Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grant is back!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
persiandud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just need 4 yards a carry. I want to see 3rd and 4-6, not 3rd and long
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

Anything but that dreaded 3rd and 1. Shocked

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of Grant is washed up talk, while its a possibility I think we forget Grant averaged 5.6 yards per carry over his last 5 games a year ago. He also had 10 receptions and 3 total TDs in that time frame. I'm under the impression that Grant has some left in the tank and will be well-rested coming in. I think he assumes the starter spot by the time we play Chicago, he always ran so well against them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is little doubt that adding Grant to the mix will help our offense. I am excited about the move.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
persiandud wrote:

If I never see another handoff to Kuhn in that situation I can die happy.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
persiandud wrote:

If it is done every 4 games or so, it would work. Unfortunately, it is something the opposing team can count on happening in that situation at least once a game. It was great at its inception, but then used way to much to remain effective.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
persiandud wrote:

If it is done every 4 games or so, it would work. Unfortunately, it is something the opposing team can count on happening in that situation at least once a game. It was great at its inception, but then used way to much to remain effective.

I just know they're going to do a play-fake to him now and take a deep shot on 3rd and 1, and everyone will riot about that too Laughing
SDN40

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
persiandud wrote:

I just know they're going to do a play-fake to him now and take a deep shot on 3rd and 1, and everyone will riot about that too Laughing

MM just has to be smart about it. The only play I liked with Kuhn was when he was lined up as a fullback in the I and they would give it to him near the goal line with much success. Handing the ball to him out of the shotgun is miserable. Having him anywhere near a shotgun formation is miserable. For the love of God put a tight end on that wing if you have to. At least then the defense has to respect some options. I've said it more than once, if I'm a D coordinator, the formation I want to see most is that shotgun with Kuhn on the wing. Its gravy to defend, dont even have to think - kill the QB. It's downright pitiful. I'll also add that we run too many plays out of the shotgun as it is. You can still pass with Rodgers under center, and it gives our o-line that extra fraction of a second help - and they need all they can get right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDN40 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
persiandud wrote:

MM just has to be smart about it. The only play I liked with Kuhn was when he was lined up as a fullback in the I and they would give it to him near the goal line with much success. Handing the ball to him out of the shotgun is miserable. Having him anywhere near a shotgun formation is miserable. For the love of God put a tight end on that wing if you have to. At least then the defense has to respect some options. I've said it more than once, if I'm a D coordinator, the formation I want to see most is that shotgun with Kuhn on the wing. Its gravy to defend, dont even have to think - kill the QB. It's downright pitiful. I'll also add that we run too many plays out of the shotgun as it is. You can still pass with Rodgers under center, and it gives our o-line that extra fraction of a second help - and they need all they can get right now.

A RB blocking is more versatile than a TE blocking. A TE can only really help with an edge rusher to his side. A RB can pick up blitzes from most angles.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be the one and only team in the league where Grant can find some success. He's not gonna light the world on fire, but he should be productive. I expect him to be productive.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
SDN40 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
persiandud wrote:

A RB blocking is more versatile than a TE blocking. A TE can only really help with an edge rusher to his side. A RB can pick up blitzes from most angles.
I thought SDN40 was talking about a tight end motioning into the backfield off the I-form, not just blocking from inline.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the logical, albeit obvious move.

He's going to be dependable in ball security(lulz), average to below average in pass pro, and he'll take what the OL gives him in the run game.

Definitely not a bad player to have around, I wouldn't expect his signing to substantially effect the offense either way though.
40Year Pack Fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:

He's going to be dependable in ball security(lulz), average to below average in pass pro, and he'll take what the OL gives him in the run game.

Definitely not a bad player to have around, I wouldn't expect his signing to substantially effect the offense either way though.

Yeah, Grant is a finesse runner and not a power one.....IF he were Earl Campbell (in his prime), I wouldn't be quite so concerned about our OL.....Many are acting like he (Grant) has miraculously found the fountain of youth and the offensive line has suddenly gotten over it's season long inadequacies.....
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

40Year Pack Fan wrote:
Blink wrote:

Yeah, Grant is a finesse runner and not a power one.....IF he were Earl Campbell (in his prime), I wouldn't be quite so concerned about our OL.....Many are acting like he (Grant) has miraculously found the fountain of youth and the offensive line has suddenly gotten over it's season long inadequacies.....

Not so sure that's what I'm reading. Bunch of smart football heads here on FF. I'm sure most here feel it's going to take him a little time to get going. That said, the Grant we had last year was a much better pure runner than any of the others on this roster right now. I sure expect to see a ton of Green from this point out. But there is a good chance this staff will have more faith in Grant's ability to close a game out come playoffs.

Earl Campbell is NOT what your looking for in a inside/outside zone fit! A prime years Grant was damn close to ideal in that regard. I have little doubt Grant has lost a little long speed over the years. But the vision and one cut style should still be clear. Hell, I bet he is still a good bit faster than Green. Grant might not be as quick as some but I bet he would beat most in terms of long speed even at 30.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
I think there is little doubt that adding Grant to the mix will help our offense. I am excited about the move.
Quite the turn of events from last year when you bashed him left and right. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: