Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rex Ryan names Mark Sanchez starting QB
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Rex Ryan names Mark Sanchez starting QB Reply with quote

Quote:
HC Rex Ryan has named Mark Sanchez his starting QB for Jets' SUN game at Jacksonville. He has met with the QBs this morning.

http://twitter.com/nyjets/statuses/276313467407986688

Quote:
I'm told fact that Jets play next 2 games on road did play a (minor) role in decision. Hard to start Sanchez in front of home fans this wk

http://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN/statuses/276317287395508225
Tom Brady Tribute
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Greg McElroy that bad?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:

Nope, he's probably better than Sanchez but Tannenbaum and Ryan invested a 5th overall pick on Sanchez [which they traded up to get] and a a 5-year, $58.25 million contract that included $20.5 million guaranteed.

They don't want to admit they were stupid to do that so they hope that if they give Sanchez enough starts he might prove to be a capable starter and save them and their jobs, which won't happen.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
Bring it, Mark

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tank mode...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Keleth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
Applause
Bring it, Mark

We all know he will play an avg or above avg game then the week after he will fall apart again.
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it true that Sanchez is on the books for next year for 9 million? Who thought that was a good idea?

I dont understand why Sanchez would get another chance. Move on already.....he is not any good.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe he can turn things around and establish himself as a franchise quarterback.

But that trade for Tebow was lethal and unnecessary.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Babylon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pierrepet wrote:
Is it true that Sanchez is on the books for next year for 9 million? Who thought that was a good idea?

I dont understand why Sanchez would get another chance. Move on already.....he is not any good.

Oh, it's much funnier then that. When Peyton was courting the world in the offseason, the Jets tried to make a push on him, and were rebuffed. But to sooth over Sanchez's hurt feelings they extended his contract, and guaranteed this and next year's base salary. Combine that with him still being on his pre-rookie contract revision rookie deal, and they're on the hook for ~$8.25m next year that they can't avoid paying, and his cap hit is in the neighborhood of $17m. IF they do decide they've had enough and move on, they accelerate another $4m in guarantees he has remaining by cutting him, making his cap hit over $20m next year.

Their only real option is to keep him around with that much sunk into him, bring in a cheap veteran option and hope he can beat out Sanchez in the preseason.
Rejuvenation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible news. Sanchez will continue to weigh them down.

They never should have given him that contract. Terrible job by Tannenbaum on that one.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Babylon wrote:
pierrepet wrote:

Oh, it's much funnier then that. When Peyton was courting the world in the offseason, the Jets tried to make a push on him, and were rebuffed. But to sooth over Sanchez's hurt feelings they extended his contract, and guaranteed this and next year's base salary. Combine that with him still being on his pre-rookie contract revision rookie deal, and they're on the hook for ~$8.25m next year that they can't avoid paying, and his cap hit is in the neighborhood of $17m. IF they do decide they've had enough and move on, they accelerate another $4m in guarantees he has remaining by cutting him, making his cap hit over $20m next year.

Their only real option is to keep him around with that much sunk into him, bring in a cheap veteran option and hope he can beat out Sanchez in the preseason.

LMAO...wow. I didnt know all of that. Pretty crazy.

They are pretty much stuck with him. Alot of Jets fans got mad when some of us were calling the extension a horrible move. This just makes it worse.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final nail in Rex's coffin imo.

Start McElroy and hope he shows promise and they'd probably give him one more year.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In honour of this decision the Jets' new stadium music is "White Flag" by Dido...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_6B_QcDGGc

Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title should read "Rex Ryan wants to be fired"

I don't understand this move at all. Sanchez is just terrible. He does absolutely nothing against the Cardinals for almost 3 quarters, then McElroy comes in and while he doesn't do anything special, he led one (really two) touchdown drives in just over a quarter. For whatever reason, the entire Jets team responded when Sanchez was benched.

This type of move is similar to when a parent grounds a kid for a week, and then let's them free after a day. You don't really learn anything. He's getting his job back after he was terrible and his replacement won the game.

I don't understand the logic behind the money argument. A GM/coach looks far more foolish when they lose than when they're "wrong". Who cares if they're wrong if you win games? Is it really that bad when a guy who makes less money wins you games? Winning is everything. You look like a genius when you win, and like an idiot when you lose.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

Nope, he's probably better than Sanchez but Tannenbaum and Ryan invested a 5th overall pick on Sanchez [which they traded up to get] and a a 5-year, $58.25 million contract that included $20.5 million guaranteed.

They don't want to admit they were stupid to do that so they hope if they give Sanchez enough starts he might prove to be a capable starter and save them and their jobs, which won't happen.

Spot on post.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: