Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan names Mark Sanchez starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
This needed to happen. For the Jet fans claiming McElroy would lead this team to the playoffs... please. Not even Peyton would lead this team to the playoffs. Sure it's possible we win out, but the Jets would need the Colts to lose 3 or the Steelers/Bengals to lose 3. It's not impossible, but certainly not probable.

Here's where you're wrong though. Peyton Manning would absolutely lead this team to the playoffs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It goes without saying that this is the worst possible scenario. I don't think McElroy is a long-term answer, but i'd like to see what the young man has...maybe he surprises us (and gets some experience in the mean time.)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Sanchez needs to come out with the attitude McElroy had. I can't explain what it was, but there was an obvious difference in demeanor from the two.

BE A MAN CHEZ.

Man, I kinda wanna see McElroy start now, but I also want to see Sanchez succeed. For how terrible Sanchez has been and all, it's not like I don't WANT to root for him. Ya know?

It was honestly the crowd and adrenaline. I re-watched McElroy's drives and give him credit cause he did what was needed to be done to win the game, but I think the fact that Sanchez got benched put everyone on notice. For years Sanchez seemed to be the one player who couldn't lose his job, and once Rex took him out I saw offensive line and the running game step up big time. Even the playcalling improved (over 50% of McElroy's drop backs were roll-out plays... Sanchez's one, if only, strength...). Of McElroy's 5 completions, 2 were phenomenal catches by Stephen Hill and Kerley, and Cumberland couldn't be more open in the endzone.

Again, I'm not discrediting McElroy, I'm impressed and grateful for what he did last Sunday. I just don't want McElroy to become the new Tebow - as if McElroy's presence on the field forced Dan Williams, Adrian Wilson, and Greg Toler to commit 4 crucial penalties... like Tebow being on the field in Denver forced Marion Barber to fumble.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
sandwhich wrote:
Sanchez needs to come out with the attitude McElroy had. I can't explain what it was, but there was an obvious difference in demeanor from the two.

BE A MAN CHEZ.

Man, I kinda wanna see McElroy start now, but I also want to see Sanchez succeed. For how terrible Sanchez has been and all, it's not like I don't WANT to root for him. Ya know?

It was honestly the crowd and adrenaline. I re-watched McElroy's drives and give him credit cause he did what was needed to be done to win the game, but I think the fact that Sanchez got benched put everyone on notice. For years Sanchez seemed to be the one player who couldn't lose his job, and once Rex took him out I saw offensive line and the running game step up big time. Even the playcalling improved (over 50% of McElroy's drop backs were roll-out plays... Sanchez's one, if only, strength...). Of McElroy's 5 completions, 2 were phenomenal catches by Stephen Hill and Kerley, and Cumberland couldn't be more open in the endzone.

Again, I'm not discrediting McElroy, I'm impressed and grateful for what he did last Sunday. I just don't want McElroy to become the new Tebow - as if McElroy's presence on the field forced Dan Williams, Adrian Wilson, and Greg Toler to commit 4 crucial penalties... like Tebow being on the field in Denver forced Marion Barber to fumble.
I think that's the most crucial part to the Sanchez' benching. I think if it happened earlier in the year, maybe we're sitting at 7-5 and not 5-7. The team played better when they realized Rex can (and will) bench your behind for playing like crap.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that was it for Mark, I'm not too annoyed as if he plays poorly he'll be benched once again. I think from here on out it's just a case of Mark plays until he stinks again then it's McElroy until he stinks.

Adopt a Jet: Sheldon Richardson

Tackles - 77
Sacks - 3.5
Forced Fumbles - 1
4 Carries - 4 Yards - 2 TDs
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
This needed to happen. For the Jet fans claiming McElroy would lead this team to the playoffs... please. Not even Peyton would lead this team to the playoffs. Sure it's possible we win out, but the Jets would need the Colts to lose 3 or the Steelers/Bengals to lose 3. It's not impossible, but certainly not probable.

Here's where you're wrong though. Peyton Manning would absolutely lead this team to the playoffs.

I meant given the situation. Sure we can win out, but even if we did, there's no guarantee we'd be in the playoffs.

If we had Peyton for a whole season yes I believe we'd be in the playoffs.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets not forget if we had a good offense it would take pressure off our defense. Sanchez has 19 turn overs. That is a lot of crappy situations for our defense (and an aging one at that).
If we had Manning I think we'd be in the 9-3 range.
Unfortunately, with Sanchez' contract, we're stuck with him thru next year. I mean he is the worst QB stastically in the league... under no other circumstances would he still be starting if it werent for his contract.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course he did. The idiot that is Rex Ryan cannot be explained.
Malik

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, maybe if we muster a 9-7 we can get a 5th round pick for him.
drew39k

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting Sanchez makes sense. You give him the chance to respond. That said, he gets a very short leash.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off i am amazed that Philip Rivers name came up. He is the only guy with more turnovers in the last 2 years than Sanchez, and that is with better weapons, and i would say much better play calling.

As far as Mcelroy goes, he is just a guy that thinks he is gonna find a way to win when he steps on the field, and that is invaluable. He is more accurate than Mark, and has a better arm than people give him credit for. Accuracy and that winning mindset might be the two most important things a QB can have. I don't want him to play with hopes of getting us to the playoffs, i want him to play to see what the kid has. It wouldn't be the first time in the NFL that an unheralded kid with tons of confidence came out of nowhere to play well. As Jet fans we should know that since we get beat by one of those guys all the damn time(brady).

Mark on the other hand looks like he thinks someone is constantly about to take his lunch money, i mean look at how he reacted when he got benched, or throws a stupid pick, he just looks sullen, and pouty. Thats not a starting QB in the NFL, that is the perfect demenor for a solid back up in the NFL, he is a guy that is gonna know the plays and be ready to go in when needed and hold things down till the leader of the team comes back.

I have been someone who has defended Rex for what has probably been too long, but this was the last straw for me, i want a new HC that isn't scared to make the right moves regardless of the meaningless surrounding circumstances.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't he basically have to do this because of the money Sanchez gets? Also if he names McElroy starter then wouldn't Tebow take over when he came off injury? I mean McElroy jumps from #3 to #1 after one game and bumps everyone down? Sanchez drops to #3? I think this move wouldn't have been made if he who shall not be named didn't have some hurt ribs. Would be a homecoming this week. Also FWIW I created a formula that has been really good at predicting games so far this year and it thinks the Jets win out and go one and done in the playoffs.
Rich51

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Say it ain't so. I just heard on MSNBC that McElroy is inactivated for this week and Rex is comfortable with his decision.
xenajets

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich51 wrote:
Say it ain't so. I just heard on MSNBC that McElroy is inactivated for this week and Rex is comfortable with his decision.

Wow im actually shocked if this is true. I was okay with Sanchez starting this week on the basis that if he was anything other than great then he would be benched. This is a complete joke!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
Starting Sanchez makes sense. You give him the chance to respond. That said, he gets a very short leash.
This. Exactly. I don't know why anyone really has a problem with starting Sanchez.

Jamison.'s Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: