I love the fact that he would fill 2 needs at the same time as both an OLB and a pass rusher. However, with this being our first 1st round pick of our rebuilding era, I think it would be smart to err on the safe side and go with a player who may have less upside, but doesnt carry the injury risk and has a better chance of being a difference maker for the next decade. We really cant afford to miss on this pick, and if we get Jones, even if he plays lights out, and he is unable to play in a few years, it will have been a miss.

this.

i wish georgia played tex a&m

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NickButera

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, our starting DT's would be Bryant and Bilukidi? With our only backup a 5th round rookie? Or do you assume we move Houston back inside? Do you say we switch to the 3-4? Without making another move to shore up our interior front, even by adding Avril, our D-line would be pretty bad.

Personally I'm not sure what to think about the DT positional changes. Mostly because I can't see us cutting the 2 biggest cap implication players on our team when we are already don't have much cap space. I don't think the contract info that went public is the entire truth, I'm sure there's something behind it that we don't know about. But from what we know, Seymour has 15 mil a year (7.5 base per year) through 2016. That's not something you can just cut and not be bombarded with paying money out the wazoo next year. (Unless there's some part of the contract we don't know about, which I'd assume there is)

But yea, other than the iffy-ness of the DT moves, I like the rest of it. Pretty down to earth and common sense.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
So, our starting DT's would be Bryant and Bilukidi? With our only backup a 5th round rookie? Or do you assume we move Houston back inside? Do you say we switch to the 3-4? Without making another move to shore up our interior front, even by adding Avril, our D-line would be pretty bad.

Personally I'm not sure what to think about the DT positional changes. Mostly because I can't see us cutting the 2 biggest cap implication players on our team when we are already don't have much cap space. I don't think the contract info that went public is the entire truth, I'm sure there's something behind it that we don't know about. But from what we know, Seymour has 15 mil a year (7.5 base per year) through 2016. That's not something you can just cut and not be bombarded with paying money out the wazoo next year. (Unless there's some part of the contract we don't know about, which I'd assume there is)

But yea, other than the iffy-ness of the DT moves, I like the rest of it. Pretty down to earth and common sense.

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
FREE AGENT ACQUISITIONS

Terrance Knighton, DT

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
early43 wrote:
Pretty Good. I like the cuts and resigns. I think cutting Huff would be a big mistake tho. A guy that versital is def worth keeping. Id like ot see a restructure.

Avril scares me to death as a FA signing. I just think Ray Edwards all over again. When you play next to KVB and Suh, your bound to be matched up 1on1 more often than not. And as SB88 noted, poor against the run. I know he has more sacks but really I see Avril and Shaggy being on par with each other with one being better against the run and the other a better pass rusher. Id just keep Shaggy instead only because we know what we got in him and it would cost us less.

Love the Grant and Pollock signings. I called for Pollock last year.

I almost went with a restructure for Huff, but I was too lazy to go that in depth, and a lot of the time a restructure just puts you further in the hole, and means you will have a harder time getting away from that player down the road. Huff isn't staying at that price tag either way.

I think it's very unlikely Huff is back next season. He's due a 4M roster bonus in early march and his contract seems very hard to restructure without creating even more of an issue for 2014.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones led Georgia in TFL so I don't get the "one trick pony" unless you mean his one trick is being in the backfield all the time. I get people are worried about his spine injury that happened 3 years ago. 3 doctors cleared him to play and the guy has been a beast since. We probably won't take him but pass rush is the biggest need for us.

There's not a MLB that I like out there right now in Free Agency. Id rather draft a guy like Reddick (if we trade back and get a 2nd) or Mauti in the draft. We need to go Defense-Heavy in this draft. Bring in Daryl Smith over Wheeler too.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
I get people are worried about his spine injury that happened 3 years ago. 3 doctors cleared him to play and the guy has been a beast since. We probably won't take him but pass rush is the biggest need for us.

I think the issue isn't if he can play now, it's how long will he be able to play.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the cuts and FA signings, love Grant, Knighton, and Avril.

If we're picking 3 I'd go with Star or Jockel. I went with Jones in my GM mock and I don like the pick now personally.

Wouldn't mind drafting a late round CB instead of two LBers. Maybe the guy from Uconn and I like Robey as a nickel.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they pass on those free agents don't like any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Jones led Georgia in TFL so I don't get the "one trick pony" unless you mean his one trick is being in the backfield all the time. I get people are worried about his spine injury that happened 3 years ago. 3 doctors cleared him to play and the guy has been a beast since. We probably won't take him but pass rush is the biggest need for us.

There's not a MLB that I like out there right now in Free Agency. Id rather draft a guy like Reddick (if we trade back and get a 2nd) or Mauti in the draft. We need to go Defense-Heavy in this draft. Bring in Daryl Smith over Wheeler too.

LOL at the bold. very funny.

Spinal Stenosis is a condition not an injury per se but depending on the severity it could exponentially increase the propensity and severity of spinal injuries in a collision sport.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First round is nice!!!! , not liking the rest of the rounds thow...good try lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: