Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan names Mark Sanchez starting QB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Rex Ryan names Mark Sanchez starting QB Reply with quote

Quote:
HC Rex Ryan has named Mark Sanchez his starting QB for Jets' SUN game at Jacksonville. He has met with the QBs this morning.

http://twitter.com/nyjets/statuses/276313467407986688

Quote:
I'm told fact that Jets play next 2 games on road did play a (minor) role in decision. Hard to start Sanchez in front of home fans this wk

http://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/statuses/276317287395508225
Tom Brady Tribute
jpt331

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words cannot describe the anger I have inside me right now

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured he would do that , Sanchez and Rex are tied at the hip. if and when they lose rex can have fun explaining it to the media , hopefully when he gets fired we can trade Sanchez to wherever Rex goes
JETSsuperbowl43

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the thought process, but I can't say I agree with the decision. Sanchez hasn't been the same QB since that Sunday Night game at Baltimore when he was absolutely decimated. Time for a change, and I believe McElroy did enough on Sunday to deserve a shot at starting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpt331 wrote:
Words cannot describe the anger I have inside me right now

Dont be too down about it. Now that RR has benched Sanchez once i think this is finally Mark's do or die moment. I personally don't think he is good enough to be a starting qb and i do think he will fall flat on his face. I hope he proves me wrong but its not even likely!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan is digging his own grave... I feel bad for Jets fans with this mess.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer was right on this morning.

This is the reconstruction of Mark Sanchez. Rex finally pulled the plug on him. Something he could not do in past years.

Mark will get a pass with the loss of Holmes and Rex will get a pass with the Loss of Revis.

This draft needs to produce 4 starters or contributers. If it can't they will both be gone.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetFanSince85 wrote:
Boomer was right on this morning.

This is the reconstruction of Mark Sanchez. Rex finally pulled the plug on him. Something he could not do in past years.

Mark will get a pass with the loss of Holmes and Rex will get a pass with the Loss of Revis.

This draft needs to produce 4 starters or contributers. If it can't they will both be gone.

I agree with what u said but i think Tanny HAS to go. Way too many bad moves. With that said, depending on the new GM... why would they keep a HC that's not one of their own.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Ryan is digging his own grave... I feel bad for Jets fans with this mess.

Its a move that had to be made... Gotta see give Mark one last chance.. either way I think Mark's on a much shorter leash now and Rex wont hesitate as much to pull him if necessary.

Personally I think Mark plays pretty well against the Jags, but he wont be the unquestioned starter unless we run the table in convincing fashion, which we won't under mark
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does Sanchez deserve one last chance? He's had four years worth of chances. It's time to let go. This move will not give the Jets any advantage at all. We've gone as far as we can with Mark.

I guess I gave Rex too much credit when I thought he'd make the smart choice.

The way I see it, if you're going to give a player a "short leash", especially at the QB position, you shouldn't even play him.
GangGreen718

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not worried. Sanchez will once again play horribly and be permanently benched by the half.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern is that our schedule is weak from here on out. What if he plays ok and our def plays good- we win out. Now Rex looks like a genius and were stuck at this same spot all off season.
Riding sanchez to mediocrity isnt getting us anywhere. Its delaying growth and this franchise. He's has his chances. Gmac played well enough to earn a start- rex is a stubborn mule.
jetskid007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This needed to happen. For the Jet fans claiming McElroy would lead this team to the playoffs... please. Not even Peyton would lead this team to the playoffs. Sure it's possible we win out, but the Jets would need the Colts to lose 3 or the Steelers/Bengals to lose 3. It's not impossible, but certainly not probable.

Here's the deal. Sanchez is not a good QB, but if his head is right he can do everything McElroy can do and much better. The problem with Sanchez is that his head is not right, and he may be at the point of no turning back, but you invested the 5th overall pick in him. Much of the reason he went so high was because of his skill set, but also his supposed "it" factor. We haven't seen it in the last 2 seasons, but maybe, just maybe, he responds to the benching. If he doesn't you can go with McElroy, if he does you buy some more time. Remember, Arizona is one of the best defenses in football. Though Sanchez was beyond horrible, maybe he can twist it around and look at it like "they intercepted Matt Ryan 5 times." Maybe the Jets can get his head right in these next two games to the point where it can be bearable for the short term.

At this point I don't think Sanchez will last past 2013. The way the Jets have handled him has been bad, and he hasn't been able to shoulder the load on his own at all. However, the Jets owe him $8.25 million and parting ways would hurt the franchise even more then it would help it because of the cap penalties we would receive. I would rather ride it out and draft a QB this year/next year then have a QB shuffle. IMPROVE THE TALENT AROUND THE TEAM, SEE IF SANCHEZ IMPROVES. IF NOT DRAFT ANOTHER QB. IF SO, DRAFT A DEVELOPMENTAL QB (THIS YEAR OR NEXT) AND KEEP SANCHEZ ON A SHORT LEASH UNTIL HE PROVES OTHERWISE.

Last edited by jetskid007 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move should show Woody Johnson that both thess guys should be fired along with the GM. I have now lost all faith in Rex Ryan. He is the biggest idiot I have every seen or read about. I was really hoping that GMac would take over and win out the rest of the games and we sneek in the playoffs. Mark Sanchez should be traded and if no one wants him cut him. I know people are going to say we can't take that kind of cap hit but I would rather have the cap hit than Mark on this team. Put a bunch of young guys out there next year and see what they can do. How many red zone TD's does he have to throw before he is benched. Any other team by now would have cut his dumb [inappropriate/removed] months ago.
shortnproud52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season has been a fun game of WE'RE GONNA DO EVERYTHING WE CAN TO DESTROY YOUR SUPPORTING CAST AND KILL YOUR CONFIDENCE BUT WE'RE STILL GONNA STICK WITH YOU LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: