Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan names Mark Sanchez starting QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swi7ch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AHAHAHAHA!!!

Jets should be disbanded. This is not what sane people do!!!
swi7ch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:
I'm not worried. Sanchez will once again play horribly and be permanently benched by the half.

So? He will start again the following week because he and Ryan have a "special" relationship.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
This needed to happen. For the Jet fans claiming McElroy would lead this team to the playoffs... please. Not even Peyton would lead this team to the playoffs. Sure it's possible we win out, but the Jets would need the Colts to lose 3 or the Steelers/Bengals to lose 3. It's not impossible, but certainly not probable.

Here's the deal. Sanchez is not a good QB, but if his head is right he can do everything McElroy can do and much better. The problem with Sanchez is that his head is not right, and he may be at the point of no turning back, but you invested the 5th overall pick in him. Much of the reason he went so high was because of his skill set, but also his supposed "it" factor. We haven't seen it in the last 2 seasons, but maybe, just maybe, he responds to the benching. If he doesn't you can go with McElroy, if he does you buy some more time. Remember, Arizona is one of the best defenses in football. Though Sanchez was beyond horrible, maybe he can twist it around and look at it like "they intercepted Matt Ryan 5 times." Maybe the Jets can get his head right in these next two games to the point where it can be bearable for the short term.

At this point I don't think Sanchez will last past 2013. The way the Jets have handled him has been bad, and he hasn't been able to shoulder the load on his own at all. However, the Jets owe him $8.25 million and parting ways would hurt the franchise even more then it would help it because of the cap penalties we would receive. I would rather ride it out and draft a QB this year/next year then have a QB shuffle. IMPROVE THE TALENT AROUND THE TEAM, SEE IF SANCHEZ IMPROVES. IF NOT DRAFT ANOTHER QB. IF SO, DRAFT A DEVELOPMENTAL QB (THIS YEAR OR NEXT) AND KEEP SANCHEZ ON A SHORT LEASH UNTIL HE PROVES OTHERWISE.

Bro how much time can you give him? His inadequacies go WELL beyond his supporting cast, and if you can't see that by now your either blind your just haven't watched enough football this season. Hes the second lowest rated QB in football. Hes shown regression since year 2 and doesn't have the mental makeup to EVER be a starter.

What could he do better then McElroy? Coming out Sanchez was supposed to be an accurate QB. Hes the second least accurate QB in football. McElroy is more accurate and 1000x smarter. Theres no way in hell he would be any worse then Mar Sanchez. Im sorry but I really couldn't disagree more with your assessment. This was the wrong decision and Rex now deserves to be a goner. He blew his one chance at redemption.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many more chances is he going to get?

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
JerseyJet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trying to make a play for Philip rivers in the off season. SD might be in total rebuild mode next year and might want a fresh start with a new GM/coach/QB. While his play has been somewhat questionable as of late leaving some (idiotic) fans calling for Charlie Whitehurst, he is still leap and bounds better than anything we can and could potentially field next year. With mark sucking so bad and the QB class in this upcoming draft being so weak this or another veteran QB route would be ideal.
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:
I'm not worried. Sanchez will once again play horribly and be permanently benched by the half.

That's what I'm hoping.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseyJet wrote:
I wouldn't mind trying to make a play for Philip rivers in the off season. SD might be in total rebuild mode next year and might want a fresh start with a new GM/coach/QB. While his play has been somewhat questionable as of late leaving some (idiotic) fans calling for Charlie Whitehurst, he is still leap and bounds better than anything we can and could potentially field next year. With mark sucking so bad and the QB class in this upcoming draft being so weak this or another veteran QB route would be ideal.

His attitude would be toxic in NY. Dude is a big time loser in the clutch.

He had LT, Gates, Jackson, Floyd the list goes on and he has done jack. Talk about bad decisions, the Giants go the better of that deal.
Jetcane

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't explain why but I have a feeling that Mark is going to have a monster game vs the Jags.

It will be hilarious if he becomes the Tom Coughlin of players. Right when you know he is going to get fired....he goes on a roll so good, makes playoffs, and then he will get an extension. LOL
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcane wrote:
I can't explain why but I have a feeling that Mark is going to have a monster game vs the Jags.

It will be hilarious if he becomes the Tom Coughlin of players. Right when you know he is going to get fired....he goes on a roll so good, makes playoffs, and then he will get an extension. LOL

lol that would be funny after all this mess that's been going on. But I would feel better for him as a person if that was to happen.
Rich51

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
GangGreen718 wrote:

That's what I'm hoping.

Against the 28th ranked passing defense and 31st ranked run defense? Not to mention that they only have 13 sacks. I can see Sanchez having a good game. For him to get benched he'll have to self destruct against a poor team. I don't think they'll give him that chance. I can see Greene and Powell running all day.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:

Bro how much time can you give him? His inadequacies go WELL beyond his supporting cast, and if you can't see that by now your either blind your just haven't watched enough football this season. Hes the second lowest rated QB in football. Hes shown regression since year 2 and doesn't have the mental makeup to EVER be a starter.

What could he do better then McElroy? Coming out Sanchez was supposed to be an accurate QB. Hes the second least accurate QB in football. McElroy is more accurate and 1000x smarter. Theres no way in hell he would be any worse then Mar Sanchez. Im sorry but I really couldn't disagree more with your assessment. This was the wrong decision and Rex now deserves to be a goner. He blew his one chance at redemption.

The point I'm trying to make is that we have Sanchez regardless of how you feel about him, so you better get used to it. If you would rather start McElroy and have Sanchez ride the bench for the rest of the season you are not thinking straight; don't get your playoff hopes up it is not happening regardless who starts at QB. A team has no reason to trade for Mark right now, and cutting him just limits the Jets further financially. There is no other way to go. It ended up being a horrible contract that the Jets have to live with, and it will a reason why Tannenbaum is eventually fired.

McElroy is going to be a great backup because the fact that he does the little things correctly like throwing accurate underneath throws and protecting the football, but it's not like he's going to save any franchises. Even if he came in and won games for us, how is that helping us down the road? If you ever want to see the Jets become a relevant football team, they are going to need a QB. Starting McElroy does not fill the void. I know people want to believe in the Tony Romo and Tom Brady underdog stories, but those players had far more upside then McElroy on film, and inconsistency was their primary flaw. McElroy can't just discover talent from within whereas Brady and Romo were able to become more consistent football players. The most recent underdog story, Russel Wilson, would've been a top 5 pick had he been a few inches taller. I love McElroy, he's simply just not a franchise QB.

I'm also not claiming that Mark Sanchez is a franchise QB, all I am saying is that Sanchez certainly has more talent and is the greater investment. I would rather fail under Sanchez and put ourselves in position to draft a QB then be a mediocre team under McElroy. The key to sustainable success in the NFL is a franchise QB; McElroy does not fill that void. For all that are trigger-shy on drafting a QB early: just because Sanchez has failed doesn't mean you stop trying.

Speaking in hypotheticals, lets just say the Jets end on somewhat of a positive note, and Mark doesn't fall flat on his face (he very well may) and the Jets finish 8-8. You don't think the Jets are going use the "Mark looked better and will remain with the team in 2013" card? Of course they will because they have to. If Sanchez starts next season as a starter and fails, there's no doubt McElroy would step in for the rest of the season. If Sanchez falls on his face again this year, there's no doubt McElroy would step in for the rest of this season.

McElroy isn't going anywhere, and if Sanchez fails again (with his track record it very well may happen) he won't get another opportunity with this football team. What needs to be determined by the Jets is whether they can justify starting Sanchez to begin 2013, and the only way they'll be able to is if he doesn't play like an idiot in these final 4 games. It is protocol. I want to see wins right now as well, but that's not going to solve the eventual problem and neither will starting Greg McElroy.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone here is thinking/talking playoffs anymore. I for one simply want the team to at least try to do something. I'm sick of them putting out the same crappy product (Sanchez) every week and seemingly be in denial of how bad it is.

Sanchez is done in NY. If he goes in front of the Metlife crowd again, he's going to be given hell. He'd have to win a Superbowl this season (not happening) for anyone to say he deserves to come back next year.

Frankly, I don't care how much money they're wasting by paying Sanchez. He should be riding the bench. The fans that spend their hard earned money on this garbage product week in and week out are the ones who should be talking about money.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez needs to come out with the attitude McElroy had. I can't explain what it was, but there was an obvious difference in demeanor from the two.

BE A MAN CHEZ.

Man, I kinda wanna see McElroy start now, but I also want to see Sanchez succeed. For how terrible Sanchez has been and all, it's not like I don't WANT to root for him. Ya know?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
JerseyJet wrote:

His attitude would be toxic in NY. Dude is a big time loser in the clutch.

He had LT, Gates, Jackson, Floyd the list goes on and he has done jack. Talk about bad decisions, the Giants go the better of that deal.

Dude has had monster seasons with multiple 4000+ yards. Stats wise he def gets it done. Why his team craps out every year is beyond me. No matter how you slice he is still better than anything else we can acquire or currently have.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers isn't good anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: