Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detroit Lions @ GB Packers GDT--does the streak end?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
GB
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim just lock this thread. Seriously the other fan base isnt going to let us breathe after the loss. They have ZERO tact or respect right now.

No need for Lions fans to get banned because Mods and alike coming in here inciting.

I do not want to see a Lion fan banned for their lack of space right now

Not to be rude, but for all the accusations of trolling being thrown, it's been Lion fans saying things like:

diehardlionfan wrote:
The Packers are the dirtiest team in the league yet you defend them like they're a bunch of choir boys.

Seems sort of hypocritical. Nothing wrong with admitting you lost to a better team on the road. It happens.

I have no issue with losing to a better team.

I have issues with the lack of objectivity amongst certain fan bases who make claims against one player while not holding players from their team to the same standard. That's hypocritical son!

What incidents have we had that was dirty? We had Woodson against the Saints and . . . our guy stepping over your RB?
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is disapointing.

Seriously Lions forum, just because they have a GB logo in their sig or avatar does not mean they are trolling. I am going to lock this for a few minutes so people can calm down.

If you don't like someones opinion, it does not mean it is trolling. GB fans have every right to post here with out being called a troll or being belittled. Read what a troll is before throwing out accusations like this.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Your act is getting extremely tiring. Almost every time Detroit and Green Bay play you come into our forums pretending to be a peace maker, only to turn it around a couple pages later and troll with the best of them.

You're blatantly making this up.

The only one that thinks he's making it up is you.

I think every Lion fan would agree with him.

So perhaps, if everyone agrees with him, you should slow your roll because it would appear obvious that how you think you present yourself is the exact opposite of how we see you.

Frankly I find your entire attitude in the Lions forum to be offensive.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will open this back up so we can discuss the game.

A warning to everyone, do not troll, and do not respond to trolls. If a troll appears, do not call him out and bash him in the thread, inform a mod and we will take care of it. Any noncompliance will be sent directly to webby to determine outcomes.

Adopt-A-Lion - Larry Warford, OG as in Original Gangsta
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- You balled out to stop the pass. Fine job doing that, kept Rodgers out of the endzone through the air, tip of the hat.

- Game plan was to make the running game beat you and it just so happened that we had enough in the tank to make it happen. We certainly wouldn't every Sunday and we may not have had it tonight had the weather not screwed you over and you not been dealing with problems in your receiving corps.

- You beat the crap out of our receivers at the line in heavy man, just so happens when you end up playing man you expose yourself to QB scrambles because everybody is watching the WRs. Give Rodgers credit on that one, he's the MVP of the league for a reason, smart play and one not many QBs can make.

- You played a ton of Wide-9 like usual, and like usual, the Wide-9 giveth and the Wide-9 taketh away. You might not have forced that fumble without it but a more traditional set probably doesn't allow us to run the ball so much. No reason your DEs should be getting covered up by our TEs in any other situation. Neither Finley or Williams could move me out of the hole.

- Game got chippy at the end there and I don't think it should surprise anybody. I'll leave my opinions on Suh and Fairley out of this but I'm not surprised when frustrations were mounting high your interior took some shots. On one hand it enraged me as an opposing fan and wanted some of our guys to take some shots of our own. On the other hand, they're both special talents and a lot of that comes from the aggression and attitude they play with. I think those two are guys that the rest of the league will despise and you will love. Seems the best interior guys are like that historically and I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle of our two beliefs.

- Dear God you guys need to get healthy. I've always liked Scheffler and hold Calvin in the highest esteem but you had nothing after those two. It's a shame that Broyles got hurt and Young is retarded because both guys had potential to be good players and really cause problems.

- I liked Schwartz's style today. Played aggressive, loved the Stafford bootleg play, knew we're damn good on the goaline and that our OLBs are both injured, took advantage of our mistake and dialed it up perfectly, good work. Didn't even disagree with the Hanson 51 yarder, would have done the same thing in that spot. At some point you trust your players to make plays. If Hanson knocks that baby in that last second drive is for a tie or win rather than the opportunity to fight for another drive.

- Your offensive line looks excellent. I don't think Stafford ever had a throw seriously bothered by pressure. Did a great job opening up holes on the ground. Tip of the hat, admittedly our front-7 had 9 active guys but still a damn fine performance all around. Still going head to head against NFL players and won more than they lost, can't ask much more.

- Stafford was having problems with the lack of receivers. He did a good job getting it to CJ but the Packers defense wasn't going to let him get any YAC. Bell seemed a nice little checkdown option and Scheffler is always a guy who seems to make a few plays a game. Other than those three, man alive that was hard to watch. Very little seperation and a lot of confusion. Tough draw on the injury front. A lot harder to deal with injuries when you're trying to ascend rather than maintain. Packers have been under competent management for longer and have stockpiled talent. The Lions are still trying to cover their bases, but they'll get there.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottom line is Detroit will NEVER get the same calls in this league. The lopsided calls was dumb. Suh was held every play dang near. This is why DT get chippy.

The horrible hold on the Rodgers td run was wow just wow.

Horrible face masks not called. Late hits on Stafford....mulitple but the slide was big time.

Then Det eased up too. Hard to win with refs jobbing you but bottom line is conservative play calling after half cost them game.

Detroit failed to make the right calls a few times and it cost them in the end.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
qball8001

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Bottom line is Detroit will NEVER get the same calls in this league. The lopsided calls was dumb. Suh was held every play dang near. This is why DT get chippy.

Horrible face masks not called. Late hits on Stafford....mulitple but the slide was big time.

Then Det eased up too. Hard to win with refs jobbing you but bottom line is conservative play calling after half cost them game.

Church

Detroit hasn't had a game officiated fairly since 1991.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Church

And I guess Calvin only gets record because he faces soft coverage all the time.

Heard it all tonight

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Church

You will enjoy this then

http://www.thefixisin.net/penalty.html

Especially the Saints clip near end

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Maverick12

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

Church

You will enjoy this then

http://www.thefixisin.net/penalty.html

Especially the Saints clip near end

Both Saints videos just made me sick to my stomach.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:

There has never been a game in which you got a fair shake. Give it a rest. Your team isn't up to caliber right now. No one is out to get you. The refs don't try to job you. The outcome is not decided by them in this case.

And for the record, Rodgers was hit very, very late and should have seen a 15 yard penalty for a first down. The officials missed a blatant facemask on Alex Green on a run early in the game.

It's football. It happens to every one, every game.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:

There has never been a game in which you got a fair shake. Give it a rest. Your team isn't up to caliber right now. No one is out to get you. The refs don't try to job you. The outcome is not decided by them in this case.

And for the record, Rodgers was hit very, very late and should have seen a 15 yard penalty for a first down. The officials missed a blatant facemask on Alex Green on a run early in the game.

It's football. It happens to every one, every game.

Well, I kind of agree. And one certainly can't use penalties as an excuse for a loss.....

The stats above would suggest it happens to the Packers much, much less.
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refs weren't the ones who fumbled the ball which resulted in a TD. The refs didn't throw an awful INT. The refs weren't the ones who couldn't stop the Packers RB's from running it down your throats in the second half. The refs weren't the ones missing a FG. The refs weren't the ones who were responsible for some weird play calling on offense in the second half.
FootballPhreak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
The refs weren't the ones who fumbled the ball which resulted in a TD. The refs didn't throw an awful INT. The refs weren't the ones who couldn't stop the Packers RB's from running it down your throats in the second half. The refs weren't the ones missing a FG. The refs weren't the ones who were responsible for some weird play calling on offense in the second half.

Are Packer fans just incapable of toning it down?
Louis Friend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions didn't lose because of refs. Lions lost because they had no receivers besides Calvin Johnson on the field. Kris Durham did about as well as you can expect from PS filler. Missing our #2, #3 and #4 WRs really hurt.

Lions lost because they aren't used to playing in the snow and in those conditions. Stafford losing the grip on the ball for a GB TD. Guys just slipping down. Both teams had to play in these conditions, but one is used to it.

Lions lost because the wide-9 leaves gapping holes for teams to run on us. We've played less wide-9 this year and our run defense has looked better overall. Last night we seemed to revert back.

Were there bad calls and no calls? Absolutely, on both sides. Packer fans will notice the ones against them more, Lions fans will notice the ones against them more. But they still occurred. The two that stick out to me the most was Suhs hit on Rodgers that was called, compared to Staffords slide that wasn't. Both were bang bang plays that could have gone either way, but Rodgers gets that call, Stafford doesn't.

Glad no one got hurt. Good Luck to the Packers the rest of the way.

Sig by Smack

2014 ADOPT-A-LION: DEVIN TAYLOR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 32 of 34

Jump to: