Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 13 Cardinals @ Jets Metrics and Notes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Week 13 Cardinals @ Jets Metrics and Notes Reply with quote

Cards rush Five, drop both OLB's into coverage, Lenon and Washington both get pressure on Sanchez, he throws one up for grabs, Rhodes has played very well from his single high zone to come down and make a play on the football.
Cards in Cover 3 zone. Thrown underneath to Hill, Groves not quick enough to get under the receiver.
Cards run a cover 2 zone, Sanchez panics and takes off the run before any real pressure gets to him (Huge pocket to step into) gets 2 yards and a first down.
Looks like a combination coverage Cover 3 with Peterson playing Man Coverage and underneath zones playing with man concepts. Wilson fails to pick up Cumberland. Easy throw and catch from clean pocket.
A Gap Blitz with Cover 1 behind it. Blitz picked up well. Toler on Schillens, bites on in cut and loses a step, better QB completes the pass, better receiver holds on. Credit Toler with punching the ball out, but he was beat.
Cards Show A Gap Blitz then drop both ILB's out. Cover Three behind. Groves comes as a free blitzer and somehow misses the sack. Throw made in front of Gay to Hill, forced out short of first down.
Cards in Cover 3 and rush 4. Lenon slow to close down on Keller in zone, then misses tackle giving him 10 free yards.
Cover 1 with a blitz. 1 v 1 coverage Peterson on Kerley. Sanchez just throws one up for his receiver to make a play. Peterson does not react to the ball, caught for gain of 19.
Man on the outsides Single high safety LB's in zone. TE down the seam, passed up by LB, Rhodes comes downhill and makes a tremendous play on the football. TE would have been an option for a good gain if Rhodes did not play it so well.
Cover 1. Playaction, receivers come out very slowly. Sanchez tucks and is going to run, Acho works off him man for the sack (Dockett is credit with half officially, but did no work)
LB's in an underneath zone, Rhodes playing single high. Peterson in Man coverage. Receiver shows a head fake to the outside. Peterson bites badly and flips his hips the wrong way and gets completely turned around. Interior pressure from Ronald Talley forces Sanchez to pull the ball down slide and then make the throw. Rhodes is not deep enough in single high zone and allows the play to get behind him. Peterson closes in a flash and is able to make an incredible interception. However if Talley does not force Sanchez to double clutch this play is likely a big gainer for the Jets. Peterson was beat, Rhodes was not deep enough. Ronald Talley saves the day.
Cards in Cover 1, Peterson 1 v 1 on Kerley. Beaten off the LOS quite easily, Peterson in Press Man does not lay a hand on him. Slant route would have got 8-10 yards, but Kerley dropped it.
Cover 1. Sanders deep Middle. Rhodes rotates down into Man coverage on Schillens. William Gay is beaten like a drum on this play on the backside. If Sanchez is not throwing a smoke route to Schillens the WR who is 8 yards short of the first down when he makes the catch, this is an easy pitch and catch for a touchdown to Hill. Toler initially lined up at CB comes on a blitz.
Sanchez wants to throw a hot slant to his receiver with off coverage, WR does not get the message ball thrown well behind receiver.
Cover 1, Playaction roll out, Sanchez throws a comeback route to Hill with Peterson on him. Catch made (Just) for 15 yards.
Cover 3, Sanchez throws quick hook to Hill against Gay for 6 yards.
Cover 1, Washington in Man Coverage on Keller. Hit the quick out for 5 yards and a first down.
Cards Rush Four Cover Three behind. Wilson times blitz perfectly and has a free shot from the blindside but does not connect. Sanchez steps up and trips. Carter touches him while he is down. Officially they split the sack, Wilson with the Hurry, Carter with the touch for the sack, Wilson doing all the work.
Empty backfield, Cover 1. Rhodes hits the target as the ball gets there, incomplete.
Cards in Cover 1, Dan Williams and Sam Acho with hurries to force Sanchez to throw it away.
Cover 1, 5 man blitz. Gay sits on the hook route, jumps it has the ball hit him in the hands and then hit the turf.
Cover 3 (though Peterson seems to be playing Trail Man technique), Sanchez overthrows his checkdown Powell, almost picked off by Washington after a tip/
Cover 3, Cards send Gay from the slot and he takes down Sanchez for a loss of 9. Cards also run a Tackle/OLB stunt on the same edge to give Gay a free run, nice play design.
Cards line up in 2 man coverage, Jets throw a WR screen to Schilens.
Cards In Cover 1, blitz 5, two LB's and a Safety up the middle. Sanchez tries to hit the slant to Hill which is there with Gay in off man. Talley makes a nice play to bat the ball away.

Cover 3, but Corners basically play man coverage. McElroy take a shot deep, overthrown, Gay with good coverage.
2 Man coverage. McElroy makes the simple out route throw to Hill with Toler in coverage, lost a step on a simple out cut. Not good enough.
Playaction rollout, good coverage, Mcelroy scrambles for 3 yards. 15 yard penalty tacked on for a love tap. Terrible call.
Goalline set, Jets donít have a receiver on the field. Playaction, Cards all bite down hard. Cumberland is able to come out freely and runs free in the endzone for the TD. Cumberland is the only player in a route on this play. Someone had coverage responsibility on this play, I just don't have a single clue who. Wilson looks like he has called blitz on the play. My two best guesses would be Groves or Bradley, but I don't know who.
Cover 3 from the Cardinals. McElroy departs a pretty clean pocket early and then just pitches it out to Bell. Rhodes comes down and makes an outstanding play to knock the ball loose.
Cover 1, Peterson on Kerley in the slot. Beaten on a quick out route for 5 yards.
Cover 1. Corner Blitz, Johnson comes down onto the slot receiver. Play design moves pocket to QB's right. Dockett gets off a block and forces a throw away.
Man Coverage all over the secondary, designed rollout to the right. McElroy keeps it and runs for 4 on the ground. Dump off in the flat as the primary read was well covered.
Peterson in Press Man on Kerley, they run the same backshoulder fade as they did earlier and complete it again. Peterson does not get any contact on the receiver at the LOS.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be honest - Are you an NFL scout? I don't even think Rod Graves breaks down that much tape...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Be honest - Are you an NFL scout? I don't even think Rod Graves breaks down that much tape...

No.
I bet he does, and the coaches and players would do this in meetings over and over.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the offence should watch more tape :p
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cover 1, 5 man blitz. Gay sits on the hook route, jumps it has the ball hit him in the hands and then hit the turf"

Bolded: That's officially gotten old.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this. Patrick Peterson did not have a good game at all. He made one big time flashy play. But even on that play he was beaten.

He was beaten twice on the same back shoulder fade one from each QB.

Yibbyl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
I will say this. Patrick Peterson did not have a good game at all. He made one big time flashy play. But even on that play he was beaten.

I'm surprised they targeted him more than Gay! In fact, even after watching the game, I would have lost a bet to anyone claiming that!

Is this the first time you left Fleming's name off the spreadsheet? Damn, I wish I knew the whole story as to what was really was going on with him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yibbyl wrote:
khodder wrote:

I'm surprised they targeted him more than Gay! In fact, even after watching the game, I would have lost a bet to anyone claiming that!

Is this the first time you left Fleming's name off the spreadsheet? Damn, I wish I knew the whole story as to what was really was going on with him.

Bolded: At least the 3rd. Fleming hasn't played a single defensive snap in 3 weeks.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Yibbyl wrote:
khodder wrote:

Bolded: At least the 3rd. Fleming hasn't played a single defensive snap in 3 weeks.

Though this is the first time I have removed him from the spreadsheet altogether.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cover 1 with a blitz. 1 v 1 coverage Peterson on Kerley. Sanchez just throws one up for his receiver to make a play. Peterson does not react to the ball, caught for gain of 19.

Quote:
Peterson in Press Man on Kerley, they run the same backshoulder fade as they did earlier and complete it again. Peterson does not get any contact on the receiver at the LOS

As a quick update to the two above plays, and likely the Bethel TD given up last week. They are plays that are "Trail" man plays. They are designed to give a free release and then the CB will play just off the hip of the receiver and will turn and look for the ball when they do.

Peterson excels in this type of coverage and last week Bethel played it very well despite the pitch and catch going for a TD.

However this type of a technique, as we saw against the Jets, can be beat by the back shoulder throw as it does not give the CB enough time to react to the ball and make up the ground across the receiver to make a play on the football.

Initially I thought this may have been poor technique from Peterson when in reality it was likely not. Now the choice to play Trail Technique on the outside here is something that can be called into question (But we don't know whether that is Patricks decision or whether that is what Ray wants them to do.) but the way Patrick played the coverage is not bad, just beaten by a better pitch and catch.

stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 13 Cardinals @ Jets Metrics and Notes Reply with quote

Quote:
Cards Rush Four Cover Three behind. Wilson times blitz perfectly and has a free shot from the blindside but does not connect. Sanchez steps up and trips. Carter touches him while he is down. Officially they split the sack, Wilson with the Hurry, Carter with the touch for the sack, Wilson

The league has changed this to a sack solely to Adrian Wilson.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Week 13 Cardinals @ Jets Metrics and Notes Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Quote:
Cards Rush Four Cover Three behind. Wilson times blitz perfectly and has a free shot from the blindside but does not connect. Sanchez steps up and trips. Carter touches him while he is down. Officially they split the sack, Wilson with the Hurry, Carter with the touch for the sack, Wilson

The league has changed this to a sack solely to Adrian Wilson.

He must have made only very slight contact with the foot. Wilson did all the work here though.

younggun1273

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a question. Do you have a percentage for when we have 3 safeties on the field?

Justo on the sig
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
I got a question. Do you have a percentage for when we have 3 safeties on the field?

No, but in terms of when we actually play a 3 safety look it is close to zero. If we do put three safeties onto the field then it is with one of them not playing the role of a safety.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: